Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Evanda Char started life as humble mechanic?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: SWTOR: Will/how will you play?  (Read 17605 times)

Helen Ohmiras

SWTOR: Will/how will you play?
« on: 13 Oct 2011, 10:37 »

:|
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2011, 09:11 by Helen Ohmiras »

Lyn Farel

Re: SWTOR: Will/how will you play?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2011, 11:05 »

Even if all I see of that game is pure crap, I will still try it to see. Though I will probably be on a localized server, so, probably not with you :/

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #2 on: 13 Oct 2011, 11:30 »

Yes. Mizhara will rise anew in yet another game. She's been a character in an astounding amount of games so far, as a personality archetype (with one or two similarish gimmicks for continuity) to build a character around, taking the setting into account. I'll be going Sith of course, as I just never could get the hang of goodie-two-shoes in any RP setting. Even my 'best' and 'good' characters are utterly ruthless when the situation calls for it, which at best makes them anti-heroes. They could never be 'Light side' in anything as the movies and games largely shows that it requires an enormous amount of naiveté and stubborn refusal to face facts.

(Singleplayer is another thing entirely, as the stories/interaction usually allows for it, but in multiplayer RP settings it never works for me.)

So, yes. European server, may have a guild coming up depending on old friends and it'll be Dark/Sith/Empire side.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 13 Oct 2011, 11:46 »

I will probably be playing with friends and family.

No details yet, we will probably be on the darker side of things. Mainly because of the reasons mentioned by Mizh.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #4 on: 13 Oct 2011, 11:51 »

Yep, and as Sith.

Arkady Sadik

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 13 Oct 2011, 12:12 »

I might play (as Republic) if some RL friends drag me in, but I doubt it. What I've seen of that game is totally contrary to all the spirit and flavor that I love with the SW universe.

... Soldier tanks, Jedi healers and Sith damage dealers. Srsly, whoever came up with that concept should be taken out and run over by a sandcrawler, twice.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #6 on: 13 Oct 2011, 12:17 »

[mod]*snip*[/mod]

P.S. I will prolly play and will prolly be a Soldier doing everything possible to kill every force user in the game. I'm not sure of the faction
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2011, 17:11 by Misan »

Crucifire

« Reply #7 on: 13 Oct 2011, 13:01 »

My brother has this incoming for his Xmas gift, I'll be getting a trial when I'm able to so I can join him. I've had ample opportunity to participate in the beta but the giant size of the game and my currently limited HD space has kept me back.

If/when I'm in I'll see about joining some backstagers, if we're on the same server.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #8 on: 13 Oct 2011, 13:20 »

servers? ughhhhhh

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 13 Oct 2011, 13:24 »

servers? ughhhhhh

Avatar driven combat (especially PvP) doesn't handle high latency very well, so region servers are a minimum must for a game like this I fear. What I can only hope and pray for is that there'll be dedicated RP-PvP servers that are enforced to be such. Avatar driven games like these just can't be done the same way Eve does things.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 13 Oct 2011, 15:05 »

I dig Star Wars and all, but primarely from the point 'X-Wing' introduced to me when I was a child so I doubt SW:TOR will appeal to me.

Heck, I did not even enjoy (or managed to finish) the original KOTOR games...
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 13 Oct 2011, 15:14 »

Yeah, there seems to be a bit of a chasm there between two different groups of Star Wars fans. Personally I can't stand the games nor movies/books from the time period of the movies, but the Old Republic Star Wars universe really appeals to me. A lot of other people have it the exact opposite way.

KOTOR and the books from that universe are really enjoyable to me, in ways that the 'original' Star Wars universe really isn't. It's all the awesome of Star Wars without the George Lucas shitfest, basically. Of course, this is dependant on the person and not really a 'trufax'.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 13 Oct 2011, 15:21 »

Perhaps. In my case I think it is more about enjoying flying spaceships than anything else. :)
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Nakal Ashera

• Clonejack
« Reply #13 on: 13 Oct 2011, 16:26 »

I played the beta for like a year. I don't think it would be an NDA violation for me to say that the game is terrible.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #14 on: 13 Oct 2011, 16:50 »

I played the beta for like a year. I don't think it would be an NDA violation for me to say that the game is terrible.

Can that judgement call truly have any validity on a product that was still in production? Could you elaborate on your statement with facts of why it is terrible so we can all come to a consensus on this and not waste our money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10