Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Boosters are banned because they cause a deadly, incurable brain disease?  Read more here.

Author Topic: The Unrighteous Dress  (Read 1077 times)

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
The Unrighteous Dress
« on: 14 Jan 2013, 19:59 »

Here is a picture of Synthia:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Design an Unrighteous Dress for her.

For it is Written:
A dress that displays,
Both Leg and Cleavage,
Is tarty and Unrighteous.

I don't have art skillz :\
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2013, 20:03 by Synthia »
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: The Unrighteous Dress
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2013, 20:06 »

9/10

would greenscreen again

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2013, 20:59 »

Anyone who would cloth that beauty deserves to be mocked.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2013, 16:33 »

Anyone who would cloth that beauty deserves to be mocked.
The Gallente have an answer to this, just saying. Of course, this depends on whether Synthia wanted a tarted up Synthia or a synthed up Tartia.

This is a post for the Church of the Crimson Saviour. It is tarting up Backstage and may offend anyone that perceives it tasteless or easy pickings. Tart level: Unrighteous.

"Due to the popularity of Midna Lyre, a Gallentean fashion house designed a series of clothes for the Sani Sabik (wannabe) segment."

In addition to being Unrighteous, the following image may also be Not Safe for Work.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Cleavage? Check.
Shows leg? Check (even if the dress would not be transparent).

Essentially, the chest of the wearer of the "Heartbreak" dress (pictured) is covered by a somewhat-supporting heart-shaped brassiere integreated to the dress. The function of the unmentionables is served by a blooddrop-shaped cover (which may or may not extend into a heart-shaped rear-part for the more chaste wearers). The "dress" part is a single piece sheet of thin slightly elastic transparent nanofiber, which covers the other parts of the dress (including the shoes, also covered in thin transparent film).

And yes, this covers more than some of the old Gallente char creator clothes, at least if what was visible was of any indicator. Process: I originally just drew thru the outline of Synthia, practicing to use my pen tablet (which I haven't used in a looong time). The idea was to make this look more like a technical diagram. However, my drawing isn't yet quite steady enough. Next I tried colour (I previously have mainly worked with pencil or greyscale on the tablet). Colour on a greyscale outline didn't look good, so I then proceeded to 'shop the clothes on Synthia, using somewhat distressing amount of time to retouch the straps of her underwear away (somewhat explained by the fact that my tablet stopped working due to an unknown reason and I needed to finish things with the mouse). At this point, the dress was slightly more covering (if such a thing can be said about a transparent dress), but I started wondering how one could put it on. So I removed some textile from the middle so that the wearer "could" pull the bottom part on and then fix the top part by a strap on the back. The red parts were also originally meant to be bright red & on the surface of the dress, but then I figured that there was no way for the bottom part to actually work and covered them with the "same material" the rest of the dress is made of.

« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2013, 16:36 by Mithfindel »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2013, 16:58 »

Too bad you have white hair...

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 16 Jan 2013, 13:41 »

Tablet works again and fiddling with different programs. The previous work was on Paint.NET. Oh boy, GIMP is really much better. Did this very quickly, using the previous image as a source, so the quality is somewhat garbage. Being more careful, could probably make the heir & shoulder look much better.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jan 2013, 07:37 »

amazing  :)

Graelyn's pic is also win.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jan 2013, 08:58 »

Since I was asked to be more constructive and because you liked the outfit linked by Graelyn so much... How about something like this then?
[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2013, 09:19 by Laerise [PIE] »