Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The number of young, idealistic scientists found in Verge Vendor is disproportionately high? (Region Description)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Matari/Anti-slavery hardliners  (Read 10879 times)

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
Re: Matari/Anti-slavery hardliners
« Reply #60 on: 16 Sep 2010, 20:17 »

I'd really love to get more tools for the RP sandbox, for us to build our stories with.

The news items and other stuff we already get are great, mind you. I'd just love to get more in-game tools to make the world alive so we'd have more ability to make our own stories in addition to participating in stories CCP comes up with.

What sorts of tools? What sorts of stories?

And shouldn't you be sleeping?
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Isobel Mitar

• Egger
« Reply #61 on: 17 Sep 2010, 05:50 »

I'd really love to get more tools for the RP sandbox, for us to build our stories with.

The news items and other stuff we already get are great, mind you. I'd just love to get more in-game tools to make the world alive so we'd have more ability to make our own stories in addition to participating in stories CCP comes up with.

What sorts of tools? What sorts of stories?

As an example, there has been an initiative to make it possible to free slaves or enslave people, to make the slaver/anti-slaver conflict more meaningful. Having the number of slaves taken/freed in a system affect the world in some way would be even cooler (maybe mission distribution?).

Another example might be a way to slowly over time affect the security status of certain systems to some degree. (for pirates/anti-pirates)

FW occupancy does nothing, standings do little. How about negative standings to a faction making them charge larger refining, market and repair fees?

Game development is hard, a lot of stuff sounds like nice ideas until you start to consider how it affects playability and balance, and/or try to come up with ways to abuse the system. ;)

DeT Resprox

• Egger
  • Leader of Ushra'Khan and founding member.
    • evepandora
« Reply #62 on: 17 Sep 2010, 07:53 »

EvE is the ultimate sandbox, where using your mind can create possibilities.  Now that CCP LIVE EVENTS are back in effect, i see lots of evolving coming through.  I've been creating missions for rewards for obtaining slaves in an attempt to bring a 'feel' to achieving something out of freeing slaves and to bring some variety to the RP environment.  The post to that, along with the actual mission/campaign itself can be seen at http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1384464.  I added it to the Player Driven Content forums on here with the complete description of the mission itself at http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=1127.0

I also made a suggestion to how Slaves could be manipulated and other citizen types could be converted into other types and affecting standings etc.  That thread can be found at http://www.eveonline.com/iNgameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1283260&page=1(since locked due to inactivity).

I'm taking a fleet out tonight of allsorts of players from different corporations to hit Amarr hisec systems where most of us (the Minmatar Faction Warfare members) will get the added thrill of being chased by the Amarr Navy NPC's :)

Our objectives are to shoot down the NPC haulers (the ones you see coming in and out of station) to get their slave cargo content and bring it back safely with added rewards depending on outcome of the event.  The added thrill factor there is that you lose standing against the NPC corporation which own the NPC transport.
DeT Resprox
Leader of the Ushra'Khan and founding member
T.R.I.A.D CEO
Minmatar Militia Fleet Commander
Founding member of the People's Republic of Minmatar

DeT Resprox

• Egger
  • Leader of Ushra'Khan and founding member.
    • evepandora
« Reply #63 on: 17 Sep 2010, 07:56 »

woops double post
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2010, 08:07 by DeT Resprox »
DeT Resprox
Leader of the Ushra'Khan and founding member
T.R.I.A.D CEO
Minmatar Militia Fleet Commander
Founding member of the People's Republic of Minmatar
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]