Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Jove Empire is isolated from the rest of the world to all but a selected few? read more here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Matari/Anti-slavery hardliners  (Read 10882 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Matari/Anti-slavery hardliners
« on: 02 Sep 2010, 22:59 »

So something's been bugging me for over a year now. The Amarr blocs and other entities that accept slavery are pretty much thriving, and has been for some time. Some are even hardliners on the concept, and others are merely dabbling in it. Most pirate factions accept or outright endorse slavery, and even the Caldari are Empire supporters, even if they personally outlaw slavery in the State.

Where's all the Matari hardliners? Where's all the anti-slavery hardliners? I can't find any anymore. Everyone's either into slavery, or simply speaks against it but keeps huggling their close slaver friend.

I know there's consequences to shunning slavery. Hell, I live it. My character gets more and more shunned, as she won't accept tolerance for slavery in those she interacts with, no matter their race. I know it limits your social circle quite a bit, as it means you run the risk of having to tell the slavers and those who accepts slavery to fuck off.

Is that price so horrible to pay that there's no one left on the hardliner side of things? I keep hearing of the 'old days' when there were Matari hardliners around. Then they buggered off to Nullsec and pretty much stopped being an RP entity and instead became a pewpew entity with RP on the sidelines. There's Republic RP around, but I see little hardliner activity coming from within a Republic that still totes Midular's flag around for kissing Amarr ass nine times out of ten.

Are there hardliners left? If so, where the hell are you? What do you do?

If not, is there perhaps someone out there that's interested in trying it out, or is it simply too grueling not being able to have your Matari ex-slave or whatever still huggle any slaver just for the convenience of getting RP out of it?

Help me out here. Show me your colours. As it stands... I get the distinct feeling my hardliner character is standing alone, listening to the echoes of her warcries bounce off the giant Amarr/Empire/Slaver bloc just waiting to be crushed under their weight.

Kazzzi

• Egger
Re: Matari/Anti-slavery hardliners
« Reply #1 on: 02 Sep 2010, 23:34 »

There's plenty, however, many tend to avoid places like The Summit or IGS.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 02 Sep 2010, 23:39 »

Not to be an ass, but that's not helpful at all. Where does said anti-slavers hang out? Do they actually do any RP, or just pewpewing randomly after writing some anti-slavery bio?

Kazzzi

• Egger
« Reply #3 on: 02 Sep 2010, 23:53 »

There is no organized 'Minmatar Bloc', so most anti-slavery RP chat and events I know of are internal.

Deck 23 used to be a pretty popular IC channel for U'K RPers, but like I said, it's mostly internal now. We should pester Zool to get the channel populated again.

Might find some anti-slavers hanging out in Public - EM

Hard to unify all anti-slavers due to differing political views. Edit: Indeed it seemed as though violence almost erupted among various anti-slavery groups over the whole Midular thing.  :)
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2010, 01:30 by Kazzzi »

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #4 on: 03 Sep 2010, 02:34 »

Not to be an ass, but that's not helpful at all. Where does said anti-slavers hang out? Do they actually do any RP, or just pewpewing randomly after writing some anti-slavery bio?

IGS is a bit of a cesspool, we don't go there too much - just for important announcements and occasionally backing up our allies.

We tend to RP through our actions in space. Our preferred targets are slavers or their allies. Some of us blog the anti-slaver RP externally. Local channel is IC-only for U'K/D'K too, for what it's worth. Honestly there is a bit of internal tension in D'K atm between people with different positions on how important RP is and should be but we're still a good way from abandoning it, thankfully.

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #5 on: 03 Sep 2010, 02:41 »

Electus Matari would be one emancipationist banner to rally around.

Kazzzi

• Egger
« Reply #6 on: 03 Sep 2010, 02:52 »

Electus Matari would be one emancipationist banner to rally around.
Sure if you can deal with dirtay Republic politics  ;)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 03 Sep 2010, 03:01 »

Well, the thing is, EM isn't exactly about anti-slavery. EM is about building up and strengthening the Republic. (From the horse's mouth). Basically, making sure the home base is secure while others deal with the pesky Empire.

I look around the various RP channels. The various bars, the Summit, all over the place. I see slavers in pretty much all of them, and joyful interaction is had. I don't see anyone frowning and sneering in distaste or things like that. (You do get that if you talk about freeing slaves, or being hardline). I titter about on alts, wandering around the Amarr channels and areas... and I see great cohesion. I see struggles and challenges... but I see Amarr cohesion and familiarity. Unity.

It's been a while since I've seen any Matari unity. The one Matari hangout that I knew about pretty much died out, I think, not to mention Anti-slavery unity.

And please, don't let me give you the impression I'm saying to anyone that 'urdoinitrong'. I'm quite pleased at seeing people RP and enjoy themselves. I am just a little saddened at being alone on the far end of the spectrum, with just a Khanid(!) and the last remaining member of Du'uma Fiisi.

I ask again... where's the Matari? Is there interest at all in a proper Matari 'bloc' or interest in more hardline Matari/Anti-slavery RP? It would be limiting the pool of people you could huggle with, after all...

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #8 on: 03 Sep 2010, 06:36 »

Your question was answered, you know where we are. It's just that most of us are fairly quiet/speak with actions.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 03 Sep 2010, 06:44 »

And if U'K/D'K is all there is... well... the point is kind of made, isn't it?

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #10 on: 03 Sep 2010, 06:58 »

None of your options apply to me >_>

I think my GF wants to play the hardline Matari card, but she needs a computer before she can play.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #11 on: 03 Sep 2010, 07:57 »

Sounds to me like a niche to be re-developed.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 03 Sep 2010, 08:00 »

Being a hardliner seems to be a solo venture by its nature.

People want to feel accepted, therefore they make compromises, therefore they will not be hardliners anymore.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Aodha Khan

« Reply #13 on: 03 Sep 2010, 08:02 »

UK is the only anti-slavery group I can think of.

My corp is anti-Amarr Empire, we see the Empire as being the problem creating many other issues like Minmatar slavery.

If people want to keep Amarr slaves then fine by us.  :twisted:

I intend to build on some of the work I did in Paratawa but we are just a growing group but once the new members get some more experience then we will get more profile. For now we are doing a good job fighting the Empire on the front line.

"The Paratwa Ra condemned the newly formed Ushra'Khan as beeing to soft and refused to join the alliance"

Paratwa: http://eve-history.net/wiki/index.php/The_Paratwa_Ra

We keep to ourselves as I dont see our RP as hanging around in bars with Amarrians/Gurista/Caldari etc etc. Just seems silly as my char would immediately want to slice their throats.
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2010, 08:10 by Aodha Khan »

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #14 on: 03 Sep 2010, 08:16 »

And if U'K/D'K is all there is... well... the point is kind of made, isn't it?

And there was me thinking you were simply asking questions.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5