Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raiders have grandmothers? (The Burning Life)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Front Corporations  (Read 3988 times)

Boma Airaken

• Egger
Re: Front Corporations
« Reply #15 on: 06 Sep 2010, 23:15 »

I don't really want to be a big fat downer on this idea, though I kind of have that reputation, but I honestly think your time and effort would be better spent spamming the CSM and forums to finally bring in a real black market to eve and insisting that contraband become useful.

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #16 on: 08 Sep 2010, 00:30 »

I dunno. Given CCP's stance/track record on fixing things and actually doing stuff the players want, I might be better off giving it a shot and hoping for the best.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

deMangler

• Clonejack
« Reply #17 on: 08 Sep 2010, 06:44 »

I dunno. Given CCP's stance/track record on fixing things and actually doing stuff the players want, I might be better off giving it a shot and hoping for the best.
True enough, especially given CCP's stated priorities for the next 'generic period'*
In any case, a black market, or black markets, really emerge from creative use of already existing mechanisms of transactional exchange - which already exist in EVE. A provided 'black market' would be nice, perhaps - not really black, but real black markets, hopefully, will still emerge due to RPers trying to enrich the fabric of EVE.
Unfortunately finding a way of doing it that is profitable, and thus sustainable, and not dependent on subsidies for the sake of RP, is difficult. That is why it takes an RP motivator to make it happen - rather than a financial motivator.
I think that the OP's idea of a hisec 'fence' corp, or network of corps can be made sustainable, but not as profitable finacially as other ways of spending time, so the desire to do it mainly for RP sake, rather than purely for profit seems necesarry.

*18 months. :)

IC -: LS-RP
-------------------
OOC -:

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 08 Sep 2010, 07:42 »

Or simply because that is what the player finds enjoyable.

People play Eve and never touch ship-to-ship PvP; they train up Trade skills, contact out transport, and do margin trading across regions.  Mine and build T1 ships below market mineral value cause they find it enjoyable.

A Blockade Runner (cloaking transport, Crane carries just shy of 10k m3) can run through most any low-sec gate camp.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #19 on: 08 Sep 2010, 08:56 »

There are people here who aren't running front corporations??

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #20 on: 08 Sep 2010, 09:02 »

I'm sure I have no idea what you mean.
Pages: 1 [2]