General Discussion > General Non-RP EVE Discussion

EVE Forum updates hit for wrecking damage?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Utari Onzo:
Even on the former IGS, the noise to signal ratio was out of wack. Switching forums and the incumbent reduction of activity has served to exasperate this situation.

Veiki:
IGS in a nutshell:

People tryharding to be funny with one-liners.
People stating the blatantly obvious like it's some kind of esoteric epiphany (Capsuleers kill people holy shit you don't fucking say?!)
People going for the usual low hanging fruit.

Jev North:

--- Quote from: Gesakaarin on 23 Aug 2017, 00:45 ---IGS in a nutshell:

People tryharding to be funny with one-liners. [...]

--- End quote ---
Oy, no quip-shaming.

Silas Vitalia:

--- Quote from: Graelyn on 22 Aug 2017, 23:07 ---Looks like posting on the IGS is at an all time low.

I'm sure it's something completely unrelated.

--- End quote ---

The IGS has always been a cesspool at its worst, but I'll take any over the top threadnaught from 2007 over whatever this has become.

Not to over-reach too much, but I can't help but wonder sometimes that in the days before twitter and reduced attention spans that first or second generation of eve capsuleers and forum writers were a different generation of nerds coming straight from World of Darkness and DnD  worldbuilding under a completely different writing framework? This new interface seems tuned in the opposite direction.

Alex Hinkelmann:
Discourse and Julianni's effort to make our monthly public releases are the only two things I can really appreciate on the IGS.

I was hoping the return of Jade Constantine would bring some of the old debates back.  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version