Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ushra'Khan is the oldest active alliance in New Eden.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Current events c Star Fraction, Moira., Veto. and Rote Kapelle  (Read 13371 times)

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal

was referring to moderated post ...
« Last Edit: 21 May 2011, 04:07 by Jade Constantine »

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette

was referring to moderated post ...
« Last Edit: 21 May 2011, 04:08 by Jade Constantine »

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain

Jade and Bacc and Logan seem to have just concluded that there isn't much OOC animosity between RK and SF anymore. Then you come along and sum up the conflict by saying everyone hates SF IC and OOC. Did you read their discussion? Was actually pretty interesting.

This really looks like it's about to devolve from thoughtful discussion/debate to 'he said she said.'

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain

I can say that Logan speaks for Stimulus corporation, as he is the corporation CEO, not the executor of the alliance. I won't speak on behalf of Rote Kapelle of course. But whatever their public position is, that's up for them to decide.

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain

Should I simply lay down on the ground like a snake and crawl to Jade Constantine's lap, while he posts an entire page of text on these forums? No, I believe I am morally obligated to clarify some of these issues for the general roleplaying community.

Verone will need to post here, or needs to grant me permission, for the specifics of this whole clusterfark to be revealed. I can't speak further on the details, but everything I've thus far typed in this thread is fully supported by chatlogs and combat data.

With respect, the onus is on you to clear your name in a calm and objective manner, with evidence as appropriate, if you want it to be cleared.   It is more helpful to you to take that route than using accusative language and appearing somewhat rattled by the idea that someone might be misrepresenting your standpoint on an internet forum.

I can't see you or your corporation being dragged through the dirt in this thread.  If you see something wrong, address it.  If there are problems of a personal nature going on in the background, trying to address it here will be a mistake.
« Last Edit: 20 May 2011, 13:22 by scagga »

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain

I don't have the time or the interest to correct Jade Constantine's fabrications line by line. It's enough to say that they are, indeed, fabrications or salted with some grains of truth to make them look like a historical account of the situation.

When I have time, as I just said earlier in this thread, I will provide a more comprehensive account of the situation.

Because several of these topics are of a confidential nature regarding Verone's negotiations with Jade Constantine, and the circumstances therein, I can't speak more as of this time.

I can however, caution the audience of this thread from accepting SF's version of the story.

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette

Jade and Bacc and Logan seem to have just concluded that there isn't much OOC animosity between RK and SF anymore. Then you come along and sum up the conflict by saying everyone hates SF IC and OOC. Did you read their discussion? Was actually pretty interesting. This really looks like it's about to devolve from thoughtful discussion/debate to 'he said she said.'

I don't think it needs to go wrong really Victoria. I'm certainly not interested in arguing here. I think we had a quite an interesting discussion and I'm happy for it to continue. Though Julianus is my IC enemy there is no need to wind him up further now. I'm quite content for him to have his say when he is able to speak plainly about the things that are bothering him.

Usagi Tsukino

• Wetgraver
  • Fail RPer; Doing It Wrong.
    • Usagi's Seldom Updated Twitter Account

I can say that Logan speaks for Stimulus corporation, as he is the corporation CEO, not the executor of the alliance.
Cassius goes away for one fishing trip to the Arctic Circle and there is a coup... This will likely not end well.
« Last Edit: 20 May 2011, 13:32 by Usagi Tsukino »

Stimulus :: Multispectacular
<3 Gurista raised, Caldari Navy trained, Bacchanalian alt. <3
Chaotic Dreams | An IC Blog Experiment

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist

I can say that Logan speaks for Stimulus corporation, as he is the corporation CEO, not the executor of the alliance. I won't speak on behalf of Rote Kapelle of course. But whatever their public position is, that's up for them to decide.
Usagi stole my thunder on this, but w00t, bloodless coup!  I was just waiting for the fish to pull Cass away.  We'll see if he ever returns from said "trip." MWAHAHAHA...

Okay, no really, I'm not the CEO of STIM  :evil:

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain

Aww, well I saw you posting and assumed it was you. :P

Cassius it is then XD

Bacchanalian

• Omelette

Thats actually a fairly profound summary of the split in many ways. From our perspective (old-timers mainly) we'd see that when Stim gave up the PR side you were losing half your weaponry as anarchists and simply becoming thugs rather than revolutionaries.

And to a large degree, I think that was the intention of our original RP.  If SF are the revolutionaries, we're the nasty bastards that broke off from the revolution we viewed as too delicate for our tastes, cast aside the RoE and started shooting everything we saw as wrong with the world--namely, just about everything that didn't join us.  Think of it perhaps in terms of Qutb's writings that provided Al-Qaeda with a "loophole" justifying killing other Muslims despite it being against the Koran.  That sort of thing.

Would I prefer SF to be a 400 man alliance with a supercapital fleet fleet that was capable of hot-dropping the heck out of Evoke/Ewoks and the Goon renters? Abstractly sure I would.

But would I be able to guarentee the discipline of engagement ideology and communications standards and general intellectual quality of the organization then? Its doubtful.

Nevermind making yourself a target.  400 is a small fish these days, and 400 with a supercapital fleet has a target on their back.  Take it from someone in a ~260 man alliance with supercapitals that has hotdropped Goon pets. 

Would 400 people actually "get" the idealism of the roleplay we cherish in this game and see themselves as anarchist revolutionaries seeking freespace liberation?

Almost certainly not.

Absolutely not, and this is where another facet of at least my personal take on STUGH comes into play.  As I see things, we don't care if our rank and file can recite the manifesto or at the end of the day even go home and care about it.  They fight for it in space whether they care about it or not, and are on our side.  Mercenaries to a degree, though we don't pay them in anything but blood and the loot and spoils of war.

But I do think your lack of politics has weakened you in terms of influence in Eve as a whole in turn.

And at the end of the day, I don't think we're really after influencing EVE as a whole.  Even from an IC perspective, you could say we look at it as a fairly insurmountable task, but one we're going to dedicate our time to because we wouldn't want it any other way.  We don't have any delusions of grandeur or expectations that we will ever make headline news in EVE, though once in a blue moon we might cause a few ripples in the pond.  And honestly, it's probably better that way.  If we were making headlines, we'd be a target. 

Warning - while you were typing 8 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Jesus christ people.  Wow.  What is it about SF-related threads that bring all the boys to the yard?  I haven't had that many replies while typing a post since the Gorion RP Rape thread on Chatsubo (I still read through that gem once in a while, and Gorion still gets shit for it about once a week).

Hamish Grayson

Jesus christ people.  Wow.  What is it about SF-related threads that bring all the boys to the yard? 

I'm just here for the milkshakes.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

* Goes back to concession stand for more popcorn*

This is why I'm a fan of as little OOC interaction as possible, btw.

Hey Silas, grab me some popcorn and a quafe while you're up will you?
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

[mod]Cleaned up for now. We may choose to moderate additional posts, including those already made, once we can wade through it all.[/mod]

A few reminders:
1/ Don't post on Backstage while angry. As the FAQ notes:

It's a safe bet that if you finish typing and think to yourself: "Hah! I showed HIM!" you should probably not post. Other danger signs: personal attacks on the player, including the player's style of RP (i.e. "of course you think that, you RP an Amarr"), insinuations that anyone who disagrees with you is a moron.
2/ Verbatim again from the FAQ:
DO NOT RESPOND TO FLAMES OR TROLLS. Report the post to the staff by clicking the report button at the bottom right corner of the post, close the thread and leave it alone. We ask everybody to help in keeping the culture here courteous, and that means not responding to people trying to draw others into pointless flamefests.
I'm not saying that people have responded to posts they've reported. I'm saying that people have clearly allowed themselves to get drawn into pointless flamefests. To be as clear as I can: don't do this sort of thing here. PM each other, take it to your own alliance's diplomacy boards, post it on another forum, or whatever else, but OOC flamebaiting and flaming will not be allowed, including trying to get as close to the edge as possible without going over, because, as we've previously noted, that's already too far.
« Last Edit: 20 May 2011, 14:55 by Casiella »

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

[mod]Unlocking after having moved posts into their own thread. Be mindful of the rules, or it will get locked very quickly.[/mod]
« Last Edit: 20 May 2011, 18:13 by Casiella »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6