Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

debris from starship combat near planets sometimes survives re-entry, as when a relay station on Yong III was destroyed by debris after a fierce fight in low orbit on 27.08YC105.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Planes, Trains and Repulsorlift Vehichles  (Read 4807 times)

V. Gesakaarin

Re: Planes, Trains and Repulsorlift Vehichles
« Reply #15 on: 28 Aug 2014, 22:55 »

I now have this image of the Amarrian reclaiming involving space dinosaurs pulling golden chariots crewed by soldiers shooting their lazors.

"Stomp me closer, I want to shoot them with my laz0r"?

The heathens would deserve nothing less.  :lol:

EDIT: Maybe something like this

FOR THA EMPRAH!!!
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2014, 23:03 by V. Gesakaarin »

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 28 Aug 2014, 23:03 »

AMARR VICTOR

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #17 on: 28 Aug 2014, 23:39 »

Gathering from Planetary vehicles Eve Wiki Wheeled ground vehicles are still the most common, simply because they're cheap & easy to maintain. Hoovervehicles however are also widely avaible, mainly in the core regions.
On tech used for hoover, two systems are in use, Magnetic levitation (non rail variety) and anti-grav. %aglev is most sued, as the tech is much more known & researched, indicating that anti-grav is a fairly recent tech.

Also, concerning ground vehicles, one with the nomination 'Gallente Vehicle' just means Luxury vehicle, even if it's made in the State according to the Wiki. The megacorp NOH is actually one of 3 corps famous for luxury vehicles, other two being Quafe (no surprise) and Noble Appliances, an amarr corp who only produces goods for the extreme wealthy.

On Public transport, Minmatar have a thing with rails it seems. On their homeworld, in the Brutor tribe area, trains are used, albeit mainly as tribute to their heritage (Bruto had a vast railwaynetwork before the Amarr came) More modern variant they use is a monorail, but the chronicle refers to it as Bioturbs (Chronicle: Present Pieces)

Railways are low-tech, can be automated to follow a schedule, easy to maintain and etc. It fits right into the 'if it works, don't fix/replace it' mentality.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Ibrahim Tash-Murkon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #18 on: 28 Aug 2014, 23:42 »

I am integrating the laser dinosaur ensemble into all my future RP. fyi
“If your hands aren’t bleeding, you aren’t working hard enough.”

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #19 on: 29 Aug 2014, 08:32 »

Synthia has a motor vehicle in Traditional Style, for Ceremonial Purposes.

It would look like a Rolls Royce Silver Ghost:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

For non ceremonial purposes, Synthia's transportation would be more like:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #20 on: 29 Aug 2014, 10:42 »

Synthia has a motor vehicle in Traditional Style, for Ceremonial Purposes.

It would look like a Rolls Royce Silver Ghost:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

For non ceremonial purposes, Synthia's transportation would be more like:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Elmund's personal transport comes in the form of legs and a tram ticket. He did, however, operate rovers (on barren planets and lava planets), industrial MTACs, stratospheric skiffs (on gas giants) and surface-to-orbit vessels by hand semi-frequently. Back in the day he also operated dropships, minelayers, bridge-builders and militarised MTACs.
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2014, 10:57 by Elmund Egivand »

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 29 Aug 2014, 13:49 »

I am integrating the laser dinosaur ensemble into all my future RP. fyi

+1 like. tere anre plans int he world for this.. that will equate the most hrorific in RP.

Though I will be iting the scriptures (with help) and they'll look *damned serious*. :D

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
« Reply #22 on: 03 Sep 2014, 13:55 »

Well maybe the whole thing about dinosaurs sounds silly, but consider this...

Slavery as an institution exists in Amarr. That really changes everything about Amarr society. The slavery is enforced by the Church, who deems it an essential procedure and step towards enlightenment. That means anything which is a 'labour saving device' is depriving a slave of their labour, and thus towards spiritual enlightenment.

When we are thinking of religion here, let's compare the Amarr with the Amish. In Amish communities, contrary to what many people believe, they all vote on whether a technological device should be permitted into their communities or not. Generally, the consensus is that internal combustion engines are bad, but telephones and internet are good.

Since the Theological council would likely be similar to the Amish councils, do you think that a labour saving device such as an automobile would be permitted in Amarr societies?

Let's imagine for a minute that they are. Would you like your slave to drive you to the store? Would you let your slave fix your brakes? Will you pack your slaves in the trunk of your car as you head downtown?

Having a slave society is as much work for the Masters as it is for the slaves. You have to constantly find work for that slave to do. 18-20 hours a day, you must remind that slave that your wishes are the most important thing in their minds. That means constant surveillance and constant activity. Slaves are expensive to buy and keep, so their existence must be justified.

In a Caldari society, the Caldari would invent a labour saving device and think it was clever since it saved a certain amount of job hours, and hence money. A Conservative Amarrian would be abhorred by such a machine, since by replacing the work of four slaves, it only means four slaves are now farther from the enlightening path of a few decades of forced labour.

So, I can definitely see the Theological council forbidding the use of something like a backhoe, because it would deprive hundreds of slaves with shovels of their opportunity for 'enlightenment'. I can think of no better example of bureacratic corruption than the theological council refusing to give their blessings to some machine part made by machine in a Caldari factory, and not by hand.

Look at how Amarrian society is described in the prime fiction again. 'Slow and plodding, like their ships'. A patchwork. Diverse. Deeply religious, with potentially thousands of sects. An empire spanning thousands of planets and countless number of indigenous populations. It's also a Feudal society. Empresses, Kings, Knights, Barons and so forth. It states in the Prime fiction that after the collapse of the EVE gate, Amarrian society reverted back to as far as the bronze age. That means that Amarr would have gone through a medieval period, likely with spectacular churches and so on.

The population of the major planets on ALL worlds is overpopulated. Jobs are scarce. Amarr slave owning worlds have the additional burden of making sure that NONE of their slaves are ever 'unemployed', even if it means doing road cleaning or road repair.

In a society where religion was of such central importance, I think that walking would be more important than automotive transportation. Shrines, relics, sacred groves and the like, don't seem like the sort of thing someone would want to rush by.

AS far as the Amarrians settling on an earth like, habitable planet that was still in it's dinosaur age? Why not? The EVE gate is on the other side of the Universe. The Amarr empire spans thousands of planets and hundreds of thousands of indigenous cultures. I think 'dinosaur taming' would be a good background reason why the Amarrians sought slavery as their main means to problem solving. It would certainly look futuristic, and alien and bizarre.

Currently training Verbosity to level V.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 Sep 2014, 14:22 »

The thing is.

Some Imperials are devout. Other are not. Both sorts own slaves and both sorts are represented amongst the heirs and have political influence.

Plus, CCP's own art indicates that the Amarr use modern transportation methods. That said given the size of the empire I'm sure there are riding lizards somewhere.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
« Reply #24 on: 03 Sep 2014, 14:23 »

Yes true.
Currently training Verbosity to level V.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 03 Sep 2014, 14:41 »

Mhm.  Last I checked the Pennsy Dutch had everything plated in gold ;)

Pride is an aspect of Amarrian religion.  It is anathema to the Amish.

Also, in between Holder and Slave are whole hosts of, erm.  Citizens.

« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2014, 14:47 by Arista Shahni »

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #26 on: 03 Sep 2014, 14:52 »

I tend to think the Amarrians built their first rockets and spacecraft with the sort of parts that require precision engineering and extremely high tolerances capable of only being made via scientific inquiry and industrial revolution rather than being powered by prayers, faith, and hordes of slaves on space dinosaurs.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #27 on: 03 Sep 2014, 14:56 »

We'd definitely never allow the slaves to use the dinosuars.  They are Sacred.

Ashley

• Wetgraver
« Reply #28 on: 03 Sep 2014, 18:22 »

CCP need to change picture on the Day of Darkness chronicle from current one to something like this.  :P
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #29 on: 03 Sep 2014, 19:29 »

CCP need to change picture on the Day of Darkness chronicle from current one to something like this.  :P
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Errr, that's from the Minmatar Rebellion when the Matari stole the dinosaurs and fit them with projectile weapons to fight the Amarr.
Pages: 1 [2] 3