Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sarum family is known for being the most belligerent royal family?

Author Topic: Reports  (Read 1772 times)

Lyn Farel

Reports
« on: 19 Apr 2013, 06:38 »

Is there a way to expand drastically in size, in max characters and/or in scale the reason field for reports ? Because currently you cant even finish a single sentence before it gets truncated, and secondly, you can barely see 3 or 4 words because the field itself is tiny.

It's not very user friendly for these reasons and it certainly does not help people to explain a little more why they find something worth reporting.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: Reports
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2013, 06:44 »

Can be done, but I won't be able to for quite some time.  Good idea, though.  If it isn't done beforehand, remind me when I announce I've got my pc back.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2013, 06:49 »

I will point something I've noticed, using different themes changes the size of the text input boxes and the visual field that you can read from. For example, Black Rain's read and write boxes are significantly smaller than the default themes, that might be contributing to some of the problems Lyn mentioned.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2013, 07:05 »

I seemed to recall fixing that before... maybe it's as simple as comparing the forum template code and pasting the good mod from one over the bad mod of the others.

I may not have realized the changes needed to be made in all templates separately. my bad

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2013, 07:06 »

We can poke Misan to handle it, he usually deals with this stuff.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2013, 07:19 »

I seemed to recall fixing that before... maybe it's as simple as comparing the forum template code and pasting the good mod from one over the bad mod of the others.

I may not have realized the changes needed to be made in all templates separately. my bad

Oh, it's not a problem at all! I know full well how much work goes into making websites (especially BB enabled forums and the like) function correctly. Just figured I'd let you know. :)
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2013, 07:59 »

I am running under the default theme - curve. The white/blueish one.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2013, 08:07 »

It's pretty small on Back n Black, too.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #8 on: 19 Apr 2013, 12:27 »

Write smaller letters Lyn! Geez!  :D

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #9 on: 21 Apr 2013, 06:36 »

It's on my radar now, though I suspect it requires some fiddling with PHP to do. We'll see if I'm inspired to poke around the forum innards when I have a good internet connection again.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #10 on: 21 Apr 2013, 07:01 »

I'll race ya.

Gonna be months for me, though.  The php work was p light iirc, the bitch was finding it.  Just glad Silver & Co. found someone to handle this stuff while I'm gone.

I want my damned Red Name back when I'm at 100% again, though :evil:

Twitter

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #11 on: 21 Apr 2013, 07:30 »

Yeah, that's annoyingly almost always the case with hacking php stuff. It took me several hours to find the right files when I was doing some customizations to an older version of my website.  :|
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.