Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Slaver-hounds aren't a type of dog? For more information see here.

Author Topic: Some Tubechild Program Stastics  (Read 1019 times)

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
Some Tubechild Program Stastics
« on: 19 Jan 2013, 17:27 »

I'm putting together a detailed backstory for Pieter's Sibkin. As I started, I got to thinking about how many Sibkin might be in a single batch (I guess that depends on how specific the end use of the batch might be?) and what kind of failure rate they might suffer at the various stages.

So.... I went ahead and wrote up a summary report on Pieter's Series Batch. Could anyone interested/knowledgable on the subject of the Tubechild program, genetics or childrearing in general let me know what you think of the statistics and methodology?

At this stage I'm very unwedded to the content, so feedback will absolutely be assiduously paid attention to!
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Batch SV-02E-AA014596-93: Grad Status
Technical Identifier:
For non-technical administrative personnel, I have broken down the Batch Number.
SV: Sukuuvestaa Corporation
02E: Abagawa Peace and Order Birthing Facility
AA:  Indicates that in addition to standard disease and allergen reconditioning there were post-batch selections made for physical strength, bone and muscle density and reflexes.
01459: The identifier of the specific genetic legacy series.
6: The sixth batching in the series.
93: The year of batching.

Synopsis:
Batch SV-02E-AA014596-93 has been run successfully to graduation with a five year monitoring period coming to an end last month. At this final milestone the company is evaluating the performance of this sixth series of the 01459 bloodline in order to close down the project and shut the books on it.

Summary
Although not an unqualified success, the 01459 series has always proven to produce a usable quantity of acceptable material and has come in at least near to budget. As chief-scientist I am happy with our decision to run the combination onto a sixth series with a shift in focus from military applications to a security focus, since I believe that this has addressed several weaknesses that the 01459 series has shown in the field.  Despite a few disappointments the success of producing two Capsuleer Grade personnel is a particular coup and means that we will be paying out a performance bonus.

Sadly the phasing out of the company's Tubechild program means that our success is unlikely to be replicated in further projects. I would like to take this opportunity to, once more, recommend the proven successes of the Tubechild program over the random vagaries of natural selection.

Batch Statistics
As you probably know the Batching process works on the principle that much sand must be sorted through to find the valuable ore we're looking for. For that reason we always batch and decant more tubechildren that we think we will need. This allows us to test and select aggressively in the early stages -  thus improving our final yield and quality.

Stage - Batching
In this stage the genetic materials are combined and viable embryos are removed and implanted into the tubes. The optimal number of viable embryos that pass basic genetic selection is 500 and series 01459 Batch 6 yielded a slightly super-optimal crop of 658 viable embryos. We were able to select out the 158 weakest and dispose of them whilst still meeting our goal of 500 tubed embryos.

Stage - Decanting
Decanting is the final stage at which we can destructively weed out candidates, after decanting the State must pay to raise our mistakes, so this is usually where we perform the largest cut. In the case of 01459-6 there were 113 successful candidates after genetically abnormal or sub-optimal term fetuses were weeded out and destroyed. This allowed us, again, to aggressively cull our yield, improving the future prospects of our project. Only at this point are the decanted candidates assigned batch numbers - from 1 to 100.

Stage - YC098 (Basic Life Skills)
The next developmental milestone is at the age of five years, by which time candidate citizens are expected to have mastered a variety of the most life-skills including walking, talking, eating, self-maintenance, basic scholastic skills and basic corporate orientation. Physical and Mental development are also closely monitored at this stage. Our optimal yield at this stage is 50 candidates and our actual yield was somewhat disappointing at 43. Several candidates had to be weeded out for insufficient scholastic achievement  but the majority of wash-outs were due to the development of occulted genetic conditions and sub-par Physical Development. In addition we had 2 accidental deaths, for which creche personnel were properly demerited.

Accidental Death:02
Psy. Unsuitability:07
Scholastic Failure:15
Physical Unsuitability:17

All surviving washouts were transferred to the State Creche system upon leaving the program.

Stage - YC103 (Juvenile Vocational Testing)
The next development milestone is at the age of ten years. Series 01459-6 was specifically batched for utilisation in Orbital Security and, therefore, at this time we perform extensive vocational testing to test for the vagaries of individual development variance.

Five more washouts occurred as a result of the Vocational testing. An optimal yield at this stage is 40 active candidates and 01459-6 was stabilising out at 38. A point to make in favour of the batch is that four of the five washouts went to other vocational paths, where they would be productive citizens. Since hand to hand combat training began in YC099 the sole training casualty was a positive result.

Training Death:01
Vocational Unsuitability: 04

All surviving washouts were transferred to the State Creche system upon leaving the program. All remaining candidates were transferred out of the Sibcreche to a Sibarracks and attended the State Creche system for continued education. Vocational training was provided by Peace and Order.

Stage - YC108 (Adolescent Vocational Testing)
The next development milestone really marks the end of the main phase of the project. Successful candidates at this level are referred to as Graduates and we perform extensive vocational testing before transferring them to their first on the job cadet post.
The batch made up all lost ground in this last phase. Our yield quota at this stage is 30 graduates and we achieved an actual yield of 35 graduates. The final five years of training only cost us three candidates, two to training accidents and one to a late-stage discovery of vocational unsuitability (once again, the result was a productive transfer to another career path).

Training Death:02
Vocational Unsuitability:01

The surviving washout was transferred to an alternate career path. The Sibarracks and Lab was shut down and graduating candidates were transferred to the Peace and Order Cadet Academy.

Stage - YC114 (Final Monitoring)
The final development milestone is more a matter of academic monitoring than any real project phase. The company likes to assess how the graduating candidates actually fitted into the  company culture and their intended work assignment and this check keeps such projects honest.
The final total for the project was 31 remaining graduates set against a quota of 30. Although a final yield only one graduate in excess of  the quota seems marginal at best, this was caused by two deaths in service and two departures to the State War Academy for Capsuleer training. Management has therefore given batch 01459-6 a final status of "Exceeds Expectations."
21 years is a long time to wait for a performance appraisal but this is the nature of Tubechild projects. I hope the bonus compensates you for the uncertainty.
Service Death: 02
Vocational Unsuitability:02

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Some Tubechild Program Stastics
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2013, 18:01 »

Amazerings! I love it!

I love how cruelly medical it is. It perfectly fits the Caldari. Quality assurance for human assets.

Perfect.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2013, 02:57 »

Dude.

Solid material here.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jan 2013, 03:47 »

I haven't involved him in RP much, but my first character is  SuVee deteis and a tube child. Very willing to bro up for great profits...

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jan 2013, 04:03 »

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I'm going to have to submit more stuff at this rate! ;)

Karmilla - I totes stole the Deteis monopoly on tubekids and made my Civire a tubekid anyway. We can (and should!) still bro up as Suvee tubekids from different batches though!

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 20 Jan 2013, 05:07 »

It's only Practical