Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the DED and the Sisters of EVE cooperate on audits of megacorps? (The Burning Life p 35)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Possible Leave of Absence  (Read 1948 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: Possible Leave of Absence
« Reply #15 on: 25 Jul 2013, 16:40 »

I'm definitely familiar with the worst case scenario emotional panic. Its often best to just step back, breath, and get a hug from someone. Things are very rarely as bad as they seem.
Get the Ebon Rose into the Celestial Imperative alliance. That is what I wanted to encourage if I remained to join. Playing with others, even if you're in a (currently) one-man corp, will improve your enjoyment IMO.
Yeah, being in a one man corp is sort of really limiting, and will seriously cut down on what you can do in the game. I'd definitely encourage you to wander around, see what there is of the game to do, before trying to start a corp, which is a lot of work. Go do Facwar, explore, go join a null blob, try trading, and industry. Don't let yourself get stuck in a rut.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #16 on: 26 Jul 2013, 09:17 »

Thanks for the suggestions and support. I've been thinking about finding an alliance and at a glance, the Celestial Imperative looks interesting. Oddly enough, I received an EVEmail from someone belonging to the Unsung Voices alliance. It sounds interesting, just need to find more info and all that.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #17 on: 26 Jul 2013, 13:35 »

I've recently joined Syne (one of the Celestial Imperative corps), and I've really been enjoying it so far. It's a little sparse on members at the moment, but there's a lot of possibilities for growth and the future. I suspect that if you both like the challenge of building something and like having other folks to do it with, you'll like it.

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #18 on: 26 Jul 2013, 14:03 »

Sounds like something I'd be interested in. Any specific person I should contact about learning more about Celestial Imperative?
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #19 on: 26 Jul 2013, 14:24 »

Check out the channel SynePublic.

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #20 on: 26 Jul 2013, 14:59 »

Check out the channel SynePublic.
Danke.  I'll either do that later tonight or over the weekend if I don't get completely distracted by the tournament.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #21 on: 05 Aug 2013, 07:55 »

Bleh. Can't believe I missed this and left baiting the recruitment hook all up to Shin and Seri.

Steff, if you're interested and still looking, we're recruiting. Even if you're not wanting to join either the corp or bring the Ebon Rose into the alliance, we're always happy to fly with those we have set to blue standings. When online, I try to keep a standing fleet open to corp/alliance and blues, although the in-game fleet finder is a clunky piece of work and sometimes makes that difficult.

SynePublic's a good contact point, as is just sending some evemail - either IC or OOC - to myself or Ninavask.
Pages: 1 [2]