Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Suuolo" is Caldari for friend? For more, read here

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Possible Leave of Absence  (Read 1947 times)

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
Possible Leave of Absence
« on: 24 Jul 2013, 14:51 »

I may be taking a leave of absence from EVE starting in the next couple of days.  There are some RL things that may be coming up that will demand more of my attention and I think I need to take stock of the character, the goals, and the stuff that has happened regarding her development and other things.

I've put a lot of myself into some projects surrounding the character that I thought would be cool, but I can't seem to get it up and running, which is causing me some mild frustration and am in the process of deciding whether or not to keep it or just shut down the project and terminate the site.

I also need to take stock of some of the choices I've made in some of the social interactions I've had; part of the problem is I get bored and lonely and then don't think and I need to fix that before I cause any more drama than I already have.

I'm not going to do anything rash like biomassing the character (though to be honest, it is very tempting).

I'll still be around, just may not be in the game as much. You can send me an in-game mail, e-mail me, or pm me on the forum if you want.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
Re: Possible Leave of Absence
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2013, 15:07 »

I'm not going to do anything rash like biomassing the character (though to be honest, it is very tempting).

Good decision, people often regret that.

Hope all goes well and you're able to return and enjoy the game again. Or not return and enjoy life more. Winning EVE and all that.

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2013, 15:14 »

Thanks.

It mostly rests upon the RL complication that is kind of looming at the moment.  The other things I've started to work on and it might just be the stress right now that is making me feel this way.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2013, 15:26 »

Taking breaks are always good things. Set a long skill and just leave everything sit. Steff and company will be ready and waiting if and when you're ready to return.

Hope all the RL stuff works out well.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2013, 15:46 »

You know how to reach me if you want to chat or stuff. :)

We'll be here waiting for you when you get back.  :cube:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jul 2013, 15:51 »

Me and Erys will miss you. :(

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #6 on: 24 Jul 2013, 16:18 »

My hope is that it won't be more than a few days...I'm just really stressed at the moment over a worst case scenario...something that I know I shouldn't be, but it's me and I tend to jump to the bleakest outcome first  :bash:

If I do have to step away from EVE, I'll still be around via mail, steam, and the forum.  I am hoping I won't have to, cause I'll miss all you guys (some more than others, but you're all awesome people)   :cube:

For all I know, it might be all the meds I'm currently taking and I tend to get melancholy on my birthday (always have, don't know why) so I'm probably just overreacting?  We shall see what the next day or two brings and I'll be in contact with you all.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2013, 17:16 »

Hope to see you back soon, then. :D

If not, GLHF  :cube:

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
  • Enlightening a Slave near you
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jul 2013, 17:29 »

Good luck on your break from Eve.

"White as the falling snow. Black as our Citadels burned against the sky."

"Faith gained through knowledge and knowledge gained through Faith. In service to God, do we find the answers"

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #9 on: 24 Jul 2013, 18:15 »

Urgh, I feel bad for leaving and not being able to help out for Ebon Rose! I was hoping a sort of neo-classical Gallente RP corp would take off. Honestly, I'm tempted to help out even if I'm not playing.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 24 Jul 2013, 20:02 »

You can always come talk to me. IC or OOC.  k?

I'm bsad at checking RL email... evemail me if you need anything.

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #11 on: 25 Jul 2013, 10:22 »

Thank you for the support and well wishes.

The real-life issue that was stressing me out has lessened a bit to the point that I'm optimistic and not dreading the worst.

There are some things that I still need to think upon; I do want to push forward with the Ebon Rose concept, I guess I'm at that point where there isn't much more I can do and am trigger-shy.  That is something that I have to sit back and reflect upon, but hopefully won't require stepping away from the game.

Given how I'm feeling now, I'm thinking most of this was a result of stress and adjusting to three new medications along with the current meds I'm on plus stress of real-life. Going to see how the next couple of days progress.  Personally, I don't like the idea of stepping away...not so much for the game itself (it's a beautiful game and I do enjoy spaceships and explosions), but more for the RP and just interacting with you all.  I realize RL is important and comes before games...I tend to lean towards extremes when under stress or when I don't have all the facts before me.  Still, wanted to let you all know what was going on and not just vanish without warning.

I'll keep you all posted on what's going on. Ideally, everything will continue as is and this was just a moment of drug-induced panic  :oops:

Thanks for the voices of support and such and should any of you need someone to talk/chat/vent to/at, I'm around.  :cube:  :cube:  :cube:

Anslol

« Reply #12 on: 25 Jul 2013, 11:35 »

Eve or RP, it's still in a game. RL should always take priority over entertainment.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #13 on: 25 Jul 2013, 14:15 »

Eve or RP, it's still in a game. RL should always take priority over entertainment.

Weirdly enough I read that at first "RP should always take priority over entertainment" and went all wutm8 ?

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #14 on: 25 Jul 2013, 15:57 »

Get the Ebon Rose into the Celestial Imperative alliance. That is what I wanted to encourage if I remained to join. Playing with others, even if you're in a (currently) one-man corp, will improve your enjoyment IMO.
Pages: [1] 2