Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Fiery Kernite once led to an epic bar brawl in the Syndicate, leading it to be called "Rage Stone"?

Author Topic: Hey Folks  (Read 1057 times)

Tienne

• Clonejack
Hey Folks
« on: 31 Mar 2013, 19:57 »

Toon's name is Tienne Raines, long time Eve'r with plenty of breaks in play, but it always drags me back in.

Anyway since my latest return to Eve I have lingered alone as most of my old contacts have dropped out of existence, I'm looking for a way back into Rp, where's the best place for my deep space trader captain to start out again?

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
Re: Hey Folks
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2013, 20:01 »

Welcome aboard!

As for a place to start, I'd say look for a corp you like. That's usually the best place to start IMO. If not, "The Summit" channel can work too.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2013, 20:02 »

Well, if you're interested in getting into RP and finding out where you want your character to stand as far as politics, national affiliation, etc, etc. (Up to and including transhumanism, loyalists, Nation supporters, cultist, antiestablishment...). I recommend the following links:

http://wiki.eveonline.com
http://www.eveonline.com/universe/the-world-of-eve/
http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels

And, of course, asking questions to this group here will get you answers and a variety of opinions!

Welcome to Backstage!
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Tienne

• Clonejack
« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2013, 20:07 »

Thanks, I know enough about the game and factions to know where my capsuleer stands and who she is from previous RP. I really just have to find the community, so this should be a good start.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #4 on: 01 Apr 2013, 02:37 »

Oh, another Raines with a different spelling :3

* Lyn Farel glances at Sylux

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #5 on: 01 Apr 2013, 04:39 »

Thanks, I know enough about the game and factions to know where my capsuleer stands and who she is from previous RP. I really just have to find the community, so this should be a good start.

Fair enough.

The in-game channel "The Summit" is an open venue for RP from every corner of New Eden. You can also try "The Sphere" if you're interested in a zero moderation environment. Joining the channel "OOC" is a good way to get in touch with other roleplayers out-of-character to discuss other channels, ask questions, etc.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #6 on: 01 Apr 2013, 10:55 »

Welcome to Backstage.
-OOChé

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #7 on: 01 Apr 2013, 15:59 »

:D
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #8 on: 02 Apr 2013, 01:43 »

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 Apr 2013, 03:43 »

Vincent, just how many of those "Fear & Loathing in New Eden" pictures do you have anyway?
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #10 on: 02 Apr 2013, 07:08 »

Vincent, just how many of those "Fear & Loathing in New Eden" pictures do you have anyway?

As many as it takes.

Alternatively, considering Vince can draw (and pretty well, I might add)... an infinite supply. :D
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #11 on: 03 Apr 2013, 00:01 »

*pic of my hate*

They are endless, like my hate for all things human  :cube: