Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That it is illegal to import walnuts on to the planet Amarr Prime?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [Character] Steffanie Saissore  (Read 3437 times)

Anslol

Re: [Character] Steffanie Saissore
« Reply #30 on: 03 Jul 2013, 06:54 »

Confirming Steff for bad ass fighter also. Got dayum she scurry O_o

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #31 on: 03 Jul 2013, 07:06 »

I understand Steff finds the Esna creepy.

This amuses me.
Morwen finds him a little creepy/odd/weird too, and he's a friend. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #32 on: 03 Jul 2013, 08:25 »

I understand Steff finds the Esna creepy.

This amuses me.

I think it's just how Esna comes across...he seems to have good intentions and is likely a great guy, but just something about how he speaks and the implied body language gives off a strange vibe for her.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #33 on: 30 Jul 2013, 08:58 »

I seem to have come to a standstill with developing Steff at the moment. There are things still going on and I'm still having fun, but I've come to that point where I don't quite know where to take Steff's 'story'. It's not a lack of RP instances, those are there and I still have some stuff to do for the Order and there's a couple of places that can go (have had a couple of people ask about it as well as a couple of potential offers to join alliances). Just trying to figure out how to grow the character and seem to be stalled at the moment.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Anslol

« Reply #34 on: 30 Jul 2013, 09:27 »

When RP fails to grow the character, turn to game play and OOC goals/intentions.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #35 on: 30 Jul 2013, 10:02 »

Alternately, let go a little and see where the character goes.

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #36 on: 30 Jul 2013, 10:26 »

There is doing that, letting go and see where things go.

Game play has been mission/mission/mission followed by more missions. Mostly in Fed, though occasional trips to Caldari, Khanid, Amarr, and currently CONCORD (Interbus).

'Short'-term goal: use Megathron. Long-term goal(s)...not quite sure at the moment really. I think at a certain point I'll be stepping away from the heavy combat skills and focus on some other skills for exploring and grabbing relics and stuff. Just not sure what I want to do in terms of a ship for doing exploration.

Guess trying to maintain a semblance of honor and chivalry also could fall under long term goals/intentions.

There have been a few times where I've almost laid a challenge out on IGS to Kim...but that said, the player part of me knows that I'll just get wiped out in fairly short order going up against a combat pilot with around 5 years to my 3 months worth of skill training. And that, I think is the only real issue I have with the EVE system...I don't mind training times as it slows progression and makes you learn the game, unlike say WoW where now you can go from 1 to 90 in just over a week (or under if you have XP enhances and dedicate all your time to just leveling and nothing else). The problem though, and I could be wrong, is that in EVE, due to the skill training, I'll burn through ships and clones and money. And a ship fight isn't something I'd want to just RP out given that there's actual mechanics for it.

Think I'll just try to see what way the winds blow and see where things go while I try to plot out something.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #37 on: 30 Jul 2013, 12:52 »

Steff. If you want the character to get an introduction to Republic biased Minmatar play; you could do worse than pay a working trip to the Republic & get in contact with an EM diplomat to negotiate standings.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #38 on: 30 Jul 2013, 13:31 »

Interesting offer, and one I might explore. Have only been in Min space a little so might swing back that way.  I seem to try flying in all four nations' space.

Anslol

« Reply #39 on: 30 Jul 2013, 13:52 »

Why not do minor bounty hunting? Fit a frigate and pew up flashy yellows who dare break the law \o/

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #40 on: 30 Jul 2013, 14:59 »

That had been a thought when I first started, but have no idea what would need be done or how to go about the whole bounty huntering thing

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #41 on: 30 Jul 2013, 17:12 »

That had been a thought when I first started, but have no idea what would need be done or how to go about the whole bounty huntering thing

Morlag's done that a couple of times when bored, I understand, ask him for tips.

Also, although more skills undoubtedly help when it comes to flying combat, there is essentially a diminishing returns system in place.  Someone a couple of years older than you will have better numbers - but for tech 1 ships, quite often the gap between you and them will be smaller than the gap between you and someone a couple of weeks old.  There's also a much greater raw skill component to it than in most MMORPGs, where in most cases it comes down to learning your rotations and staying alert.  Someone with guts and a good feel for it can slaughter people much older.

Anslol

« Reply #42 on: 31 Jul 2013, 14:02 »

If you want, we can roam together with come friends of mine to get you in the swing of things. There's lots of flashies where we roam. I even collected a few bounties last night. Eve mail me if you wanna do it!
Pages: 1 2 [3]