Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That, even on non-capsuleer vessels, ship command sections are designed to be sheared off and function as an escape capsule? (The Burning Life p. 85)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [Character] Steffanie Saissore  (Read 3436 times)

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
[Character] Steffanie Saissore
« on: 03 Jun 2013, 01:15 »

++Request received++
Requester: redacted
Subject: Captain Steffanie Saissore

General Information

Height: 1.73 m (5'8")
Weight: 63.5 kg (140 lb)
Race: Gallentean
Hair Color: Platinum blond
Eye Color: Blue-grey
# of Siblings: 0
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Marital Status: Single
# of Offspring: 0
Current Occupation: Freelance Captain

Parents
Father: Guy Saissore
Status: Presumed deceased; lost with the destruction of the Long Haul; mining-class freighter
Mother: Chantelle Saissore (maiden name: Delacroix)
Occupation: Senior Laboratory Technician (specialization: Genetics and Bio-Chemistry)
Status: Alive; on Administrative Leave pending outcome of a special inquest

Education Overview
  • Enrolled into the honors program due to perceived high intelligence potential.
  • Excelled beyond expectations and advanced ahead of schedule
  • Placed into first year university level training at the age of 15
  • Received Bachelor of Science (Biology/Chemistry) at age 18
  • Entered Masters program and enrolled into the Business program
  • On request, Business program suspended and enrollment in massage therapy begins
  • Masters program not progressing as expected; student appears to be suffering from a malaise
  • Student has requested testing for the Capsuleer Program.  Testing to commence on 20th birthday
  • Test results indicate the student is a prime candidate for the program.  Studies have been preempted and she has been moved.  Surgery to commence within the week.
Capsuleer Program

Subject has responded well to the implants and other modifications (NOTE: there was some concern due to what appeared to have been existing genetic modifications.  As there is no history of surgery or request for modification by the subject or subject's family, a discrete investigation has been ordered.)

All evidence of the malaise the subject seemed to be under prior to enrollment has disappeared and subject has shown great enthusiasm.  From the vast array of profiling tests and observed behavior, the subject's training shall lean towards that of combat pilot.  All other skill training will be secondary.

There have been a few setbacks in the subject's progress; nothing critical, but it appears that the stress is causing some physiological and psychological effects.  Training has been scaled back and the subject is responding well to the therapy.

The subject has completed the program with high scores and shows no signs of any psychological damage.  All implants are fully functional within parameters and no negative side effects are apparent.  Subject has graduated and been given full privileges and rights as a capsuleer.  Further training will continue as they progress from simulation and limited flight time to full immersion with the a ship.

++End of Report++
Pending Requests:
Psychological Profile
Medical Profile
Results of Internal Review of Dr. Saissore

Upon clearance, reports will be delivered to redacted

Thank you and have a pleasant day.
Head of Archives, CAS

As per request, the psychological profile of one S. Saissore
(if one were interested in researching this, Hacking lvl 3 ought to be sufficient to get this)

The subject, for the most part, is psychologically sound to proceed with the capsuleer program.  However, it is the panel's recommendation that she be monitored carefully through the course of the project.  These are the findings of the panel prior to the subject's commencement of the program:

Though intelligent with superior problem solving abilities and logical analysis, the subject shows a distinct lack of awareness of events outside the Station.  Further investigation has brought to light the fact that the subject's mother appears to have taken a very strong hand in limiting the subject's exposure to outside information.  The extent of this interference may account for other observed behaviors as noted below.

The lack of external stimuli has had an impact on the subject's social development.  They suffer from a low self-image, which manifests in difficulties interacting with peers beyond the superficial level of being polite.  Attempts to move beyond polite interaction causes the subject to stammer, the inability to express thoughts or ideas in a clear and concise manner, and to ultimately withdraw into themselves.  This type of behavior is of some concern with regards to starship operations and efforts should be made to accelerate the subject's social growth.

It should also be noted that the subject appears to grow more uncomfortable as the size of the social group increases.

Aside from low self-esteem, the subject suffers from depression and should be monitored closely.  There are no indications of suicidal tendencies, but with the addition of the implants and neural interface, this could lead to possible complications.  The root cause of the subject's depression has not been determined at this time and we recommend counselling sessions during the first year of the program.

++ Analysis: Year One ++
The subject has completed the first year of the program successfully and has recovered completely from the various surgeries.

The subject still suffers from a lack of confidence and self-esteem, though to a lesser extent and preliminary simulation results show that concern with her ability to operate a ship is not impacted by these issues.  It is still the panel's recommendation that therapy continue.

The depression does not appear to have been affected by the surgeries.  Examination of the transcripts from the sessions with the therapists, it is apparent that the subject's mother is central , if not the sole contributing factor, to both the depression and social anxiety.  Attempts to engage the subject directly on the matter of their mother have been turned aside and have triggered periods of deep depression.  It is the panel's recommendation that direct inquires on this matter be halted for the time being.  It is also the panel's recommendation that a more thorough background check of the subject's mother be carried out.

++ Analysis: Year Two ++
No significant change has been observed in the subject.

++ Analysis: Year Three ++
There has been an unfortunate setback that will either prolong the length of the program or result in the need to terminate the subject.  At the start of the third year, the subject was transferred from simulation to actual ship interface and basic exercises began.  The therapy sessions after these training flights began to show promising breakthroughs in terms of having her face and deal with some of her internal issues.  Then came the attack.

A month into the flight training, her flight came under attack by pirate vessels belonging to Serpentis.  She reacted without hesitation and by all accounts performed beyond expectations.  However, during the debriefing back on station, the subject appeared to suffer a breakdown that left her in a catatonic state.  This state lasted nearly two months' time, though there were three occasions where the subject awoke and preceded to enter a psychotic rage requiring heavy medication and restraints to prevent harm to herself or the staff.  While incoherent during these episodes, it was noted by observers that the word 'mother' was heard distinctly in all three outbursts.

The catatonic state ended four days after the last psychotic episode though it seemed that the subject's mental faculties had regressed and social interactions, even light, quickly left her fatigued.  The rest of the year shifted to repairing the psyche while discussions about continuing the program or terminating the patient waged on between the panel and the program directors of the CAS.  The CAS, supported by the Federate Navy, determined the program proceed despite recommendations to the contrary by the panel.

Therapy continued for the rest of the year under the oversight of the Navy.

All records regarding subject's 4th to 6th year have been labeled classified by the Federate Navy and have been redacted

++ Analysis: Year Seven ++
The subject still suffers from bouts of depression.  Attempts to treat this through medication has had mixed results.  As the subject appears capable of handling these periods of depression without the assistance of medication attempts to medicate the issue has been put on hold.  It should also be noted that the subject's recent passion for researching Gallente's past seems to have a positive effect on treating the depression.

The subject shows little to no symptoms of stress related disorders from doing combat missions.  There is no sign of bloodthirst nor actual desire by the subject to seek out and engage in combat.

Though there is some concern to her ability to integrate with society as a whole (and this does not account for the three other nations) as well as concern regarding the depression, the panel finds the subject fit for full duty.
« Last Edit: 14 Jul 2013, 20:58 by Steffanie Saissore »
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: [Character] Steffanie Saissore
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jun 2013, 08:05 »

The above post is proof that extended server downtimes can be a good thing. :3

Have had lots of fun RPing with you at Silver's party and other places. \o/
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jun 2013, 08:15 »

Thank you, and I have had fun RPing with you as well  :)
Now, just need to write up the other reports and get those posted
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #3 on: 03 Jun 2013, 18:35 »

Nice starting platform, was just going to pick out a particular detail mind, re: sexual orientation. Assuming this was written by, say, a GalFed authority, think that'd really be recorded? When I wrote Seri's service record, for example, I didn't write in specific ethnicity (other than 'mixed ethnicity'), because I figured it's not really something Federation redtape needs to bother itself with.  :)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #4 on: 03 Jun 2013, 18:37 »

It's the kind of demographic data I could see a government collecting, actually.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #5 on: 03 Jun 2013, 18:57 »

Eh, really? I don't picture why the Feds would have any use of it for their ultra-liberal, mega-diverse empire...

(not to derail Steffanie's topic though)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #6 on: 03 Jun 2013, 19:16 »

Eh, really? I don't picture why the Feds would have any use of it for their ultra-liberal, mega-diverse empire...

(not to derail Steffanie's topic though)

So they can then sell that information to Fedmart, obviously. Anyway, since this is clearly a somewhat detailed file (since it dips a bit into things like health and psychology) it makes sense they might also record orientation.

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #7 on: 04 Jun 2013, 14:21 »

Thank you all for the feedback, it is appreciated.

I love to write and I like fleshing out characters and the more I like a character, the more I find myself creating material and I am finding that I am really enjoying Steffanie.

Despite the fact that I enjoy writing, I do get very nervous when I put stuff out for other people to read...mostly the fear of I'm 'doing it wrong' or other things like that (further proof that we are our own worst critics).

Whether it has been IC in the Summit (or other channels) or just here, you guys are an awesome bunch of people.  :cube:

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #8 on: 10 Jun 2013, 08:28 »

I hope to have, in the next few days, a few more details regarding Steff's personality as well as the whole knighthood thing hammered out.

Anslol

« Reply #9 on: 10 Jun 2013, 10:06 »

FYI my face will be glued to this page while F5'ing until moar updates are had.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #10 on: 10 Jun 2013, 12:55 »

I hope to have, in the next few days, a few more details regarding Steff's personality as well as the whole knighthood thing hammered out.
Please do.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #11 on: 10 Jun 2013, 13:51 »

++Incoming Transmission++
++Recipient: Corporate Registration & Archives; Gallente Federation++
Public Archive....
Document: Page 1 of Founding Charter for "Order of the Ebon Rose"

Title: The Vow of the Rose Knight

This is the vow that I, Steffanie Saissore, have taken.  This is my vow and mine alone.

I, Steffanie Saissore, hereby do swear, with my own blood, to hold true to the following principles:

To show respect to friend and foe alike.

To treat a foe with honor.

To come to the aid and protection of the weak and the innocent.

Abide by the lawful decrees of each nation while in their territory.

In peace, I will strive to maintain peace, but I will not let my sword's blade grow dull.  I will remain vigilant.

In war, I will not hesitate to strike down my enemy with all my might.  I will show mercy and I will not humiliate a beaten opponent.

I will not take arms up against civilians.  They should be spared the horror of war.

I will provide sanctuary to those who require it.

I will lay down my life for my friends, the innocent, and those I have sworn to protect.

I will publicly announce any grievance I have.  Those who would be my enemy will know the reason as well as the identity of their nemesis.

I will not slander or engage in a war of public opinion with my enemy; I will debate and I will be willing to communicate and I will be willing to concede if I am wrong.

When engaged with an enemy, it is with the individual.  I will not go after kith or kin nor will I engage in acts of sabotage against their infrastructure.  A knight ought to engage their opponent on the field of battle openly and without deceit.

May the Gods, the stars, and my ancestors be witness to this and bring righteous wrath upon me should I dishonor this vow.

Nam honorem, gloriam, amorem!
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2013, 22:18 by Steffanie Saissore »

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #12 on: 13 Jun 2013, 11:48 »

I have added a very loose psyche assessment to the original post.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #13 on: 16 Jun 2013, 19:35 »

A couple thought based on listening to you in the OOC:

1) Everything takes time:

EVE is a marathon, not a sprint. No matter how lost, unsure, or off you feel, if you just give it time and keep at it, things will get better 90% of the time.

Ayallah, Peiter, and Samira are all 'newbies' to the RP scene and have all carved spots for themselves. Though my account is a year old, I only have about 7 months of actual playing but think Makkal has done well.

Remember that there are characters who've been around for 10 years. When you look at a bunch of characters interacting, you're probably seeing years of real time experience playing itself out.

You're a newbie. That you feel left out or unsure is not a bad thing; it's  expected. But it won't last forever!

2) The RP scene is not anti-Gallente/Fed:

Steff went to a PIE ball instead of the Federation Day events. The people surrounding Steff are Amarr faction or Amarr faction allies. PIE will let in Diana 'kill all Gallente!' Kim but not Lyn 'slightly heretical beliefs.'

Meanwhile, Minnie and Feddie PCs are watching you skip an important national holiday to hang out with slavers.

Don't let the 'lol, I'm TLF, can I go to your ball?' jokes fool you. Many Fed/Min RPers wouldn't touch that ball or would go there in the hopes of killing people/blowing the place up.

The anti-Gallente sentiment you're perceiving is a consequence of the people Steff is hanging out with. My suggestion is hitting up a pro-Fed PC and attempting to make friends with them. Maybe Shin could help?

3) What are Steff's Ideals Anyway?

As a player, I was surprised that someone stealing a 700,000,000 hull amused your character, as that seemed to against the entire 'knightly order' thing Steff have going.

You are presumably aware that Makkal has slaves, but Steff seems happy to pursue a romantic relationship with her.

Someone swore by the Red God, but Steff didn't react to that, though blooders tend to be a big deal in the setting. (Though perhaps that's just my perspective because Makkal is my only character.)

As you're new, I suspect that you're just trying to make friends (which is a common Gallente attitude) and not make waves. You'll actually get a lot of leeway on this as most players understand you're still finding your way.

But it's something to keep in mind.
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2013, 19:45 by Makkal »
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #14 on: 17 Jun 2013, 00:16 »

Thank you...this actually helps.
Pages: [1] 2 3