Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Mindflood, a sedative booster, is taken by pouring liquid from a vial onto a cloth, placing it over one's mouth, and inhaling the fumes? (The Burning Life p 38)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Character] Koronakesh  (Read 3061 times)

Korona

• Friendly Neighborhood Cultist
  • Clonejack
[Character] Koronakesh
« on: 16 May 2013, 23:47 »

The Amir al-Mu'minin Koronakesh is, above all else, a pious man.

He believes, truly, in the existence of Heaven, and that every human soul is destined to be judged before its gates. He believes that in the act of death, the human soul is freed from the corruption imposed upon it from mortal existence. He believes this transformation is enough to purify the soul of a Faithful person for them to immediately enter Heaven, that those who die in ignorance of the Faith eventually reach the same, and that those who die with knowledge but not conviction are rendered nonexistent after death.

Nacittal Denorvan is a conflicted man.

I believe in God, in Heaven. It must be real. How else would they talk to me still? How else would they always come in my dreams and speak of things that I need to do, to not do, or know of what I've done? Why did you leave me alone with this burden? If you're not coming from Heaven, then I've truly gone insane..... did you ever exist?

I am NOT insane.

Koronakesh is a kind man.

He believes that his path is destined to bring an end to human suffering, in all forms. That humanity will be unified in Heaven with God, and shall never again know pain or torment. He wishes nothing more than an existence of peace, where no child is ever again abandoned by its parents. Where no blow is ever struck against another human being in anger or jealousy, where Justice and Happiness infuses the essence of every man and woman.

Nacittal is an arrogant man.

My ancestors fought against the Deceiver. They were there in the First Reclaiming, when the Udorians and the Khanid were absorbed into the nascent Empire. My ancestors were in every Reclaiming of the races of men thereafter. I am Amarrian of True Blood, the Chosen among God's Children, and I don't give a damn what any low-born cretin thinks of me.

Koronakesh is a patient man.

He believes that he is destined to live until the End time, and then to cease existing, as he will not be pure enough to join the passengers of the Great Ark. And so, in the millenia-old practice of the Holder caste from which he came, he plots. He looks into the future, and never acts hastily, never without a reason, for there is a Cause far greater than himself which he serves. He enjoys spending many hours in his garden beneath the shade of the tree, listening to the fountain's gentle bubbling and meditating in solitary quiet.

Nacittal is an impulsive man.

Why should I wait when I can act? I have no time to just sit around. There are so many things to do, and not enough hours in a day to do them in. Creation holds so many things and people to be experienced. It would practically be sinful not to explore such prospects.

Koronakesh is an honest man.

He believes in being honest about his convictions, because they are Right. They are Good. And they are True. The cause of Righteousness is not aided by deception, by shadows. The Light of God should be shared with all who ask, and all who can be made to see it.

He is a broken man.

When he feels, he feels genuinely.
Every shard of goodness is a dagger to be twisted.
He believes the soul is sacrosanct.
People exist to be manipulated.
God's Truth will free them all from their sins.
Truth is whatever one decides it to be.

Do for this life as if you live forever, and do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow. When all the world is but a memory, when the last song is sung, what will you have done to aid its beauty? Will you have brightened this garden, or left it a barren desert?

Hurry up and die, won't you?

"EoM is an anagram of emo for a reason, dude."

Korona

• Clonejack
Re: [Character] Koronakesh
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2013, 23:54 »

Confirmed information on Nacittal Denorvan's pre-pod history is largely unavailable, as he has been stricken from the Book of Records following numerous actions against the Empire and capsuleer-loyalist forces. CONCORD is also unwilling to release any information they have so as not to upset such a serious Amarrian tradition.

In public he is never seen without his encompassing religious robes, which are elaborately decorated with silver symbols of the EoM. He has commented in the past that it was a sign of humility to cover one's appearance amongst others. He appears to be just under six feet in height and of a moderate build.

As Emperor Armani's banishment and death warrant for all persons associated with the Equilibrium of Mankind has never been revoked, he is to be summarily executed if ever caught by Imperial authorities within or without the territories of the Empire. He is additionally banned from entering the Minmatar Republic's space for leading the assault and subsequent destruction of Admiral Silonneri Balginia's vessel after a Nation attack in Eystur.

He suffers from severe cognitive dissonance bordering on multiple personalities, and has difficulty remembering things about himself from the past. It is entirely likely that anything he does say about himself before he became a pilot is a fictional construct, though whether it's an intentional lie or just something he incorrectly believes to be true is unverifiable.

Additionally, Koronakesh does not keep backup clones, as he believes the act to be a gross violation of faith and the lowest form of sin one can commit. Though he considers all capsuleers, Jovians and Intaki to be irredeemably damned, he also believes it morally wrong to ever break his word in any dealing, even if it involves one of those parties.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2013, 04:59 by Korona »

Norrin Ellis

« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2013, 05:04 »

Koronakesh can be trusted to handle money.

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2013, 12:55 »

This is an interesting man.

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2013, 18:50 »

This is an interesting man.
Indeed he is.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2013, 16:41 »

Kill it with fire!!!

And acid!

Drop a train on it!

...... er... I mean, hey Koro, about time and neat writeup :)
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 21 May 2013, 17:08 »

I can honestly say that your character is one of the most unsettling and interesting characters around. The fact that he is hardly seen in public nowadays also adds to this. Couldn't ask for a better character to see as Aldy's nemisis!

The moment they had upstairs at Silas's party was epic. Need to get some more confrontations in soon, in-space also.

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #7 on: 21 May 2013, 17:38 »

As always you never cease to surprise me. That's one of the most original write ups for a character I've seen in a while and I LOVE IT!!!

Somehow I missed this or I would have posted sooner, but yeah as people have said Koro is teh awesomesauce, and I love interacting with him.

This will probably be a tell, but any character I ever make will probably be at least a bit uncaring about the EoM just so that I can RP with Koro.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Korona

• Clonejack
« Reply #8 on: 21 May 2013, 19:13 »

I can honestly say that your character is one of the most unsettling and interesting characters around. The fact that he is hardly seen in public nowadays also adds to this. Couldn't ask for a better character to see as Aldy's nemisis!

The moment they had upstairs at Silas's party was epic. Need to get some more confrontations in soon, in-space also.

So much  :cube: tbh. Seeing Aldrith's righteous, unbridled hatred of Koronakesh always brings a smile to my face.

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #9 on: 22 May 2013, 11:25 »

Love the format.
To give "evil" a human face is no mean feat tbh and I so enjoy the way it's done.
The duality written is marvelous as well. Makes me feel I ought to do one of these things myself so thanks for the inspiration.

Although I must say that Koro is impossibly tardy when it comes to setting dates and such.
That said having RP:ed with you a few years I must say you keep making it interesting. Much  :cube:
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #10 on: 22 May 2013, 11:47 »

Beautiful write-up. You do a really good job of portraying a complex and evil man in a believable manner, without falling back upon the stereotypes that are so common.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #11 on: 22 May 2013, 11:53 »

The Equilibrium of Mankind were mentioned in the Summit recently. Like most topics involving Amarr religions, Synthia felt Compelled to state an Opinion. This happened:

Synthetic Cultist > Koronakesh Touches Things with his Cybernetic Hand.
Morwen Lagann > Really. Thanks for the mental image, Synthia. Seriously.
Morwen Lagann > Ugh. Now I have to vomit, and I'm in the fucking pod.
Synthetic Cultist > You are Welcome, Morwen.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 22 May 2013, 14:22 »

0/\0

Pirate Brofist Activate!

As always you are my favorite Mr. Koronkesh.

Nacittal Denorvan, I wasn't aware of the name before now did you just release it?

Excellent writeup, clear and concise motivators and beliefs.

Also I'm always super happy with how 'polite' Koronakesh is.

If I recall I enjoyed him happily 'whistling a little tune' as he laid explosives during that one scene ;P

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 22 May 2013, 15:15 »

Aldrith has known his true name for three to four-ish years now, and I know Morwen and Lilly also know it. It's definitely not common knowledge though; with his name struck from the Book of Records and the fact that from what I hear he hates being called by his true name, it's not something many people would know.

Norrin Ellis

« Reply #14 on: 22 May 2013, 15:39 »

Koronakesh is a good racing wingman.
Pages: [1] 2