Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The founder of Zainou Biotech, Todo Kirkinen, was the first person to have his mind transfered into a machine? Ishukone owns a majority stake of Zainou.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Things I wish I'd done differently with...  (Read 5270 times)

Reyd Karris

Re: Things I wish I'd done differently with...
« Reply #15 on: 14 Aug 2012, 23:12 »

My one regret was creating an amazing backstory and not exploring it at all in-character. It's also the one thing I think I did absolutely right.

If you're roleplaying a CONCORD deep cover operative who got burned, you can't really say you're a deep cover operative that got burned.

:bear:

In the words of Malory Archer, "I was black ops, and let me tell ya'; that does not for a young boy a very happy Christmas make," or some such.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #16 on: 15 Aug 2012, 00:18 »

My name. If I'd known RP in EVE existed or anything about Intaki I'd have picked a name that wasn't a D&D joke.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #17 on: 15 Aug 2012, 06:18 »

I've gone through seven (maybe eight) generations of characters in a little over three years of playing and I roleplayed (or at least thought up backstories and played IC) with all of them.  Each generation has been better than the last, and I feel like I'm probably at a point now where I could play my current main for a long time.  This cycle of rebooting led me to explore the lore in all corners of New Eden and likewise to try out many different character concepts.  I missed out on about two years of SP before creating Hoshisuuvi, but skillpoints ain't everything.  I wouldn't have done anything different.

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
« Reply #18 on: 15 Aug 2012, 08:11 »

Poor Logan <3

You're welcome in Skadi anytime :D
Hah, you just want to fly that Machariel....

also, I'm probably not active enough to get into Skadi  :lol:

To clarify a bit, I'm not sad I am in STIM since I love the corp and the pvp and pretty much everything about it minus a few titan sized dramallama's that wander through every now and again.

I just wish that I had gotten into RP before I joined STIM as starting as a newbie RPer from an Alliance with a pretty substantial RP history can be quite challenging. Not insurmountable, but just a few feet under base level instead of at base level.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 15 Aug 2012, 20:58 »

No regrets here. Quite happy with my character, and how it has developed.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #20 on: 15 Aug 2012, 22:27 »

Poor Logan <3

You're welcome in Skadi anytime :D
Hah, you just want to fly that Machariel....

also, I'm probably not active enough to get into Skadi  :lol:

To clarify a bit, I'm not sad I am in STIM since I love the corp and the pvp and pretty much everything about it minus a few titan sized dramallama's that wander through every now and again.

I just wish that I had gotten into RP before I joined STIM as starting as a newbie RPer from an Alliance with a pretty substantial RP history can be quite challenging. Not insurmountable, but just a few feet under base level instead of at base level.

Well, I did something similar. After finishing the tutorial, I was sat in dock in Pator, wondering what to do next, and having a look at the corp offices. Gradient's caught my eye, and then I came up with Kala's backstory. I'd never done RP of any kind before joining GRD, and considering the nine year history of that corp, I probably threw myself into the deep end a little :P

And yes. I can fly machariels now.  :twisted:

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Norrin Ellis

« Reply #21 on: 16 Aug 2012, 03:38 »

I have a fictional life for the sole purpose of escapism.  I wanted a perfect little sheltered life where the extent of awful crap happening was well within my own control.  My regret, of course, is that most of the people I have chosen to devote serious time to playing with have taken a proper dump all over that.  Therefore, I'd say I would've liked to have been a lot more selective about the people I shared my time with, and perhaps it would've been best to play entirely in a bubble, where my only interactions outside of the occasional pleasantries were with my own alts.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 16 Aug 2012, 09:09 »

...not left Gradient, buuuuut, if I did...
...not simply given up on TRA, instead, laid the law down
...what I said in other thread, ie, no connection with slavery
...never trained a bunch of science and industry skills

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #23 on: 16 Aug 2012, 09:11 »

...never give you up
...never let you down
...never turn around and desert you

[spoiler]srs answer: I'm actually quite happy with Katrina so far. I've managed to solve some major issues with her character and the way I play her, and I am quite comfortable.

I do sometimes wonder if she'd be better received if she wasn't in a homosexual relationship - but honestly I feel quite blessed to have found a friend and RP buddy like Simca. I can't really wish I hadn't stumbled on that.

BTW, no nobody has taken issue with SimKat, but each time someone says lolspacelesbians in general, I can't help but feel a little ashamed.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2012, 09:15 by Katrina Oniseki »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #24 on: 16 Aug 2012, 09:20 »

[spoiler]
BTW, no nobody has taken issue with SimKat, but each time someone says lolspacelesbians in general, I can't help but feel a little ashamed.[/spoiler]

I would say that's not because a lot of people turn their characters into spacelesbians for the sake of sexual nerd fantasies that there can't also be a few genuine interesting ones.=)

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #25 on: 16 Aug 2012, 09:26 »

I wish I had put more thought into the name. It's actually a reference to the two WoW characters I had played that day. Though I wonder if all the drama my character has been involved in is actually a self-fulfilling prophecy that comes from being Miss Strife.

Jev North

« Reply #26 on: 16 Aug 2012, 09:33 »

I would say that's not because a lot of people turn their characters into spacelesbians for the sake of sexual nerd fantasies that there can't also be a few genuine interesting ones.=)

I'd say that the explicit sex fantasy characters are a small minority, anyway. Seems to me the Space-Lesbian Situation is analogous to the tragedy of the commons. I can't really blame people for doing things they find interesting, or even making similar choices in similar situations. The great majority of the individual cases are okay to actually quite interesting; it's just that the sheer numbers you end up with makes for strange situations and much eye-rolling.

Somewhat off-topic, though. Sorry.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #27 on: 16 Aug 2012, 10:03 »

Jev is spot-on with the issue about "space lesbians": I rarely could criticize any individual case, but the sheer volume gets a little overwhelming. I have a few theories about why this happens, more than just "lol nerds and 2girlsdoinit", but they'd be off-topic here.

Streya

• Egger
« Reply #28 on: 16 Aug 2012, 10:05 »

...Wish I hadn't made Rek a slave, even if to a kind Holder. His eccentricity would have been better explained by having been born in the Republic to a middle-class family, where he would have been sheltered from the Minmatar-Amarr conflict. This would have set up a more logical progression to his disillusionment with the war and later turn to Sansha's Nation.

I partially regret leaving TS-F/SHARE; Sansha RP satisfies my inner transhumanist nerd. That being said, my eventual moving on to TRA lead to a much better grasp on how to PvP, good RP (for a time), and excellent OOC friendships that extend into real life.

Skill-wise I wish I had specialized in combat stuff :p

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #29 on: 16 Aug 2012, 10:40 »

You can always come home, Rek.  we left your room the way it was when you moved out.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!
Pages: 1 [2] 3