Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Scagga once lost 800,000,000 isk in one night due to his gambling problem?

Author Topic: FedGov datafile relating to Beynad Prefecture on Vittenyn II  (Read 1840 times)

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger

FedGov datafile relating to Beynad Prefecture on Vittenyn II

Name: Beynad Prefecture
Area: 132,343 km (51.097 mi)
Location: Vittenyn II, Vittenyn System, Ambyre Constellation, Sinq Laison, Gallente Federation
Climate:  Temperate; mild, wet winters; hot, dry summers

Terrain:  Primarily mountainous terrain with several major canyons known to be local tourist attractions.

Environmental Issues: Heavy air pollution from several major manufacturing plants in the prefecture. Environmental protection legislation enacted in YC101 by First Minister Merryn Jakol to counter ongoing strain. Legislation repealed by First Minister Laurentis Thiesant in YC 112. Current air quality protection conducted through atmospheric recycling technology contracted out to the Reatant Corporation

Racial Identification:
•   Gallente [97%]
•   Intaki [2%]
•   Mannar [0.25%]
•   Jin-Mei [0.25%]
•   Minmatar [0.15%]
•   Other [0.35%]

Official Language: Gal-Vittenynese

Population: 12, 032, 482

Sufferage: All registered citizens over the age of 15

Legislature: 90 seats elected yearly through proportional voting.
      Current distribution of seats:
•   Progressors [48 seats]
•   Sociocrats [32 seats]
•   Ultra Nationalists [9 seats]
•   Unionists [1 seat]

Executive: First Minister of the Beynad Prefecture appointed by majority vote of the legislature. The current first minister is M. Darryn Estania [Progressor], who took office in January YC113. The First Minister remains in power until losing the confidence of the legislature. Previous office holder Laurentis Thiesant was the Progressor endorsed candidate until the YC110 elections resulted in a hung legislature, requiring M. Thiesant to sit as an independent in order to gain Nationalist support for his Ministry above the Sociocrat opposition. The First Minister holds a casting vote in the legislature.

--

You can tell where I just stopped half way through but I'm dumping this here none the less and will work on it over time. Obviously focused around my character but you know.
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2013, 07:37 by Jianni Sotaku »

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain

If its in Sinq Laison, shouldnt it show more Minmatar inmigrants?

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger

Entirely possible. I would note however that these are 'identifications' as well, so many Minmatar may fall under that (the Gallente) category as well. I intended for it to be a pretty Gallente-dominated state due to its social environment perhaps not being as welcoming and friendly as others on the planet/in the system. There could be many many more Matari on Vittenyn II, it's just that they don't have enclaves in the prefecture (or where they're going to risk anything by 'proudly' identifying as Matari on government forms).

Lyn Farel

Maybe they are just all living in Finkton without any citizenship.  :P

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

EIGHT MINUTES AND FIVE.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

EIGHT MINUTES AND FIVE.

I think you lost me.

Should teach me to play with gaming references :lol:

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

EIGHT MINUTES AND FIVE.

I think you lost me.

Should teach me to play with gaming references :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AVihhOrVUI

I got the numbers wrong.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

Oh right, that sequence  :lol:

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain

OK, so i looked up planet and star data on evemaps

The star is a K4V, so its orange-ish, four tenths into the next lower class, luminosity V (dwarf). In essence, a much cooler star than our sun.

Vittenyn II
has an orbit period of 38 days (fine for the star type i guess, mercury for comparison has an orbit period of 87 days)
Density of 6048.79 g/cm³ (higher than earth), and with higher escape velocity and gravity (naturally)
It has however a very low atmospheric pressure (might be a terraformed planet?)
Yet higher mean temperature (309k compared to earth's 288k) probably because of its closeness to the parent star

Vittenyn III
has an orbit period of 68 days (a lot farther out)
Density of 3917.18 g/cm³ (lower than earth), and with lower escape velocity and gravity (naturally)
It has however a very low atmospheric pressure (might be a terraformed planet?)
Yet higher mean temperature, odd (306k almost as high as Vittenyn II), it doesnt have enough atmosphere to actually trap the heat.

The planetary conditions might point towards terraformed planets with large deserts within the tropical zones locked in large landmasses. Moreso in Vitt III than in Vitt II

Cities and human settlement most probably located in what we consider sub-artic/tundra zones, near coastal areas that will smooth season changes, or in narrow valleys between mountain ranges as you move towards the equator (acting as shields against excessive heat).

In the same constellation Trossere, Fricoure and Ainaille also have terran-like planets. So its 4 of 7 systems in the constellation. That could mean a lot in context of how much effort has the Federation invested into terraforming Sinq Laison in general. (as reference Verge Vendor has 33 terran planets Solitude 47, Everyshore 51, Essence 61, Placid 72, and Sinq Laison 110).

Given the above conditions, one could speculate on the major economic actitivies to perform:

Precious stones -> diamonds, rubies, opals, etc. I would discard major mining operations as it would disrupt the terraforming process quite a bit.
Wines - Secluded valleys with the right orientation and dry soils could yield the most exclusive wines in the constellation
Racing - large deserts with no living being could be the best location for extreme racing sports

The rest would be agricultural exports, specially fruits, nuts and various seasoning products.

My best bet would be precious stones, which would give a good indication as to why planet II and III were terraformed, the whole system could have large deposits being a 2nd or 3rd generation star.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

Did you pick the area randomly or use planet view?

Edit: derp, total land area I mean
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2013, 10:46 by Seriphyn »