Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That docked cruisers are held in place with massive clamps on strategic support sections of the ship, and are disengaged with incendiary explosives? (The Burning Life p. 75)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Order of Light's Retribution  (Read 3710 times)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: Order of Light's Retribution
« Reply #15 on: 26 Aug 2012, 13:45 »

Best of luck with this, great idea :)

Tempted to see if Jesmine would fancy joining, but it don't look like she will be a good fit or me a good member, ideology/play-time wise.

P.S that web-page is sexy and hot, let none tell you otherwise  ;)

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #16 on: 27 Aug 2012, 12:08 »

YC 114.08.19

Under authority of God and Empress; we, in faith, do hereby draft this

Charter of Establishment
pertaining to the
Order of Light's Retribution

Declaration of Purpose

The Order of Light's Retribution [HOLR] is hereby founded to investigate and purge any and all elements within the Amarr Empire deemed to be in opposition to God, the Throne or the Amarr faith; including, but not limited to, any and all insurgents, enemy militants, criminal organizations, heresies and traitors.

HOLR will operate with intent to defend the borders of the Amarr Empire from all dangers foreign and domestic.

Declaration of Allegiance

The Order of Light's Retribution hereby declares its allegiance first to God, the Scriptures by which God has revealed himself to Man and second to the Holy Amarr Empire founded to cultivate the spirit of Man and to the Throne which governs it.

From the point of its founding until the point of its disbanding, the Order does pledge its service to God, the Empire and Throne and will operate in accordance with the Law of God and Imperial Law.

Addendum: As a capsuleer entity, the Order of Light's Retribution hereby declares its submission to CONCORD regulation and governance; pertaining to all licenses and restriction upon its capsuleer members and submission to CONCORD enforcement of its directives and laws.[/i]

Declaration of Membership

All members of the Order of Light's Retribution must swear the oaths listed in the Tenets of the Order of Light's Retribution. Membership in the Order is not restricted by ethnicity.

Ratification

This charter is hereby ratified on this, the nineteenth day of the eighth month of 114YC, and considered binding and holding to the Order of Light's Retribution and its subordinate members; compliant with all regulations necessary to maintain and operate a legally sanctioned organization.
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2012, 13:55 by ArtOfLight »
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
« Reply #17 on: 02 Sep 2012, 13:56 »

Oaths of the Order

The Order of Light's Retribution has sworn fealty to God, the Amarr Empire and to the faith on which it stands. The tenets of the Order are built upon these oaths in addition to the commitment to serve as a guiding light in the ever-present darkness of its day.

All members of the Order must take the following oaths before becoming Ordained in the Order:

Oath of Fealty: I hereby swear my fealty first to God, to his character and commandments revealed in his revelation to Man, the Scriptures, and to his divine authority. I hereby swear my fealty second to the Amarr Empire, built upon the foundation of faith in God and chosen to carry God's light to all people, to its Empress, ordained of God to lead his people and to its law, written to mirror the law of God.

Oath of Faith: I hereby declare that my faith is in the One True God, supreme over all creation and sovereign over the will of Man. I determine to uphold the tenets of my faith in the face of great adversity, to never relent in the face of opposition and to persevere through all tests of faith.

Oath of Order: I hereby align myself to the Order of Light's Retribution and the principles upon which it stands, swearing compliance and dedication in all aspects of life, duty and service. I will conduct myself with wisdom, faith and discretion as I serve the Order and submit myself to its guidance and leadership for so long as I perceive it not to be in conflict with the Oath of Faith and the Oath of Fealty.

Tenets of the Order

The tenets of the Order of Light's Retribution are to be upheld and exemplified by all members of the Order. They are the foundation upon which the Order is built and a betrayal of these tenets is considered a betrayal to the Order.

Faith: All members of the Order are expected to be followers of the Amarr faith, subservient to the God of that faith and conducting themselves in accordance with that faith. It is expected that all members of the Order be grounded in their faith, uncompromising in its relevance but willing to challenge their understanding of it. The mission of the Amarr Empire is to cultivate the spirit of Man, salvation is found only through faith.

Duty: Duty to God, Empire and the Order. Members of the Order of Light's Retribution, in accordance with their fealty to the above are expected to serve to the best of their capabilities in whatever station they are filling. Duty is borne of conviction and our conviction is borne of faith, to abandon one's duty is to abandon one's faith. Duty may be questioned appropriately but never opposed outright, it may be challenged but never forsaken.

Humility: In direct contrast to the hubris that has heralded the fall of Man time and again, members of the Order are expected to conduct themselves with humility. It is through humility that we demonstrate our submission to God and dedication to duty. Even when standing upon truth and in righteousness, humility is expected for it is through humility that we put to shame the defiance of our opponents.

Compassion: Just as God has compassion upon his creation, just as this compassion is written through Scripture, so are members of the Order expected to possess compassion toward their fellow Man. The innocent, the burdened, the weak, the wandering, the rebellious; all are in need of something. To those with much, much is expected. Through compassion we may meet the needs of others and through meeting their needs may we show them their greater need for God or strengthen their faith in him.

Integrity: We are the messengers of God, his Angels of Mercy and Wrath; we are the way in which the cluster views God. Our character is how others will judge God, our words are how others will perceive God's will. Members of the Order must be ever vigilant against corruption, beholden to their word and wise in their actions, beyond reproof whenever possible.

Patience: Impatience breeds recklessness. Members of the Order are expected to practice patience in all things, be it decisions that must be made, conversations that test the heart or opposition. Acting when necessary, contemplative at all times and patient when possible. Avoid acting and speaking when impatient lest you destroy what you have built up with reckless abandon.

Wisdom: Listen before speaking. Question before assuming. Consider alternatives and consequences before acting. Forsake pride, forsake hatred, forsake bitterness for they serve you naught. Members of the Order are expected to seek wisdom and employ it in all areas of their lives. We cannot hope to rebuild if we are too busy destroying.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
« Reply #18 on: 02 Sep 2012, 13:57 »

YC 114.09.01
Rules of Engagement

The Order of Light's Retribution maintains a strict Rules of Engagement policy to hold itself above reproach by hostile entities. Below are the guidelines and expectations of engagement within [HOLR]:

• Members of the Order of Light's Retribution are not to engage in any acts of piracy. Piracy being defined as any unsolicited act of aggression against a neutral entity.
  • Armed vessels entering a military complex will be considered hostile and possibly engaged unless those vessels belong to a friendly militia organization!
  • Members of the Order of Light's Retribution may retaliate when fired upon by any entity, regardless of that entity's affiliations, allegiances or standings toward [HOLR]. 
  • Aggression against neutral cargo or personnel carriers is forbidden at all times except during a state of war in which the aforementioned carrier is a supplier or transporter for an opposing force.
  • The Order of Light's Retribution is forbidden from engaging in orbital bombardment or other hostile interference with a non-space entity.
  • Members of the Order of Light's Retribution are expected to operate with honor and integrity at all times in accordance with the tenets of the Order.

Breach of these regulations and guidelines will result in disciplinary action against the offender with severity of penance to be determined in accordance to the severity of the offense. These document is subject to change under the discretion of the Leadership Council.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
« Reply #19 on: 02 Sep 2012, 13:57 »

Updated with three posts, basically echoing the information put up on IGS for those that don't follow IGS or for everyone's entertainment here.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #20 on: 02 Sep 2012, 19:36 »

Great stuff. 
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #21 on: 03 Sep 2012, 04:59 »

Great stuff.

This man speaks the truth.

Just... try to be happy about it, this time.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
« Reply #22 on: 05 Sep 2012, 07:47 »

Great stuff.

This man speaks the truth.

Just... try to be happy about it, this time.

I wasn't unhappy with WHG - the reasons for me leaving it were entirely different. I left WHG because at the time I was going through a very difficult and emotional real life loss, which left me emotionally unsuited to any kind of leadership and my investment in EVE was pretty much negligible. The Honor Guard was in the middle of just beginning to really grow and develop and its CEO going on hiatus at that time would have been devastating to the corp. So, instead, I left it in capable hands and created a character that I could essentially just get away from everything on.

When the situation in real life finally concluded, I really didn't know what I wanted to do or even if I wanted to keep playing, but I kept lingering around anyway. Eventually, I decided to try and become more active with my new character because returning to the Honor Guard didn't feel right (it still doesn't). So now I'm attempting to do something with the Amarr and hope it proves interesting and fun, while building up a community of players and RPers like the Honor Guard had.

It's not gone smoothly at this point.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #23 on: 06 Sep 2012, 04:44 »

Looks like an ouroboros : the Amarr/Minmatar side is falling apart :because of FW: and so people are less and less eager to join them, especially the Amarr that are now a lost cause. I think that joining FW would be almost suicidal currently considering that it is the actual center of the shitstorm. The best way would be to create something new outside, with innovative purposes and goals. Like Ken did with Scarecrows, that kind of things.

Of couse if they manage to fix FW ...

/ranting.

Koa

• Capsuleer
  • Clonejack
  • For God and Empire.
« Reply #24 on: 08 Sep 2012, 05:03 »

I would join this fight. Our people need defenders. We cannot allow the Crusade to be swept aside by the Minmatar hordes!
"There will be neither compassion nor mercy;
Nor peace, nor solace
For those who bear witness to these Signs
And still do not believe."
- The Scriptures, Book of Reclaiming 25:10
Pages: 1 [2]