Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That some Minmatar pilots have a tradition of gifting Rodj Blake's corpse to newly-weds?

Author Topic: CONCORD / YULAI ACCORDS / EMPIRES / CAPSULEERS  (Read 2177 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
CONCORD / YULAI ACCORDS / EMPIRES / CAPSULEERS
« on: 21 Mar 2012, 12:03 »

Ok Lore-Masters, let's talk shop.

I'm looking for clarification regarding the legal/jurisdiction areas between CONCORD / Capsuleers / Empires.

So for example when an Empire signed the Yulai agreements, they gave up jurisdiction over capsuleer affairs and handed it to CONCORD? If that's the case what about the 1000's of NPC capsuleers working for the navies themselves?

I'm trying to figure out PF-wise, you can have say, a member of the Imperial Crusade dock inside a Minmatar station whenever they like, or Silas as an outed  Sabik go hang out in Emperor Family Academy without being arrested and executed on the spot.

Has the game just never caught up with these practical issues for the sake of gameplay, or have I missed some Yulai clauses that I should know about?

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
Re: CONCORD / YULAI ACCORDS / EMPIRES / CAPSULEERS
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2012, 12:11 »

The game has never caught up with those practical issues because CCP doesn't care and it would restrict the sandbox for the average player of the game.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2012, 12:24 »

It's the easiest damn thing in the game to fix, no new code. -5 or lower with x faction and you can't dock

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2012, 12:26 »

In fact, tie it to FacWar sovereignty and suddenly owning a system makes tactical difference. Like 0.0 lite.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #4 on: 21 Mar 2012, 12:40 »

In fact, tie it to FacWar sovereignty and suddenly owning a system makes tactical difference. Like 0.0 lite.

... mind fucking blown. So simple. So elegant. So YES NOW PLEASE! It'd actually raise FW slightly above retardation.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #5 on: 21 Mar 2012, 13:02 »

In fact, tie it to FacWar sovereignty and suddenly owning a system makes tactical difference.

We've been asking for things along these lines for years. Even if you don't remove docking in enemy stations entirely, make it impossible to use repair facilities or something /o\

Like 0.0 lite.

NUUU. ABSOLUTELY NOT.
* kalaratiri flails
Facwar is not null sec and never should be. It should be a casual pvp area with some impact on the game's storyline. Not the 0.0 testbed CCP and a few CSM members seem to want. Most facwar players simply do not care about grinding for structures or anything like that. They are there to shoot each other.

(I also realize you may not have meant that by what you said, but it's something I feel particularly strongly about.)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 21 Mar 2012, 13:56 »

We are derailing fast, but pilots needs something to fight -for- with tangible results, or the whole thing has no purpose.  When nothing you do means anything and you have nothing to show for it except for some text next to 'sovereignty', the whole this is an exercise in futility.

Planting little flags and then making ISK as a result are what people do it in 0.0 for.

Planting smaller flags and somewhat restricted pvp-light seem like a reasonable goal for facwar.  Adding dynamism is ridiculously easy with just a few extremely broad guiding principles.

1. Claiming territory grants benefits to the owners.
easy as docking rights, useful NPC assistance, global in-space combat bonuses, station discounts, whatever

2. keep the 0.0ers out. This is the kiddie pool, so it's as simple as not letting titans and supers inside, and restricting capitals to only the highest levels of escalation (when systems are vulnerable for example). They do this with the complexes already, it should be region-wide ship restrictions for certain things.

3. occasional NPC 'hello'
"The Empress commands the crusade to retake huola within 7 days for the glory of Amarr" (with x bonus if done)
Tibus Heth calls on all patriots to defend X from the Federation (with x bonus for resisting NPC (sansha incursion style) attack for 24 hours

Bingo.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #7 on: 21 Mar 2012, 13:59 »

We are derailing fast, but pilots needs something to fight -for- with tangible results, or the whole thing has no purpose.  When nothing you do means anything and you have nothing to show for it except for some text next to 'sovereignty', the whole this is an exercise in futility.

Planting little flags and then making ISK as a result are what people do it in 0.0 for.

Planting smaller flags and somewhat restricted pvp-light seem like a reasonable goal for facwar.  Adding dynamism is ridiculously easy with just a few extremely broad guiding principles.

1. Claiming territory grants benefits to the owners.
easy as docking rights, useful NPC assistance, global in-space combat bonuses, station discounts, whatever

2. keep the 0.0ers out. This is the kiddie pool, so it's as simple as not letting titans and supers inside, and restricting capitals to only the highest levels of escalation (when systems are vulnerable for example). They do this with the complexes already, it should be region-wide ship restrictions for certain things.

3. occasional NPC 'hello'
"The Empress commands the crusade to retake huola within 7 days for the glory of Amarr" (with x bonus if done)
Tibus Heth calls on all patriots to defend X from the Federation (with x bonus for resisting NPC (sansha incursion style) attack for 24 hours

Bingo.

I have no objections. Now go forth, Vitalia, and make it your quest to make CCP see this.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 21 Mar 2012, 14:02 »

Going back on topic -

Something I've always wondered about is, if CONCORD declares somebody an "enemy", are all signatories obliged to attack and refuse those parties shelter?
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Kiki Truzhari

• Dirty little space witch
  • Wetgraver
  • No Light! No Light!
« Reply #10 on: 21 Mar 2012, 22:55 »

right then, off to molest the topic :P
Prohasar man opre pirende - sa muro djiben semas opre chengende

Aodha Khan

« Reply #11 on: 22 Mar 2012, 07:11 »

It's the easiest damn thing in the game to fix, no new code. -5 or lower with x faction and you can't dock

This  :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

No idea why CCP doesn't want to stick with the original vision and gave us Eve lite for FW. Would love it if it actually meant something in terms of strategy.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #12 on: 22 Mar 2012, 10:44 »

Going back on topic -

Something I've always wondered about is, if CONCORD declares somebody an "enemy", are all signatories obliged to attack and refuse those parties shelter?

I think so yes, given how all the pirates factions without any exceptions are to be considered enemy of the core concord-legit empires. But this is pure speculation at this point.