Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Signatories to the Federal Charter retain the legal right to regulate shipping and security in their original territories, among other things? Read more here.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: RP hats  (Read 16828 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: RP hats
« Reply #75 on: 17 Sep 2014, 05:50 »

I have always felt that Katrina Oniseki's name should have been Katrina Oniseksi and that every one of your appearance would be disguised as a sexy japanese Oni.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #76 on: 17 Sep 2014, 05:57 »

I don't have any particular thoughts on Kat's name other than my brain currently insisting on horrifying me with the lyrics "I say Kat kat, in the butt, I say kat kat, in the butt?" etc. I can't quite tell how this has come to be, but I suspect the blackest of sorcery.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #77 on: 17 Sep 2014, 06:34 »

There were other Gallente RPers than Seri?

Huh, live and learn.

ETA: Ooooh! Oooh! There was Soter! Holy shit, there were two.

*hits Miz with a pillow*  Silly thing, once upon a time, there were lots!

Lots, many or a bunch?

Hrm.  I'm not sure what the collective term for Gallente RPers is.  A gaggle?  A giggle?

But there were all of the folks in Strix (Mark 1), and the RPers who used to be in Phoenix Wing and other bits of the former Acheron Federation, and I know I'm probably missing others.

Aedre Lafisques

• Terrible Caillian
  • Wetgraver
    • Aedre Logs. Writing
« Reply #78 on: 17 Sep 2014, 09:23 »

The [EL-G] was created by Seri and though he's not really around anymore[?], the active members basically all fed RP. Soter also handles himself in character except when too cumbersome, as he leads the GMVA. So I wouldn't say he isn't RPing - I just haven't seen him outside of that sphere. I wasn't even aware he ever was!

I think the problem is that - generally speaking - the other empires take so poorly to Gallente presence that I suspect a lot of us just stopped travelling, so to speak. :p I've decided to stick my neck out and let it get chopped off if I have to, at this point. Undocking the RP ship.
Hangout Channel: Gallente Lounge

Lyn Farel

« Reply #79 on: 17 Sep 2014, 10:33 »

<3 Acheron Federation

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #80 on: 17 Sep 2014, 15:21 »

It's always been incredibly difficult in EVE to want a thing or event to happen dynamically vs the amount of people that need to know about the thing for it to actually happen at all.

One one end you have the more 'realistic' RP end of the spectrum; sharing little, dropping tiny, tiny hints about things, hoping people will take some RP bait and investigate of their own volition a bit more.
[..]
Then the other end of the spectrum, you basically have to shout from the highest mountaintop PLOT PLOT PLOT HERE. COME PARTICIPATE.  And even then your turnout or interest will be less than you had hoped.
I've done both options, sort of.
When it comes to shouting, I was indeed expecting at least a little more interest in digging up dirt, especially because I OOCly invited the press to do so, but if the media aren't even willing to investigate a little, who will?
Interestingly, the "realistic" approach has brought Ché closer to having a side of his character exposed that he would rather not have exposed, multiple times. Sometimes it really surprised me that it had happened.

But most times, I avoid the whole dynamic vs. plotbaiting thing by having my character have goals as opposed to having goals for my character.
Not that there aren't any things that I would like to happen, but the suspense of not knowing which ones of these things will happen, or when, or if any of them will happen at all is quite enjoyable for me.
Sometimes, when a secret comes out, it can be more fun if a character has been able to keep it secret for years instead of months. Longtime friends of this character could have a "I thought I knew her/him. WTF?!" experience that would be stronger than if they had been friends for a short time.
-OOChé

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #81 on: 17 Sep 2014, 15:28 »

Down with Gallente hedonism!

Nah not really. It would be nice if more Fed RPers were out there but oh wells, I'm not complaining too much.
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #82 on: 17 Sep 2014, 15:29 »

Nah not really. It would be nice if more Fed RPers were out there but oh wells, I'm not complaining too much.

For the Staaaaaaate.

We should totally turn every Backstage thread into a Caldari thread.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #83 on: 17 Sep 2014, 15:42 »

For the Staaaaaaate.

Bittervet post - it's already been done before -

Quote from: Ava Starfire
This thread is  now about enslaved Matari.
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #84 on: 17 Sep 2014, 15:49 »

For the Staaaaaaate.

Bittervet post - it's already been done before -

Quote from: Ava Starfire
This thread is  now about enslaved Matari.

So has prefacing your response with your bittervetness. So there. Hmph.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #85 on: 17 Sep 2014, 15:50 »

Well I could break out the ponies if you want some new old stuff.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #86 on: 17 Sep 2014, 15:53 »

I think your sig does that just fine.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #87 on: 17 Sep 2014, 16:00 »

I think your sig does that just fine.

You've seen nothing yet. Anyway, stole yer avatar because Miz.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #88 on: 18 Sep 2014, 05:11 »

I don't have any particular thoughts on Kat's name other than my brain currently insisting on horrifying me with the lyrics "I say Kat kat, in the butt, I say kat kat, in the butt?" etc. I can't quite tell how this has come to be, but I suspect the blackest of sorcery.

Youwanna do it in mah butt, in mah butt, YOU WANNA DO IT IN MAH BUTT, IN MAH BUTT??!? Ooookaaayyy then!

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #89 on: 18 Sep 2014, 09:09 »

Your sig pic has never been more appropriate, and mine has never been this inappropriate.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7