Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Emperor Heideran VII died on 17.09YC105  of Turit Disease just two weeks after the publication of his opus 'Pax Amarria'.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: RP hats  (Read 16826 times)

Jace

• Veteran
Re: RP hats
« Reply #60 on: 16 Sep 2014, 16:46 »

Are the Caldari all that loud though? I'm of course discounting DK here. If I give the Amarr side of things the same courtesy with Nappy, I still see more activity on that side of things than from the Caldari. On the IGS that is, what happens in game I have no sodding idea other than brief ten minute idling in some off-the-beaten-path channels during skillchanges.

We are quieter than we used to be. I would say the most consistent loyalists I see on the IGS recently are Amarr. But that is largely because Pieter seems to be taking another break from public ICness and because people are responding to Naup.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #61 on: 16 Sep 2014, 16:53 »

They're not ~that~ loud.

However, lately there have been a number of Caldari (probably 3-4 of them, who all know who they are, and since they're alluded to or blatantly called out in the IGS thread, I won't do that here) who have frequently been inclined to shove their noses into threads and derail the shit out of them with "ERMAGERD TEH STAET SO GLURIUS" spam even if they have NOTHING to do with anything even remotely related to the State. Which, let's be fair, is a stereotypically Gallente behavior.

Which is why someone made a thread complaining about it on the IGS.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #62 on: 16 Sep 2014, 16:57 »

They're not ~that~ loud.

However, lately there have been a number of Caldari (probably 3-4 of them, who all know who they are, and since they're alluded to or blatantly called out in the IGS thread, I won't do that here) who have frequently been inclined to shove their noses into threads and derail the shit out of them with "ERMAGERD TEH STAET SO GLURIUS" spam even if they have NOTHING to do with anything even remotely related to the State. Which, let's be fair, is a stereotypically Gallente behavior.

Which is why someone made a thread complaining about it on the IGS.

I think that could be wittled (widdled?) down to 2.5. The half being one that is not so much YAY STATE as YAY ME. And frankly, I put nearly as much blame on the same couple of people who continually respond to them in the exact same way that solidifies any derailment. Some people are unbelievably easy to ignore if left untrolled.

Edit: The above statement will not help me get people to join in on a Caldari venue. Off to the alts I gooooo. *flaps like a bird*
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2014, 17:10 by Jace »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #63 on: 16 Sep 2014, 17:16 »

Yeah, I'm half-tempted to start calling thread derailment "Claudia Kimming" on the IGS at this point. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: 16 Sep 2014, 17:20 »

Yeah, I'm half-tempted to start calling thread derailment "Claudia Kimming" on the IGS at this point. :P

Yeah. As soon as one of those responds to the other, I abandon a thread and do not come back. This means abandoning virtually all threads within forty-eight hours of them being made.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #65 on: 16 Sep 2014, 19:10 »

Yeah. As soon as one of those responds to the other, I abandon a thread and do not come back. This means abandoning virtually all threads within forty-eight hours of them being made.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

For a while there I thought I was the only one that felt like this.

Dessau

« Reply #66 on: 16 Sep 2014, 19:13 »

In my experience, this is in large part due to the different factions not interacting frequently except periodic snark on the IGS. People have become a bit tired of the standard arguments, IC-hate, and so forth. They begin to avoid the other factions significantly. (...) They begin to veer towards doing their own thing.

From the outside looking in, it seems that a great deal of the loyalist activity must take place on FW killboards and/or behind closed doors, though there are exceptions, I'm sure. Perhaps this goes back to the points in other threads about the 'been-done' reception by veteran RPers. The rehashing of the slavery debate or the pitfalls of individual rights begin to pale to more nuanced personal interactions or somesuch, it just happens that the new blood might find it difficult to make inroads within that realm as the 'standard arguments' are more accessible and apparent in the backlog PF.

Characters like DK also do not help the situation because every single public situation they show up to will turn into the exact same thing due to that sort of character saying and doing the exact same thing over and over and over and over.

Among the people that are bothered by those posts, was there ever a concerted effort to Palin-ify these characters? Just simply agree to ignore every one of their posts for a month?

All of that said, I hope to see an increased Gallente presence on the IGS and elsewhere. It has been a relatively quiet (maybe we are just loud . . . >.>) faction for too long.

The Asymmetrics manifesto does need a September entry...

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #67 on: 16 Sep 2014, 19:55 »

There were other Gallente RPers than Seri?

Huh, live and learn.

ETA: Ooooh! Oooh! There was Soter! Holy shit, there were two.

*hits Miz with a pillow*  Silly thing, once upon a time, there were lots!

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #68 on: 16 Sep 2014, 19:55 »

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #69 on: 16 Sep 2014, 20:27 »

Among the people that are bothered by those posts, was there ever a concerted effort to Palin-ify these characters? Just simply agree to ignore every one of their posts for a month?

There are many of us that ignore everything they say. But there will always be the people that enjoy the chance to hear themselves speak every time they respond. Or they are just bored.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #70 on: 16 Sep 2014, 21:02 »

There definitely were more Gallente RPers once upon a time. I remember everything from dropping Esna into a Gallente discussion channel for a debate on self-determination vs. subservience to a higher authority, to one particular guy (name since forgotten) who was every bit as vocal as Kim and perhaps even more fantastically racist against Caldari - so they had a fair bit of variety as well.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #71 on: 17 Sep 2014, 03:16 »

There are many of us that ignore everything they say. But there will always be the people that enjoy the chance to hear themselves speak every time they respond. Or they are just bored.

Snark-bait is irresistible.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Lyn Farel

« Reply #72 on: 17 Sep 2014, 04:07 »

They were plenty over the years, but not all of them at a time...

Alain Octirant / Hans Nardieu / Bastian Valoron being among my favorites.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #73 on: 17 Sep 2014, 04:18 »

There were other Gallente RPers than Seri?

Huh, live and learn.

ETA: Ooooh! Oooh! There was Soter! Holy shit, there were two.

*hits Miz with a pillow*  Silly thing, once upon a time, there were lots!

Lots, many or a bunch?

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #74 on: 17 Sep 2014, 05:24 »

They were plenty over the years, but not all of them at a time...

Alain Octirant / Hans Nardieu / Bastian Valoron being among my favorites.

I always felt his name should have been Alain Octorant, and that he should have eight different aggressive complaints in every post.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7