Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Placid Reborn is a corporation dedicated to the self-determination and prosperity of the Intaki home system and its immediate surroundings? Read more here

Author Topic: Congrats Jade thread.  (Read 1691 times)

Vikarion

Congrats Jade thread.
« on: 03 Jul 2012, 20:37 »

I don't report anyone on this forum (as far as I can remember) because of the whole glass houses and stones issue. However, aren't we supposed to avoid personal prejudicial comments? Sauce for goose and gander and all that. Thanks.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Congrats Jade thread.
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jul 2012, 21:39 »

FWIW, I can't really think of anything inappropriate about calling it what I did when somebody clearly says over and over that CCP made a game change because some of their designers used to be in a given alliance and gets roundly smacked by CCP for it.

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jul 2012, 21:48 »

FWIW, I can't really think of anything inappropriate about calling it what I did when somebody clearly says over and over that CCP made a game change because some of their designers used to be in a given alliance and gets roundly smacked by CCP for it.

I think your comments were inappropriate to this forum certainly (though was not I that reported them). Regardless of how you feel about another player you shouldn't use that kind of language.

And for the record your recollection of events is quite inaccurate. In the future please don't try and speak for me and my actions - I don't need or appreciate it.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #3 on: 03 Jul 2012, 21:50 »

Apologies, as it wasn't intended as an attack and I'm sorry for coming across that way. And I certainly wasn't attempting to speak for you in the least but providing my view from having read that thread.

EDIT: and for the record, not that it matters directly, my feelings about Jade are pretty neutral. He uses a high word count and that's about it.
« Last Edit: 03 Jul 2012, 21:53 by Casiella »

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #4 on: 03 Jul 2012, 21:52 »

This isn't really the place to carry on the debate, and the thread has been cleaned up. FWIW, I don't think that Casiella's comments were taken in the context they were intended, but given that it was very easy for them to be taken in a negative context, I erred on the side of moderation (as is often our custom, here).

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #5 on: 03 Jul 2012, 21:58 »

Apologies, as it wasn't intended as an attack and I'm sorry for coming across that way. And I certainly wasn't attempting to speak for you in the least but providing my view from having read that thread.

Well do understand that I really had to be pretty careful in the language I used on the eve-online discussion. At no point did I allege T20 style developer corruption there since saying such things are against those particular forum rules. For the record I think its more a case of developers coming from a 0.0 background and becoming taken up in all the 0.0 fanboyism expressed in the gaming media this summer that has led to poor design choices to the detriment of non 0.0 players. As for getting "beaten round the head" - I honestly think I gave as good as I got in the debate with Soundwave - other people seem to agree.

Still, apology accepted. No problems.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic