Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sansha Kuvakei was an industrial mogul before founding his Nation? Moar here.

Author Topic: New Gallente PF-mining  (Read 2166 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
New Gallente PF-mining
« on: 26 Dec 2011, 18:06 »

Here's what I extrapolated so far from articles that talk about or make reference to Gallente...this isn't everything new there but just the ones I picked.

Caille
- The Federation is possibly a "colonial alliance" in the same way as a ME-style Systems Alliance (ie. supranational authority)
- The Federation capital was moved from Luminaire to Villore at some point
- Gallente Prime has its own military independent of the Federation.
- Gallente history includes an "Age of the Ancients". Caille has a Roman-style ruin site of white marble called the City of the Ancients? Also 'Sanctuary of the Seventh Goddess' gives clues to Gallente religion.
- Caille is the capital of the Kingdom of Central Garoun; Gallente Prime still divided into nation-states.
- Fashion models may have previously been slaves or trafficked.

Solitude
- Solitude was previously independent and a sovereign area of space, then voluntarily joined; Federation equipped to peacefully absorb new territories.
- Federation planets prefer to rely on "highly-trained police paramilitaries" or PMCs for groundside security
- Federation is heavily decentralized. Planets retain legacy systems (see previous Gallente Prime example)
- Federation is minority-majority

Lirsautton
- Jin-Mei were at an interplanetary level of development before Federation first contact. Had colonized two planets. Technologically advanced?
- Traditional Jin-Mei name for Lirsautton is Mei-ha. Chakaux (p3) is Hulang, Chandeille (p5 homeworld) is Tei-Su. Changed to support Fed. Possible Jin-Mei obsession over Gallente culture? (ie. modern Japan and US?)

Fed Marines 62 B Company
- There are youth corps contingents of the Federation military
- Gallente special forces have a presence on Caldari Prime
- Highest overall decoration for Gallente citizens/soldiers is Hero of the Gallente Federation? (Hero of the Russian Federation trolol?)

There's more stuff, but I'm sleepy atm and cbb to look it up. Some real interesting stuff here. Post some of your stuff if you find anything interesting.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Re: New Gallente PF-mining
« Reply #1 on: 26 Dec 2011, 19:13 »

Didn't we already know the Federation capital was moved at some point from Luminaire to Villore?  Would it be to brash to assume it was moved "temporarily" at the outbreak of the First Gallente-Caldari War and just remained there after the war due to its length.

Will you be adjusting/updating your compilation page of populated worlds of the Federation?

Is the Fed Marines material new or just a consolidation of the events that unfold in EA:Chp 69?

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #2 on: 26 Dec 2011, 19:22 »

Good question re: my compilation thing, Dex. I'm not sure if it's worth finishing if CCP are gonna get around to doing all of this themselves (well, not every single planet I bet). I originally took the "Gallente Prime divided into nation-states" for that article from Vieve, and it seems to have turned out correct. Also, my guess as to how Solitude was colonized was completely wrong, so I'd need to get around to updating that but :effort: and exams soon. It's also worth waiting for when they flesh out Fed planetary politics...no idea how long we have to wait for that though :ccp:

No idea about the Fed Marines bit. They were mentioned in the previous FP under the "Military Units" page (i think it's still up). I don't have TEA so I can't confirm those events. Not sure it was that specific though.

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2011, 05:37 »

Yea  :roll:

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 27 Dec 2011, 07:36 »

Solitude
- Solitude was previously independent and a sovereign area of space, then voluntarily joined; Federation equipped to peacefully absorb new territories.

:bash: :bash: even more of a reason for Solitude to be connected to the core gallente regions, every space mogul and corporation in the Federation would have wanted a fast-track route to reach the market there....

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #5 on: 27 Dec 2011, 09:23 »

The Hueromont article is chock full of stuff too.  On the wish front, here's hoping we'll see expanded articles on all the bloodlines a la the Ni-Kunni in the near future.  I would be very excited to see that level of detail for the Intaki.  And, well, for the Gallente too.  And the Jin-Mei.  Ok, all of them!  Would also be great to get better insight on what things are like in Villore and/or how the Senate/President/Administration function in detail.

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #6 on: 27 Dec 2011, 11:05 »

The Hueromont article is chock full of stuff too.  On the wish front, here's hoping we'll see expanded articles on all the bloodlines a la the Ni-Kunni in the near future.  I would be very excited to see that level of detail for the Intaki.  And, well, for the Gallente too.  And the Jin-Mei.  Ok, all of them!  Would also be great to get better insight on what things are like in Villore and/or how the Senate/President/Administration function in detail.

I hope that too. I mean, I'm overjoyed the Ni-Kunni article was written, but hopefully we'll see ones on the other bloodlines that match its depth.

Even the unplayable ones like the Udorians and Mannar.