Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PIE Inc. (also known more formally as Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris) is the oldest pod-pilot corporation loyal to the Amarr Empire? Read more here

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Minmatar Cred and "Urdoinitrong" - wat  (Read 8234 times)

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: Minmatar Cred and "Urdoinitrong" - wat
« Reply #60 on: 15 Nov 2013, 20:58 »

It's always the same tyranny of the mainstream vs marginals. Don't worry too much, it's normal...
Late to the party here, but yeah.  Fuck mainstream.

I caught a lot of shit over Havo's behaviours (and as soon as I get going on my current plan, I expect more along those lines).  There was actually quite a lot of flack from EM over Havo's exploits back then.  This, however, was working as intended and Havo is also quite well established in his position in what is considered the Minnie bloc.  An outsider/fringe character who isn't lightly trifled with because of his/my penchant for dropping everything and clicking the wardec button.  To be honest, there're a few of you who're lucky I haven't got access to the wardec button right now...

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Isis Dea

• Radical Sebiestor Rebel
  • Clonejack
  • 327th Wing [Jaijii-Hnolku] - STPRO, Caldari State
    • Isis Dea's Posts
« Reply #61 on: 16 Nov 2013, 02:20 »

You ever wardec fellow Matari?  :twisted:

Btw, regulated wardecs, especially agreed upon ones that get to be made mutual (similar to RvsB and how they do their war) I think is incredibly healthy and gives you something fun within your group to do and catalog.

And if there are players who can't afford to take part, we put them on a list of "blue" to the opposing party and even draw an IC reason for how they're able to evade. (Shadow broker secret contacts, etc.) xD

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #62 on: 17 Nov 2013, 01:49 »

No, never dec'd fellow Matari.  At that time, Havo had himself convinced that he was all about the 'cause' and such.  However, he did want to wardec Electus Matari for saying mean things to/about him in his IGS press releases, but given that his corp consisted of 6 pilots and -EM- consisted of... well, many more than six pilots, he chose to keep his guns pointed at Amarrians and their supporters :D

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #63 on: 17 Nov 2013, 04:50 »

No, never dec'd fellow Matari.  At that time, Havo had himself convinced that he was all about the 'cause' and such.  However, he did want to wardec Electus Matari for saying mean things to/about him in his IGS press releases, but given that his corp consisted of 6 pilots and -EM- consisted of... well, many more than six pilots, he chose to keep his guns pointed at Amarrians and their supporters :D

The thing is. It is possible for a skilled small group to run rings around a more diverse large group. If you had chosen that path both of us would have had an interesting time of it.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #64 on: 17 Nov 2013, 19:36 »

I agree; all of our extortion/terrorism decs in Amarr highsec were against corps with much larger rosters.  The problem we would've been facing against -EM- was that you were/are also experienced in guerilla tactics.  We clearly would've gotten creamed :)

Twitter

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #65 on: 17 Nov 2013, 20:38 »

You. I like you. Can we be friends?
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #66 on: 18 Nov 2013, 12:56 »

Don't anyone ever forget a small but dedicated group of pvpers will absolutely demolish a large group of unmotivated players.

The rule of 'thirds' is always in effect for eve.

Take your opponents alliance/corp official member count and divide by at least three.  Reduce further by number of pilots you'll actually see in space.

If you have 5 or 6 active dedicated pvpers you'd be super surprised how much larger groups you can consistently trash.

I was ransoming huge groups of industrial corps and mobs in highsec with maybe 9 or 10 active pilots for a long time. 

Lyn Farel

« Reply #67 on: 18 Nov 2013, 13:32 »

Large groups usually have the risk to see a lot of their players either novice, badly coordinated, or just have a lot of non pvp members that can be attacked. Not that it is always the case since some of them are actually extremely well organized, but even with that in mind...

* Lyn Farel has a lot of bad and good experiences on the matter, the former in a big alliance and the later in a small corp.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]