EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > Player Driven Content

Amarr Bloc Discussion

(1/12) > >>

Ashar Kor-Azor:
I'm going to think about this some, but I don't think it's really a very good idea at all before:

-We write a good primer for new Amarr players
-We engage people at an individual level rather than corporations
-We ensure that no-one tries to play figurehead. No one corporation can be seen as the center of the bloc for at LEAST a good six-month period. Especially nothing as closed-off as PIE, which traditionally has been hell for the fringe to work with. I'm done picking up the pieces to the tune of ten recruits a week when core-bloc members turn people away for not following a draconian set of standards they can't even express.

It's messy and really not necessarily worth doing without support for such things. Honestly, if it's just quid-pro-quo bloc reorganization, fuckin' forget about it. That old structure is shot through with shit. It has to go if any kind of innovation is to reinvigorate roleplay in the game.

Laerise [PIE]:

--- Quote from: Ashar Kor-Azor on 18 Apr 2010, 16:16 ---Honestly, if it's just quid-pro-quo bloc reorganization, fuckin' forget about it. That old structure is shot through with shit. It has to go if any kind of innovation is to reinvigorate roleplay in the game.

--- End quote ---

So much for being nice and civil.  :roll:

Havohej:
I saw that as 'conversational profanity' rather than combativeness, myself.  Like, "Think the Habs are gonna win the cup?  Fuckin' forget about it!"  Based on the RP community's penchant for negative dramas in general, I think there's probably some merit to the idea that the old way of going about things carries a lot of heavy baggage that would be better off left behind.

That said, maybe rein it in a little if we can so it doesn't get out of hand :)

Ashar Kor-Azor:
Lae...Lae, look.

I didn't insult you, I expressed an opinion of what would best serve the community.

The old bloc structure may have accomplished a few things, but it does not strike me as something worth preserving. If you feel it is, carry on in your interests, but do so without me. I would rather seek to build institutions than cults of personality if I have the capacity to do so.

For the sake of real civility, I will treat you as someone I can confide in with whatever language I feel is appropriate, rather than rattle off a long list of adjectives about how fuckhorribly the bloc wrecked my game for years by being the self-balkanizing and recruit-shredding thing it was.

I expect nothing and hold you to no standards in return, except, you know, that you don't impose a singular perception of civility that gets upset when the kid gloves come off for things central to the experience of others.

And hav, u so biased. Shoulda modded meee : /

Havohej:

--- Quote from: Ashar Kor-Azor on 18 Apr 2010, 16:58 ---And hav, u so biased. Shoulda modded meee : /

--- End quote ---

It's not so much bias, really.. it's just that I like to drop a nice F-bomb every now and then (often) too; I might very well be overruled on this idea, but while I very, very much want the friendly, open, welcoming atmosphere we're all after I'd rather that not mean 'no cussing', y'know?

At any rate, my post above was personal opinion only...

[admin]...not an official comment ;)[/admin]

e: For my own information, could I ask you to possibly elaborate a little on what you mean when you talk about the old bloc structure, specifically in the recruit-shredding sense?  I wasn't around for that stuff (and would've been an outsider anyway), so I'm kinda curious about that stuff...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version