Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Khanid and Sansha ships were originally half lasers half missiles split ships?

Author Topic: Re: I need some input from you kind wonderful folks.  (Read 719 times)

Lyn Farel

I think you are missing part of my point, here. This bitterness about how others act in public that you and Veik are both mentioning, though from different perspectives, is part of what I am referring to as the solipsistic problem. The community no longer consists of people that roleplay exactly the way you want, with characters you want them to - thus everyone is either derpy or rude?

Bitterness and self-righteous cynicism is no less solipsistic than those who are being "rude" or committing nothing but "tenuous public interactions". There is a glass house here and you two folks are whipping rocks all over the damned place.

A glass house would exist if I honestly gave a shit anymore about what people think of my character. I don't. Neither do I care too much about other characters by and large. There's no rule that I have to engage in public interactions, especially when I find those public interactions by and large particularly onerous, and uninteresting if not just contrived bullshit. As far as I can see, the people that enjoy public RP can feel free to go right ahead and enjoy it.

I've recused myself from it, and established my own walls of non-participation because I personally don't enjoy it, and frankly when I've already given it an honest shot and all that I got was drama and bullshit, then I certainly don't feel like I'm sitting in a glass house.

A glass house would exist if you were not for once threading with strawmen.

A glass house would exist if I honestly gave a shit anymore about what people think of my character. I don't. Neither do I care too much about other characters by and large. There's no rule that I have to engage in public interactions, especially when I find those public interactions by and large particularly onerous, and uninteresting if not just contrived bullshit. As far as I can see, the people that enjoy public RP can feel free to go right ahead and enjoy it.

I've recused myself from it, and established my own walls of non-participation because I personally don't enjoy it, and frankly when I've already given it an honest shot and all that I got was drama and bullshit, then I certainly don't feel like I'm sitting in a glass house.

Obviously, you can play how you wish and enjoy what you wish. My point was simply that most of the excuses people have for bitterly separating themselves from RP can easily be, and often should be, attributed to them.

Thanks for the ad hominem.

Jace

• Veteran
Re: Re: I need some input from you kind wonderful folks.
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2014, 15:42 »

Thanks for the ad hominem.

Be more specific on where exactly you think I went ad hominem.

And yes, I agree you should stop using strawmen. It would be less easy for them to be used against you that way.

Edit: Or were you accusing Veik of strawmen? Your use of quotes can be unclear.
« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2014, 15:44 by Jace »

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: I need some input from you kind wonderful folks.
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2014, 18:36 »

[admin]Lyn: If you feel a post violates the rules, do not reply to it.  Report it.  Calling it out only invites flames.  In other words: flamebait.  Jace: Post catacombed for replying to moderated post; also, inviting escalation - in otherwords: flamebait.[/admin]

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.