Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The number of young, idealistic scientists found in Verge Vendor is disproportionately high? (Region Description)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Templar One [[Spoilers]]  (Read 39075 times)

Random Sentience

Re: Templar One [[Spoilers]]
« Reply #60 on: 23 Jan 2012, 19:34 »

Putting a person in a position requires the support of everyone supervising, cooperating or serving. Taking a person out of a position merely requires a man with a gun. This is why I suspect Heth won't be around much longer.
I think you forgot the part where Heth replaced everyone within gunshot distance with "totally loyal" individuals.

:s

There's also this little bit in Templar One where CONCORD saved his ass in return for a "favor".

He's got Script Immunity trained to level 5.  :psyccp:

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #61 on: 23 Jan 2012, 20:22 »

Putting a person in a position requires the support of everyone supervising, cooperating or serving. Taking a person out of a position merely requires a man with a gun. This is why I suspect Heth won't be around much longer.
I think you forgot the part where Heth replaced everyone within gunshot distance with "totally loyal" individuals.

First rule of government spending: why bribe one when you can have two at twice the price?

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #62 on: 23 Jan 2012, 22:22 »

Ha, I just realized that the good Tony is infringing on god-modding player characters by stating that Ishukone has been expelled from the Science and Trade Institute. It is one thing write about what some NPC did in a NPC corporation to trying to dictate what is happening in a corporation with a large amount of player characters. Especially as there is no game mechanic that expels you from STI if you show great support to Ishukone or claim to be an Ishukone citizen.

Or maybe Tony G is the only one allowed to say "you're doing it wrong". :|

There's also the fact that, following whenever Heth barred Ishukone students from the STI, any EVE players who decide to have their STI-graduated characters affiliated with Ishukone are officially doinitwrong.

At least, my understanding is you don't easily swap between Megas, so that's how it'd seem to me.

I think this is an unfortunate victim of the 20% cuts, honestly. If there was a full content/fiction team around that could match this (entirely logical) step with a quick series of news articles bringing this situation to a resolution, it would actually be one of the most reasonable things involving Heth to happen in a while. Unfortunately, we've sort of been left hanging instead, which puts it firmly into "...so what the hell do we do now?" territory.
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2012, 11:51 by Esna Pitoojee »
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Desiderya

« Reply #63 on: 24 Jan 2012, 06:33 »

The absence of news articles is a bit annoying, yes. :/
Especially considering that there were some events covered in TO that were kind of a bigger deal.

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #64 on: 24 Jan 2012, 12:22 »

...and I quickly lose any interest I had in reading this book or actually getting back to playing Eve again. *sigh* It doesn't sound like TonyG learned much at all since TEA, if that synopsis is at all accurate. Or, at least, it doesn't sound like this story is at all what I'm interested in anymore. Would be nice if realism entered into things in some vague way at some point, but...I think things are mostly unsalvageable for me at this point.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #65 on: 24 Jan 2012, 15:35 »

Well, the "good" news is that Tony is "out." The remaining Content people at CCP do all seem coherent.

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #66 on: 24 Jan 2012, 16:33 »

Well, the "good" news is that Tony is "out." The remaining Content people at CCP do all seem coherent.

The damage is already done, though, and I honestly have no idea how you walk back some of this stuff. It pretty much kills any good will I have towards Abraxas, Dropbear and the rest if tis went out and none of them stopped Tony to say "uh...you don't think you might want to dial some of this back a little?"

I have no desire to play a game where stuff happens by writer fiat rather than actually making sense, and as a long time Ishukone person (in more ways than one) I have no desire to play out the storyline described here. Jesus Christ. From the looks of some of this stuff, I think reading it might make me more angry than TEA did.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #67 on: 24 Jan 2012, 20:25 »

As a long time Kaalakiota/Mordu's Legion person I also have little desire left to interact in this story setting.   I need to spend less time playing video games anyway.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #68 on: 24 Jan 2012, 20:51 »

I have no desire to play a game

I also have little desire left to interact in this story setting.   I need to spend less time playing video games anyway.

:(

Kenpachi

• Clonejack
« Reply #69 on: 24 Jan 2012, 23:20 »

I have no desire to play a game

I also have little desire left to interact in this story setting.   I need to spend less time playing video games anyway.

:(

How to kill your RP community  :bash: :psyccp:

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #70 on: 25 Jan 2012, 00:12 »

Fuck it up so badly no-one wants to be part of it anymore?

Seems to work wonders for CCP, if this was their intent. If not, I can only hope they seriously start examining ways to get things back on track for 'makes sense' country.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #71 on: 25 Jan 2012, 01:06 »

There is not a retcon plausible enough to remove the damage that TonyG has done to New Eden.

'They all woke up and the past four years was just a bad dream.'

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Shaalira

• Egger
« Reply #72 on: 25 Jan 2012, 01:17 »

There is not a retcon plausible enough to remove the damage that TonyG has done to New Eden.

'They all woke up and the past four years was just a bad dream.'

"End simulation."

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #73 on: 25 Jan 2012, 02:27 »

[mod]Rather than go through and eviscerate the thread, I want to remind everyone that no matter how right you think you are, other people can have an opinion, and even if you think it is obviously wrong, that doesn't mean it is. Even if there is a lot to support your point of view, that doesn't mean it's the only one. (This is particularly true when trying to sift truths from PF, as it is uneven at best). There will be disagreements. Please keep discussion on topic and avoid trying to present your opinion as fact.Remember, we aren't here to win arguments, we are here to have discussions. Drowning out other people's views because they disagree with you is a quick way to a warning.[/mod]

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #74 on: 25 Jan 2012, 10:52 »

If I knew this was going to be the result of my post, I simply wouldn't have provided the service.

Roleplayers, for all their purported imagination and creativity, appear to be utterly inflexible in terms of adapting to changing circumstances or contradictions to their ingrained, emotionally-based belief systems. I'm not sure what else to say other than to add: Perhaps you should try to read the book, rather than committing character suicide?

The purpose of eve online, from the get-go, is not to be comforted and reassured that what we hold to be true is correct, but to experience conflict, intense and violent conflict, with opposing views/events and dealing with that, and becoming better for it. Hence the term "Crucible" in the latest expansion.

Let's try to have some reflection before we assail some person's existence and spit on his work.

Eve online, much like real life, always rewards engagement over disengagement. Making an effort to participate is 90% of the battle. That's always been my opinion whenever some faction I've aligned with has had things go south; Gallente Federation, Anti-Sansha, Synenose Accord, etc.

Regarding the events in the Caldari State, let me ask you this: Otro Gariushi was killed, and Tibus Heth profited on the result. What part of this makes Ishukone likely to be buddy-buddy with Heth, ever again? And when Heth gives mandatory orders for military participation on said company, wouldn't divergence of Ishukone from Heth become the inevitable result?

What I don't understand is that people continuously muddy the waters and suggest that Tibus Heth 'is' the State. The personal of Heth claims as much, certainly, but that is not the case. The Caldari State waged their civil war and left the Federation because of intrusive government and cultural control by a central authority. Has Tibus Heth not become what the Caldari once hated so thoroughly?
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2012, 11:00 by Julianus Soter »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14