Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ishukone corporation manufactures the mind altering Transcranial Microcontroller?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: EVE - Origins Trailer  (Read 8329 times)

Creep

• Omelette
Re: EVE - Origins Trailer
« Reply #15 on: 27 Apr 2013, 17:37 »

...Why wasn't she in pod goo?

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #16 on: 27 Apr 2013, 17:41 »

One can only assume it's a representation of how the capsuleer sees herself.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #17 on: 27 Apr 2013, 17:42 »

But...we see ourselves as our ships. Through camera drones.

(I'd say it's for dramatic visual storytelling, actually, and pretty well-done at that.)

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #18 on: 27 Apr 2013, 18:40 »

The "empires fear us" part of the trailer gives me the shivers for some reason.
-OOChé

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #19 on: 27 Apr 2013, 19:01 »

The trailer was extremely well-done visually (I liked the Terran ships. Currently debating whether they are cobbled together from existing technical assets or entirely new models).

However. Call me a bittergrump, but there are two things PFwise in this trailer that really bug me. One is of course the "your original body is terminated" thing - I'm not terribly fond of the idea either.

The other is that CCP really needs to figure out whether we're independent of CONCORD / the Big 4 or not. A lot of the promotional material spins the capsuleers as completely unbound, but the reality of what we can do ingame (not just balance-driven mechanics, but certain things CCP has made a deliberate choice not to let us do) suggest we are on a far tighter leash.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #20 on: 27 Apr 2013, 19:04 »

They will need to resolve CONCORD if things will move in that direction. Any 'uprising' will be short indeed while they still hold all the puppet strings.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #21 on: 27 Apr 2013, 19:15 »

Hahahahaha, you can all join me as immortal demigods bereft of your original bodies.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #22 on: 27 Apr 2013, 21:53 »

The trailer was extremely well-done visually (I liked the Terran ships. Currently debating whether they are cobbled together from existing technical assets or entirely new models).

However. Call me a bittergrump, but there are two things PFwise in this trailer that really bug me. One is of course the "your original body is terminated" thing - I'm not terribly fond of the idea either.

The other is that CCP really needs to figure out whether we're independent of CONCORD / the Big 4 or not. A lot of the promotional material spins the capsuleers as completely unbound, but the reality of what we can do ingame (not just balance-driven mechanics, but certain things CCP has made a deliberate choice not to let us do) suggest we are on a far tighter leash.
I don't buy the "CONCORD can pull the plug on our clones" idea. There are way too many pirates, pirate-faction-loyalists, suicide gankers, and terrorists running about unchecked for that to be a reality. Hell, they wouldn't even have to pull the plug on all of us ne'er-do-wells, just a few of the big names. That kind of message would end the Hulkageddons and suchlike quick.

Sec-Status Hits have been cited by Live Event actors as the CONCORD Big Threat. Please.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #23 on: 27 Apr 2013, 22:31 »

This. I loved the video, but this troubled me enormously. I understand it's not as cool visually as a cockpit... but still, it's a main thing in EVE lore. :(

Still, video is great.

Dewgong

• The Seacow
  • Clonejack
« Reply #24 on: 27 Apr 2013, 22:33 »

Holy tits that trailer was epic.

Makes me miss Eve more than I already was <_<

too bad the game isn't anywhere near as fun as it was a few years ago though =/

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #25 on: 27 Apr 2013, 22:45 »

I don't buy the "CONCORD can pull the plug on our clones" idea. There are way too many pirates, pirate-faction-loyalists, suicide gankers, and terrorists running about unchecked for that to be a reality. Hell, they wouldn't even have to pull the plug on all of us ne'er-do-wells, just a few of the big names. That kind of message would end the Hulkageddons and suchlike quick.

I never said a thing about 'pulling the plug' - CONCORD's evident controls are much more subtle. I'll note here that I am not a huge fan of the "CONCORD holds you on a super-tight leash" dynamic any more than I am the "hahahaha, we are utterly free and unbound" one, but there are a great many hints that we are being constrained in some fashion by the very capsule technology we use - for instance, why can we not easily scan down enormous empire naval yards in highsec? They obviously exist, but we can't even catch a mere hint of them on our scanners.

Sec-Status Hits have been cited by Live Event actors as the CONCORD Big Threat. Please.

This is worth a whole separate discussion on the cast of tools available for Dev Actors to 'hit back' at players opposing their IC goals.

EDIT: Well, it seems the 'Terran ship' is an entirely new model, which was also teased at via the art panel.
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2013, 22:54 by Esna Pitoojee »
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #26 on: 27 Apr 2013, 23:02 »

EDIT: Well, it seems the 'Terran ship' is an entirely new model, which was also teased at via the art panel.

It is also the model used in the new exploration sites.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #27 on: 28 Apr 2013, 00:17 »

Ermergehrd someone call the doctor, my ovaries!!1111111111111!!!!!!!111
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #28 on: 28 Apr 2013, 03:12 »

Here's a fun one for you guys: that trailer may replace the ingame intro video. Don't remember which dev I was talking to last night that said it, though; I kinda stopped keeping track after midnight or so.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #29 on: 28 Apr 2013, 03:55 »

Here's a fun one for you guys: that trailer may replace the ingame intro video. Don't remember which dev I was talking to last night that said it, though; I kinda stopped keeping track after midnight or so.

So we're finally going to do away with the 'rawr, look at me I'm a spaceship' video in lieu of what's essentially a rehash of the original intro? :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6