Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

DED has very long-standing military laws governing the conduct of its officers.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Dev Post: [Odyssey] Tech 1 Battleships  (Read 10390 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Dev Post: [Odyssey] Tech 1 Battleships
« Reply #60 on: 09 Apr 2013, 14:10 »

To my eyes, the huge golden hulls firing lazors with their mighty presence have always been apocalypses. The apocalypse is the epitome of Amarr supremacy and golden fleets.

Seeing it turned into a drone/neuting platform... Too blood raider to my tastes.

Just as well it's the 'Geddon that's becoming the neut boat then  ;)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #61 on: 09 Apr 2013, 14:14 »

heh heh heh

Lyn Farel

« Reply #62 on: 09 Apr 2013, 14:22 »

To my eyes, the huge golden hulls firing lazors with their mighty presence have always been apocalypses. The apocalypse is the epitome of Amarr supremacy and golden fleets.

Seeing it turned into a drone/neuting platform... Too blood raider to my tastes.

Just as well it's the 'Geddon that's becoming the neut boat then  ;)

We already have the Bhaalgorn, so... It sounds more natural. vOv

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #63 on: 09 Apr 2013, 14:37 »

Eh.

The changes to the Armageddon as listed are going to require buffs to the Bhaalgorn to make it worth flying.

A single Armageddon may have less neuting power than a single Bhaalgorn, but it will have more range to do its thing and be far cheaper - cheaper to the point that it will still be cheaper to field the number of Armageddons equivalent to a single Bhaalgorn (two or three, if I've done my math right).

The web range bonus that the Bhaalgorn has doesn't really outweigh the utility of a neut/nos range bonus.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #64 on: 09 Apr 2013, 14:38 »

Bhaalgorn won't be worth spit now. 

Why pay billions when you can do the same thing for 1/5 the price?

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #65 on: 09 Apr 2013, 14:52 »

You can't.

Bhaalgorn with BS 5 neuts as much as 12.5 neuts.

Geddon with BS 5 neuts as much as 7 neuts, at longer range. For killing triage/capitals you're considerably better off with the bhaalgorn. For putting the hurt on kiters and logi, the geddon will have a role.

Sure, you can blob geddons to neut out caps, but hell, you used to be able to do that with hurricanes.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #66 on: 09 Apr 2013, 14:55 »

Because it doesn't do the same? Bhaal has 12.25 effective neuts compared to the geddon's 7. Geddon is great if you want a cheap neuting ship but it won't compare to the Bhaalgorn.

fakeedit: sniped by kala

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #67 on: 09 Apr 2013, 15:03 »

Have you guys seen the raven?

*drool*

Look how fast it is!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #68 on: 09 Apr 2013, 15:05 »

Two Geddons is still less than half the price of a single Bhaalgorn, guys. That is the disparity Silas and I are talking about.

There's no reason to field a Bhaalgorn when you can just throw two Geddons at the problem for less than half the price.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #70 on: 09 Apr 2013, 15:06 »

Neut range ridiculously more important than amount in 90% of pvp, unless you are sitting still on a capital trying to suck them dry.

Yes the Bhaal sucks more cap, but it doesn't suck 10x more cap. 

For what I currently pay for a decently fit bhaal I'll fit up 3 new geddons and an ashimmu and eat your lunch every day of the week.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #71 on: 09 Apr 2013, 15:22 »

For a similarly fit geddon (DB Neuts, faction tank, etc.) You'll be lucky to fit two geddons for the price of one bhaalgorn. Note that mineral requirements might be heading upwards for current tier 1 hulls.

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #72 on: 09 Apr 2013, 15:27 »

For a similarly fit geddon (DB Neuts, faction tank, etc.) You'll be lucky to fit two geddons for the price of one bhaalgorn. Note that mineral requirements might be heading upwards for current tier 1 hulls.

I think you are missing my point in that I don't need to similarly fit it.

I can fit many of them cheaply for less money in total and outperform the fancy ship.

As someone who currently uses the fancy ship in pvp it makes me sadface. It's not so special anymore.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #73 on: 09 Apr 2013, 15:42 »

I think you are missing my point in that I don't need to similarly fit it.

I can fit many of them cheaply for less money in total and outperform the fancy ship.

As someone who currently uses the fancy ship in pvp it makes me sadface. It's not so special anymore.

I'm not missing the point at all, I think you're just falling for the hyperbole. You don't gain that much range from the Bhaalgorn unless you do  faction fit it. 8km is rather trival considering you'll get an extra 5 neuts worth of cap warfare onto your target.

I also think that a range bonus really isn't that overpowered. Take Kala's two neut setup; no one really bats an eyelid at two neuts these days. And kiting gangs can operate well past that range. (lol rapier/huginn and Arazu/lachesis keeping you webbed/pointed from 60km).

It's a nice bonus to the Geddon, for real. But it isn't taking the Bhaalgorn's place as neut king.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #74 on: 09 Apr 2013, 15:49 »

Not dethroning on a 1v1 comparison by any means but these ships for the price scale to laughable overpowered effectiveness. Whereas before you would see small numbers of a specialized / expensive ship for that kind of work now you are going to see cheap BS gangs flooded with extremely effective and long ranged neuting.

It's going to be horribad for people on the other side of these things.  If this goes through as currently planned I promise the tears will fill oceans.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9