Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Blood Raiders are part of an ancient cultist faction called Sani Sabik, which first appeared on Amarr Prime thousands of years ago? Read more here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Dev Post: [Odyssey] Tech 1 Battleships  (Read 10366 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Dev Post: [Odyssey] Tech 1 Battleships
« Reply #30 on: 08 Apr 2013, 13:51 »

Lyn: It seems more like the Typhoon is being cemented into its current standard (?) role of torps and neuts, while the Geddon is being made into a cheaper Bhaalgorn.

You can put guns or missiles on the new Geddon, but even with drones I'm not sure if it'll get more DPS than an equivalent Typhoon.

I think you are correct here the DPS will be a good deal lower, but we are assuming the utility flexibility will make up for it.  Going to be a lot of fitting-fu to get cap xfers and RR xfers worked out to the right levels but you are going to be looking at some awfully nasty spider setups with huge survivability but lowered dps.  But with the neuts it's not like targets are going to be going anywhere, and half of the weapons you'll be facing will be neuted out.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #31 on: 08 Apr 2013, 13:53 »

That was the idea I was getting at. If you want DPS-with-neuts, you go with Typhoon gangs.

If you want to make cap-hungry fleets shit their pants, you use Armageddons instead.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #32 on: 08 Apr 2013, 13:56 »

Okay.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #33 on: 08 Apr 2013, 13:58 »

Domi changes ok-ish
Mega changes ok-ish
Hype changes wth are you trying to achieve.

Cause domi "might" be a sniping platform, but at TiDi >30% deploying and engaing with drones is a pain.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #34 on: 08 Apr 2013, 14:01 »

Um.. I'm going to need to wait for Namamai's EFT fu to confirm this, but I think the raven is going to be.. fast. Like, MWD'ing BC kind of fast.

THE RETURN OF THE CAVALRY RAVEN (hopefully)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #35 on: 08 Apr 2013, 14:03 »

Too bad that the missiles are faster too, so no torpball. Still, kinda like it.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #36 on: 08 Apr 2013, 14:40 »

I think one of the big takeaways is we will be seeing a LOT more torps and maybe cruise missiles in PVP, as opposed to...zero now.

This means Defender missiles and the suggested missile disruption ewar need to be implemented as a counter.  Otherwise... gonna be painful.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #37 on: 08 Apr 2013, 14:43 »

Smartbombs still work against missiles?

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #38 on: 08 Apr 2013, 14:44 »

Yes they do.

Also, cap batteries. Reduce neut amount. Expect more of them.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #39 on: 08 Apr 2013, 19:14 »

I am not sure how I feel about the Disruption Battleship (Scorpion) being the same HP as Attack Battleships without the maneuverability of an ABS.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #40 on: 08 Apr 2013, 20:33 »

I'd personally love to see defender missiles come back into use.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #41 on: 08 Apr 2013, 22:48 »

I like the Geddon and Phoon changes. The Geddon might get some use now rather than playing second fiddle to the Baddon.

I think the Gallente changes are bad. Mostly the Hyperion.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #42 on: 09 Apr 2013, 00:49 »

Originally for T3 battleships the Amarrians were expecting something akin to the new Geddon instead of the Abaddon.

But  :psyccp:

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #43 on: 09 Apr 2013, 00:56 »

Torp geddon is not particularly OP actually. It has some rather major cpu problems.

Vikarion

« Reply #44 on: 09 Apr 2013, 01:37 »

I think one of the big takeaways is we will be seeing a LOT more torps and maybe cruise missiles in PVP, as opposed to...zero now.

This means Defender missiles and the suggested missile disruption ewar need to be implemented as a counter.  Otherwise... gonna be painful.

I've tried using torpedoes in PvP. They can't hit anything under a dreadnought at full stop for full damage. Unless CCP buffs torps, there is never a reason, EVER, to fly a Raven if you can fly a Megathron or, with this change, an Apocalypse.

Also, the resist change? Utterly fucking stupid, and looks like it's the brainchild of someone who has never tried using one of the resist BS's. The Abaddon does less damage than the Megathron or Armageddon, and runs out of cap faster than the Armageddon or Apoc. There's almost no reason to fly it now, after this, there will be no reason to fly it at all, ever. The Rokh is also a complete piece of crap compared with its competitors right now, with the Megathron, Armageddon, and Abaddon being better at close-up than it is, and the Maelstrom, Tempest, and Apocalypse being better at sniping. With this nerf, you might as well delete it from the game.

As for the Typhoon, well, it's about time. :P  Not sure how I feel about the Armageddon being completely made over, will need to see how that turns out. Dominix was already really powerful, it will probably be OP now, but that's ok, since I have one or two.  :twisted: Seriously, Domi will ruin small gangs if done right after this. As for the Megathron, I don't know why they are trying to break what's just fine, but CCP does that.

Overall, I think this patch is largely a nerf to the areas where battleships shine (reliable damage dealing and tanking) and a buff to areas where a T2 or pirate ship is already better, and will continue to be better. IOW, battleships will remain largely irrelevant.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9