Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 'Heaven' constellation in Curse is the former location of the Third Jove Empire and the current headquarters of the vast Angel Cartel?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Sending a message about Incarna and the future of EVE  (Read 12178 times)

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
  • :3
    • Veto Corp.Com
Re: Sending a message about Incarna and the future of EVE
« Reply #15 on: 23 Jun 2011, 13:04 »

[ ] Load Station Environment

Problem solved.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #16 on: 23 Jun 2011, 13:06 »

I am completely and totally on board with the concept of WiS. Sci fi simulator? Great, that's why I'm here. Technical and design details? I can work through those.

Eviscerating core gameplay under the guise of convenience? No. I want to stay, but I want EVE to still be EVE for me to do that.

edit: verone took the words straight from my mouth. He even pirates WORDS!

Jev North

« Reply #17 on: 23 Jun 2011, 13:08 »

Yeah, I'm predicting that "temporary fix" is going to be around for a while.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #18 on: 23 Jun 2011, 13:20 »

Problem solved.

One problem solved, but given that commentary/complaint has focused on the MT issue far more than the underwhelming nature of CQ itself, I doubt very much that that's going to result in many people being dragged back from the edge of the cliff.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #19 on: 23 Jun 2011, 13:27 »

The station environment is far and away not the problem with which I'm struggling. Not even close.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #20 on: 23 Jun 2011, 13:35 »

The station environment is far and away not the problem with which I'm struggling. Not even close.

Same. Don't care much about CQ or the vanity items (besides the stupidity of the pricing but  :psyccp:).
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #21 on: 23 Jun 2011, 14:21 »

Im also starting to get quite fed up with their incompetence for what Merdaneth stated, added to the fact I cant condone their "hidden" microtransactions anymore. So like most of you I am waiting for now, with a sad look on my face. There is no excellence in what they are doing. No consistency, lack of general coherence.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 23 Jun 2011, 14:33 »

Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Lydia Tishal

• Wetgraver
« Reply #23 on: 23 Jun 2011, 16:06 »

Frankly, if CCP was a perfectly sane and rational organization, Eve probably wouldn't exist. So if someone has to occasionally tow them out of the weeds and plop them back on their wheels, so be it. :)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #24 on: 23 Jun 2011, 16:41 »

Problem solved.

^This.

Frankly that you devote this much time to whining about this and even un-subbing in a vain attempt to change CCP's mind is baffling to me. It won't achieve much... besides depriving the rest of us the joy of playing with you all, let alone your joy of gaming.

Now ofc if that joy simply don't exist anymore, genuinely, then good luck and have fun finding other things to entertain you wish. And I mean that in all seriousness.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #25 on: 23 Jun 2011, 16:47 »

CQ is beside the point for many frustrated players, as we've made clear. Verone's post may indeed represent a response for the players who just want spaceships but has nothing to do with the very large and very real issue of purchasing game progression directly.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: 23 Jun 2011, 16:56 »

CQ is beside the point for many frustrated players, as we've made clear. Verone's post may indeed represent a response for the players who just want spaceships but has nothing to do with the very large and very real issue of purchasing game progression directly.

Even with a certain leaked memo, is there any reason to think this is a plan, as opposed to a proposal?

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #27 on: 23 Jun 2011, 16:58 »

The idea that one can purchase progress is not yet confirmed by CCP, IIRC. Not standing, not anything else. I'll likely freak out when/if they do but from what I hear it's highly unlikely that anything claiming you can or will be able to, is legit.

When the feature is announced and out and people are doing it... yeah, I might give it a bit more flak and/or attention. IF and when.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #28 on: 23 Jun 2011, 17:02 »

That certainly strikes me as a reasonable response. I hope that the message they've gotten over the last 24ish hours means you won't have to deal with that.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #29 on: 23 Jun 2011, 17:14 »

That certainly strikes me as a reasonable response. I hope that the message they've gotten over the last 24ish hours means you won't have to deal with that.

For all our sakes, I hope so too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7