Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Liberation Front used local civilian employees in its orbital production facility known as Prosperity Station? Read more about it here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Incarna 1.0  (Read 9889 times)

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
Re: Incarna 1.0
« Reply #30 on: 21 Jun 2011, 23:42 »

Well, I've never had good performance with walkingincarnambulation. That's roughly what I had in the character creator too.

As for space...well, I haven't benchmarked my performance recently, but my instinct is that it may have improved slightly. Haven't done much with it yet though. :shrug:
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #31 on: 21 Jun 2011, 23:44 »

And wouldn't you know it, the day I decide to return to EVE, CCP decides my laptop is too shitty to ever play their game again. >>
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Shal Novastorm

• Wetgraver
« Reply #32 on: 21 Jun 2011, 23:49 »

Working just fine for me on my lappie.

Noble prices, well those are terrible but...they can come down at least? I don't know, nothing on it interests me yet so not a huge deal yet, but god damn if they're asking sixty bucks for that monocle we have issues.

Anyway, CQ, cool, I like it, makes me smile, but doesn't really 'do' much yet. I mean, I respect it as a cool look, but until we get some actual station stuff we have nothing to really say beyond 'yep, sure is a thing'.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: 22 Jun 2011, 01:16 »

Yeah, they really did price that monocle as though it were crafted out of electron-caged antimatter. At this point, you can easily buy and fit a carrier for the ISK-equivalent you pay for it.

Otherwise? CQ slows my system, but is still a ways from crashing it, and getting to watch teeny little Aria strolling around her domain is a treat and a half.

Makes character visualization MUCH easier, and I can't even walk out the door yet!

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #34 on: 22 Jun 2011, 01:20 »

God knows I've been an Incarna defender for years, but this release leaves me with a taste of urinal cake on my tongue.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #35 on: 22 Jun 2011, 01:38 »

CQ runs at about 10FPS, and my machine is pretty solid. Was running EVE at maxed settings before, and now I have trouble running it on low ones in station. Guess I'm going to have to stare at a rusty door when I want to get anything done.

Somewhat pissed they scrapped the old hanger view. I vaguely recall CCP promising that they'd keep CQ/Incarna/Etc Optional, which implied they'd have a button to use it in the regular hanger.

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger
« Reply #36 on: 22 Jun 2011, 02:23 »

My price checker alt thinks it's totally worth it and is tired of that reporter's disingenuous assertions:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Will work for pretty sig.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #37 on: 22 Jun 2011, 02:24 »

More info re: clothing:

Quote from: CCP Zinfandel
Thanks for bringing this up. And I did chuckle at the great "killmail" above.

We finalized on the following characteristics:
-clothing are destructible while in your cargo (like anything else)
-clothing are not destroyed if podded while worn - you will wake up in your new clone wearing the same outfit
-clothing does not travel with you if you take advantage of a jump clone - it remains in the previous station
-items such as the eye implants or Amarr monocles which are installed in the body do NOT behave like implants but can be removed and put on again at will (or even resold.)

We believe these settings best serve both our current population as well as those players who come later and learn to play EVE Online without the benefit of a specific briefing on the new functionality.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1532513&page=1#29
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Aodha Khan

« Reply #38 on: 22 Jun 2011, 02:27 »

Worst expansion ever. I'm closing one of my accounts in protest. If this crap continues, I'm out for good after playing since beta.

So much to do to with areas of Eve they never finished or just left to rot like FW, Bounty hunting, epic arcs for BR/Sansha, pirate stations etc etc.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #39 on: 22 Jun 2011, 02:32 »

Yeah, they really did price that monocle as though it were crafted out of electron-caged antimatter. At this point, you can easily buy and fit a carrier for the ISK-equivalent you pay for it.

That one monocle costs more in terms of ISK than all of my ships in my hangar, with the exception of perhaps one or two of them. Neither of which is my carrier (which probably runs about 1b, given price changes - it'd be closer to 750-800m by the price of the hull I originally purchased it at) - we're talking more than 1.3 billion ISK for a fucking eye implant.

CQ is cute, but all told, it's an utterly fucking useless waste of CPU/GPU resources that should not have been released for another couple months, and destroys a good chunk of immersion. (See the thread on the Assembly Hall about making CQ optional. I'm not getting into that again here.)

Really, the only part of this expansion that was even remotely a success was the new turret graphics, and the new Maller hull model. The Agent Finder is the only completely new feature worth a damn, and that's because it actually makes something more efficient - finding available agents that meet your requirements quickly, instead of having to use eve-agents.com or going through the list of agents in the corporations' showinfo windows one by one.

I'm extremely unimpressed with this expansion. I love EVE, and I think CCP are pretty good in comparison to a large number of companies out there, but Incarna honestly makes the original iteration of FW look like a nugget of gold in comparison.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #40 on: 22 Jun 2011, 02:55 »

I am mostly saddened that I am still not able to see other peoples faction standings or show off my own. One of my primary motivators and feeling of immersion (define the story of my characters through who they interact with within the game) seems gone for good. :(

The prices on cloth are ridiculous; though learning that it cannot be destroyed when worn justifies the price a little.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #41 on: 22 Jun 2011, 03:26 »

After seeing the initial tid-bits on SiSi, I became very skeptical. Now with things on Tranquility, I am beyond skeptical.

We knew there would be no real content to speak off, so I'll skip commenting on that. Performance-wise, looking at my computer and hearing all the stories, this is a overheating, game-slowing disaster.

Most of all, the art assets in this are just bad. The design is quite terrible. The quarters itself is supposed to be crummy, I get that, but it isn't crummy in a way that delivers, it's crummy in a way that a kid with 3DS MAX could do better. The lighting is terrible. The clothing is beyond terrible. /facepalm "The sense of scale" with the ship hangar is not there.

If I was a newbie, these things would unsell me on the game immediately. No way will I be inviting the players that had previously avoided the game, but expressed interest when they heard about proper avatars being introduced.

I have a hard time believing this is done by the same company as previous expansions.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #42 on: 22 Jun 2011, 03:58 »

"The sense of scale" with the ship hangar is not there.
He, when I first entered my hangar I had an Ibis as active ship. It seemed rather large for a space ship. Then I change active ship to a Fenrir freighter. It felt equally large...
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #43 on: 22 Jun 2011, 05:16 »

Ibis is 64 meters long. Closest wet-navy examples would be large fast assault craft or small corvettes (though the Ibis is almost as high as it's long - cut the stern deck off a Braunschweig class and you're pretty close). Civilian examples would be megayachts. Fenrir, on the other hand, is almost two kilometers long, dwarfing all existing wet-navy ships. In other words, should your character be able to walk in the hangar beside the Fenrir, it would take approximately 20 minutes of fast walking to go from bow to stern.

But yes. Hangar lacks anything we could compare for the scale. The ship designs themselves are horrible with all kinds of blinky lights and details that look great at first sight, but are scaled totally wrong. (Huge cockpits, multiple-meters wide holes in armour plating, let's not get started that exhaust locations don't really make sense as thrusters, but they probably are just exhaust from power generation, with real drives being some kind of reactionless drives.)

The RMT shoppe is funny, the prices suggest that it's a rich kids show off e-peen lengthener, but the designs suggest a bargain bin store.

(For ship sizes: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DavikRendar/EVE-ships-Tyrannis.jpg and http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DavikRendar/EVE-ships-subcap-Tyrannis.jpg for dimensions measured from the ship models.)
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2011, 05:19 by Mithfindel »

Jev North

« Reply #44 on: 22 Jun 2011, 05:16 »

I absolutely love the new turrets.

Beyond that, it's pretty meh. The captain's quarters look.. nice, but I predict I and a whole lot of people with me will have that little "no captain's quarters plz" switch set a grand majority of the time. It takes a good long time to load, and walking my avatar around inside it feels like I've recently had a major cerebrovascular accident and the floor is covered in three inches of molasses. I understand they're going for maximum realism, but first-person view and a more FPS "feel" to the controls would not hurt at all. Immersion's nice, but I want to be immersed in something responsive. Or a nice space battle. A responsive space battle.

Also, someone should take these guys aside and quietly explain what the "micro" in "microtransaction" means.
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2011, 05:19 by Jev North »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6