Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sleepers are an ancient culture that disappeared?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Incarna 1.0  (Read 9887 times)

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
Re: Incarna 1.0
« Reply #15 on: 21 Jun 2011, 20:32 »

yeah, new computer, top of the line, ran 4 clients without blinking, now a single client has it running at OMGI'MWORKINGSOHARD - with settings at minimum.

Now that scares me. My computer isn't top-of-the-line, brand-new, and had problems with the character creator before Incarna 1.0.

I guess I'll find out when I get home in 2 or 3 hours.
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #16 on: 21 Jun 2011, 20:34 »

Guess I will be dropping down to 1 account per CCP design.

Citizen 31

« Reply #17 on: 21 Jun 2011, 20:52 »

Yeah... I can't enjoy this expansion with my current computer.  I can enjoy beautiful space battles at full settings yet the CQ is kind of not fun.  Low settings visuals are not great.  It reminds me of Shepherd's apartment in that one DLC module for Mass Effect.  Even then, it's stuttering and dark, and still makes me want to play Mass Effect rather than walk around a CQ or stare at a wall while I talk to my agent or chat.

It's also lonely.

But yeah, social spaces are not going to be that successful if this is the result.  Not everyone can afford top of the line computers (or even decent computers under $500), and if even low settings for low end computers are unplayable with solo content, it's going to be far, far worse with social spaces.

On top of that, the outrageous PLEX cost for the "vanity" items is just a slap in the face.  Also, what's the point of vanity items if there are no social areas?  I mean, seriously!  Pants?  Skirts?  All we see of someone else is a picture from the shoulders up.

Also, what happened to the fashion designers they hired to design clothing?  The architects to design social areas?  The economists that have experience in microtransactions and real world economics?

Yeah, sorry, not going to fall into this particular scheme.  :psyccp:  I could even cancel my subscription to save up money for a new PS3 so I can play Mass Effect 3 next year.

Or, you know, I'll stick around to see what changes in the next few days... I'm here mostly for the RP and the fiction.  :cube:

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 21 Jun 2011, 21:02 »

Takes me 5 minutes to launch EvE now, and lags on login with low settings. Running at 7 FPS in space with no turret/missile effects.

Seems my Geforce 6200 has failed me finally...  :oops:

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 21 Jun 2011, 21:16 »

Well, not to troll, but that should have failed you a very long time ago.

Right now I'm just pretty damn bewildered at the NEX prices fiasco, and 99% of the time I tend toward being on CCP's side...

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger
« Reply #20 on: 21 Jun 2011, 21:22 »

I'm still patching with 150 megs to go, so just from what I've read:

- I'd like it if they gave two separate graphics settings you could adjust: one for space and another for in stations.

- Why, oh why, did they ever decide that you automatically leave the pod every time you dock instead of adding a button to station services or the NEOCOM? If I'm hopping to a new ship in a hurry, just dropping off cargo before undocking again, running missions, or such, I doubt I'd take the time to unload the pod, drain the ectoplasm, cough up the ectoplasm in my lungs, get cleaned up, walk to my room, poke at holographic buttons to do what I could have done with a thought from my pod and crew or dock workers, turn around to get back in the pod, reconnected to the pod, flooded back up with ectoplasm, and reconnect the pod to the ship every single time I dock.

- I remember Zinfandel saying during AT that his group would be adjusting AUR prices as they see the reactions instead of leaving them set in stone from the start. Happily, that means they might make more sense by the time clothes actually worth buying are released, because the current selection I've seen is ...bad. I do hope the current Scorpion from AUR magic vending machine is priced crazy high, though, and stays that way until they make it include the trade in of a vanilla Scorpie.

But, the whole thing makes me happy, because they've been promising ambulation/WiS/Incarna since before I started playing over three years ago, and it's finally starting to appear! It's been the number one thing I've wanted since the beginning. Unlock the cell doors so I can go see everyone! *\o/*
Will work for pretty sig.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 21 Jun 2011, 21:29 »

I have been using it since 04 and it has treated me well over the years.

I am using this piece of crap since 03-04. (Dell Computer Corp. 0K0057)

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #22 on: 21 Jun 2011, 22:07 »

I don't think I've seen so much backlash...hopefully things change.

Acerba

• Clonejack
« Reply #23 on: 21 Jun 2011, 22:49 »

I'm disappointed by the patch.

Although the Captain's Quarters are neat, the Noble Exchange prices are just... yeah.  I was hoping that the prices would be low enough to buy multiple nifty little accessories with a single PLEX =\
You can conceal sadism in technical language or flowery words, but its still just as fun to watch. Especially if tentacles are part of it.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #24 on: 21 Jun 2011, 22:59 »

I realize they're Icelandic, but do they not have a dictionary to look up what 'micro' means?

But yeah. I get between 2.5 and 3 FPS in CQ, with minimum settings, and severe load times. Keeping that setting off until I can't anymore.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
« Reply #25 on: 21 Jun 2011, 23:05 »

I have been using it since 04 and it has treated me well over the years.

I am using this piece of crap since 03-04. (Dell Computer Corp. 0K0057)

Please do not mercykill Frankenstein.......  :(

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #26 on: 21 Jun 2011, 23:07 »

My PC seems to handle CQ fine, even running two clients. Though it really doesn't add much of anything for me at this point.

The NeX prices are just  :bash: - I don't care for the current selection anyway, but at those prices I wouldn't even touch the stuff. It makes me wonder if they did any research on other MT based games that sell vanity items.

Can't comment on much else yet, we'll see after I've had some time to find broken things later in the week.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #27 on: 21 Jun 2011, 23:08 »

But yeah. I get between 2.5 and 3 FPS in CQ, with minimum settings, and severe load times. Keeping that setting off until I can't anymore.

The variance in performance with this patch is really strange.  I don't have anything else to test it on right now, but while running only one client, I've got CQ doing alright (~20 fps) with antialiasing and shadows off and all other settings at high.  In-space, runs like a dream (>40 fps).  Even better performance in space than with Incursion 1.6.  These results on the following laptop:

Alienware M11x R1
Intel Core 2 Duo U7300 1.30 GHz
8.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M
Windows 7 64-bit

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 21 Jun 2011, 23:11 »

CQ crashes my system after about 5 minutes. Which is funny. It never crashed on Singularity.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #29 on: 21 Jun 2011, 23:38 »

Leaving work now to patch and play. It had better work.  :bash:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6