Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

blueprints are required for manufacture of everything from shuttles to dreadnoughts because of strict anti-copyright infringement laws enforced by the SCC.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Public Records, CONCORD, and You  (Read 6972 times)

Jace

• Veteran
Re: Public Records, CONCORD, and You
« Reply #15 on: 28 Oct 2014, 12:02 »

I think what she means is that whether or not CONCORD does keep such records isn't relevant in the case of capsuleer public bios, as CONCORD isn't in the habit of putting whatever records they might have on those bios. In other words, anything on public bios is written by the capsuleer themselves, which is an appropriate belief to have and a reason why I'm considering removing the CONCORD thing from mine and likewise avoiding the 'appearance description' thing as putting either of these things on her bio isn't something Samira would intentionally do if we take the bio as capsuleer-written.

He literally said the files don't exist.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #16 on: 28 Oct 2014, 12:03 »

Anything in the bio is the capsuleer's autohagiography.

It has 0 officialness.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #17 on: 28 Oct 2014, 12:06 »

Anyanka and I both see bios as autobiographies. No CONCORD records actually exist. We see and rationalize CONCORD records as capsuleers poor attempts to preserve their identity through false documentation.

We look at capsuleer NPC actor's bios for a legitimate use for bios other than dumps of information.

To answer meeting a capsuleer and not beIng able to know anything about them is easy for Anya because she knows CONCORD records are just lies made up by the capsuleers themselves.

So you don't think that the organization which hands out the licenses to even be a capsuleer would keep some sort of record of said capsuleers?

Licenses are brought, so no. You are not giving any info when you buy PLEX ICly. Sansha Kuvekei is a capsuleer. ICly all capsuleers buy PLEX from someone,  not always from CONCORD.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 28 Oct 2014, 12:07 »

Licenses are brought, so no. You are not giving any info when you buy PLEX ICly. Sansha Kuvekei is a capsuleer. ICly all capsuleers buy PLEX from someone,  not always from CONCORD.

That is a license extension, not the license itself.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #19 on: 28 Oct 2014, 12:09 »

That is a license extension, not the license itself.

So Kuvakei got his license from CONCORD?   :psyccp:

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #20 on: 28 Oct 2014, 12:10 »

But you do give info when you sign up for the program. They have things like your IQ and medical profile (including genetics) and so forth, as established in EVE Source. Or rather, the schools have these things, but as CONCORD handles capsuleer policies they almost certainly have access to all of these things. And as a law enforcement agency they certainly would have criminal records (represented by security status).

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #21 on: 28 Oct 2014, 12:11 »

Kuvakei probably doesn't have a license, as I'm not sure he's a capsuleer at all. Not all characters with viewable profiles are capsuleers. Heth wasn't, for example, as he's established in lore as not even physically capable of being a capsuleer.
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2014, 12:13 by Samira Kernher »

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #22 on: 28 Oct 2014, 12:13 »

In anycase, ICly and OOCly hold the same beliefs, not going to backpedal. 100% agree with Synthia.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: 28 Oct 2014, 12:13 »

Kuvakei probably doesn't have a license. Assuming he's a capsuleer at all. Not all characters with viewable profiles are capsuleers. Heth wasn't, for example, as he's established in lore as not even physically capable of being a capsuleer.

Indeed. There are several in-game characters that we have no reason to believe are capsuleers.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #24 on: 28 Oct 2014, 12:23 »

Kuvakei probably doesn't have a license. Assuming he's a capsuleer at all. Not all characters with viewable profiles are capsuleers. Heth wasn't, for example, as he's established in lore as not even physically capable of being a capsuleer.

Indeed. There are several in-game characters that we have no reason to believe are capsuleers.

Mechanically all ingame characters are agents, or capsuleers. A few happen to be both. Mostly pirate faction officers.

Mechanically, if they appear in a chat channel, and say they're not capsuleers, they're lying.

Or DUST characters.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: 28 Oct 2014, 12:26 »

Mechanically all ingame characters are agents, or capsuleers. A few happen to be both. Mostly pirate faction officers.

Mechanically, if they appear in a chat channel, and say they're not capsuleers, they're lying.

Or DUST characters.

I was specifically agreeing with PF characters such as Heth. Not player characters. Yes, all player characters are capsuleers.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #26 on: 28 Oct 2014, 12:31 »

We should be wary of using the limitations of the game engine and UI to limit our storytelling.

Bios are a fun way to parcel out ic background information to others without having to talk about it. I never treated them as the capsuleer writing text and posting it on his or her file.

And concord/empires have all your basic infos for licensure.  No empire spends millions to train you without keeping detailed personal and psychological profiles for future use.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #27 on: 28 Oct 2014, 12:32 »

Or DUST characters.

I was specifically agreeing with PF characters such as Heth. Not player characters. Yes, all player characters are capsuleers.

I don't know about Heth, but Sansha Kuvakei appeared in chat channels, and in space, flying a ship.

He's a capsuleer.

There's a couple other examples, I think.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: 28 Oct 2014, 12:34 »

Or DUST characters.

I don't know about Heth, but Sansha Kuvakei appeared in chat channels, and in space, flying a ship.

He's a capsuleer.

There's a couple other examples, I think.

I don't know of any PF that states he is one, so I won't call him one until I see that.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #29 on: 28 Oct 2014, 12:38 »

If he's been seen flying a ship then I'd assume he's a capsuleer. I thought he only ever worked from behind the scenes so I wasn't sure, but if he's been out in space then he's probably one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5