Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 'Crystal Boulevard' of Caille is both a high end shopping center and a vast shield of manufactured diamond for bunkers underneath?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Kirith Kodachi storyline interview  (Read 3760 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: Kirith Kodachi storyline interview
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2011, 07:31 »

8. The four main empires and the other four pirate empires have considerable military might and much to lose to Sansha. How will their lack of action on the issue be explained?

Some of this was explained in the chronicle “Uplifted,” while the rest has been covered by the times when representatives from each nation show up during live events. The basic premise is that the Sansha, who are masters of cybernetics and hive mind computing are, not surprisingly, also quite adept at electronic attacks. Their viral broadcast easily disables the bulk of typical national and factional fleets. Capsuleer vessels, on the other hand, are modern marvels of Jove technology enhanced by other major scientific advancements barely a decade old; hence, they’re the only ones with the ability to respond consistently to the Sansha threat.

Omune's said this in his "[Fed] Understanding the Sansha threat" IGS post, but exposure this part must be given \o/

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2011, 11:08 »

Interesting stuff.

9. I swear to Jove I will pay you isk if you get Master Kuvakei to show up local when an incursion happens in Ushra'Khan's current space and says "We come for your people."

I would happily contribute to this fund should it ever occur. :D
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 16 Mar 2011, 12:07 »

I <3 U'K and I would still do the same!

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #4 on: 18 Mar 2011, 16:54 »

As much as possible, we’ve enjoyed leaving the major twists in the Sansha plot up to the players, with the outcomes of major battles deciding what happens next. That said, we have some interesting ideas for different directions we could go. As far as the Incursion feature itself, with new NPCs, etc., the gameplay there is designed to be open-ended so that we can advance or discontinue it once we feel the story has run its course.

I DARE TO DREAM...

That Incursion will not be stuck in a permanent state of Undeath, never advancing or ending.

This has made me much more positive about its development future now.

Also, supporting the notion of Kuvakei trololololing U'K space, if just it'd be classy for them.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 18 Mar 2011, 17:10 »

As I understand things, eventually the Sansha incursions will end in some fashion and CCP will move on to some other Big Bad. We'll see, though.

Ghost Hunter

• The Mods
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 18 Mar 2011, 17:14 »

As I understand things, eventually the Sansha incursions will end in some fashion and CCP will move on to some other Big Bad. We'll see, though.

If they return back to the EoM like they originally intended, it would set the scale for an epic galactic clusterfuck. More so than the Sansha, I'd wager, since promised genocide = shit just got real, etc.
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 18 Mar 2011, 17:54 »

You may be suggesting that my Brutor brethren will have to save the world.

Ghost Hunter

• The Mods
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 18 Mar 2011, 18:01 »

You may be suggesting that my Brutor brethren will have to save the world.

Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Mister Screwball

• Wetgraver
    • http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7203/eatingevidencez.gif
« Reply #9 on: 18 Mar 2011, 18:06 »

As much as possible, we’ve enjoyed leaving the major twists in the Sansha plot up to the players, with the outcomes of major battles deciding what happens next. That said, we have some interesting ideas for different directions we could go. As far as the Incursion feature itself, with new NPCs, etc., the gameplay there is designed to be open-ended so that we can advance or discontinue it once we feel the story has run its course.

I DARE TO DREAM...

That Incursion will not be stuck in a permanent state of Undeath, never advancing or ending.

This has made me much more positive about its development future now.

Also, supporting the notion of Kuvakei trololololing U'K space, if just it'd be classy for them.

This a thousand times because at the moment IC Incursions are just stupid. :bash:

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 18 Mar 2011, 18:06 »

This a thousand times because at the moment IC Incursions are just stupid. :bash:

Can you elaborate?

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #11 on: 18 Mar 2011, 18:23 »

Can you elaborate?

Not sure what Screwball will say, but for me it seems like its a mission now. Sure its a really hard mission and you need friends to do it, but from what I have heard(never got the chance to run one myself) theres no interaction between the defenders and the Sansha like there was in the live incursions. Even if they are programed to say something like some of the missions we run... well you look like an ass or a lunatic just rambling off in local to something said that only you and maybe your fleet mates can see.(and yes when I first started in EVE I talked back to the pirate NPC in the tutorial misson and got several weird looks in local   :oops: )
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Mister Screwball

• Wetgraver
« Reply #12 on: 18 Mar 2011, 18:40 »

Can you elaborate?

At the moment from an IC perspective there is seemingly no purpose to them, I mean what do the Incursions do they appear in a system, annoy the local capsuleers until they are defeated. Sure they may blow up a few ships but seeing as capsuleers are immotal and everything they can just shrug and try again.

IC I cant see what they are achiveing apart from giving capsuleers free Sansha tech

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #13 on: 18 Mar 2011, 19:32 »

Once again, capsuleers are not immortal. Just very close.

If you need IC justification for Incursions, just look at it as guerrilla warfare. Ships will be lost, resources spent, local populations terrorized, etc. Logistic resources are diverted, pilots are drawn to one area, running around in circles for no real gain. Same things they were doing when the first dropships came.

An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Mister Screwball

• Wetgraver
« Reply #14 on: 19 Mar 2011, 09:26 »

Once again, capsuleers are not immortal. Just very close.

If you need IC justification for Incursions, just look at it as guerrilla warfare. Ships will be lost, resources spent, local populations terrorized, etc. Logistic resources are diverted, pilots are drawn to one area, running around in circles for no real gain. Same things they were doing when the first dropships came.

But the thing is during the events you could see that Nation was targeting the planets, in these Incursions there not doing anything apart from blowing up the odd ship. and as for directing pilots around in circles for no gain well there geting Sansha tech that us loyalists cant get unless we join in and start shooting Nation  :|
Pages: [1] 2