Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Wolves of Pator rescued and freed 5,000 slaves as a wedding gift for Evanda Char?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Winter Expansion  (Read 4759 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Winter Expansion
« Reply #30 on: 25 Sep 2013, 18:13 »

Can we get someone to take screenshots of stuff and record it and whatever? For those of us who will be at work at 3pm-noon (U.S. Mainland) on a Thursday?

JMadFour

• Civire/Brutor halfbreed
  • Clonejack
« Reply #31 on: 25 Sep 2013, 22:22 »

Can't wait to see what is in store.

also can't wait until I can re-activate my account. bleh.

DeT Resprox

• Egger
  • Leader of Ushra'Khan and founding member.
    • evepandora
« Reply #32 on: 26 Sep 2013, 04:18 »

Can we get someone to take screenshots of stuff and record it and whatever? For those of us who will be at work at 3pm-noon (U.S. Mainland) on a Thursday?

CCP Twitch Streams are usually available to re-watch on their channel a few hours after broadcast - http://twitch.tv/ccp
DeT Resprox
Leader of the Ushra'Khan and founding member
T.R.I.A.D CEO
Minmatar Militia Fleet Commander
Founding member of the People's Republic of Minmatar

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #33 on: 26 Sep 2013, 11:54 »

CCP Twitch Streams are usually available to re-watch on their channel a few hours after broadcast - http://twitch.tv/ccp

I owe you a hug now.  :cube:

Makoto Priano

« Reply #34 on: 26 Sep 2013, 13:25 »

SO CLOSE...

Very curious what they're working on.

I won't be able to see it until half-way through the stream. :x Anyone able to do a live blog of it while I'm trapped at work?

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #35 on: 26 Sep 2013, 14:05 »

I'll do my best to give updates. Not sure if I'll be able to watch the whole thing though, depends how long it takes.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Makoto Priano

« Reply #36 on: 26 Sep 2013, 14:12 »

Thanks! I figure all the EVE news sites will be coated in details shortly, but I'm getting twitchy. :x

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #37 on: 26 Sep 2013, 14:14 »

21:06 - Stream starts, CCP Guard is presenting, Rise and Fozzie will be supporting.

First guest is CCP Seagull, talk is about the future of Eve. Thinking about the long term vision, core theme of space colonization. "There is a lot that can be done... Unprecedented level of control over the universe for capsuleers"

"Eve is not just a game, but a living sci-fi world" Player stories, etc.

Pictures of Badgers building stargates - "These pictures are to illustrate the kind of things we are considering... All about building things, destroying things, the spread of human empires and by extension the separate force of the Capsuleers. Capsuleers want to master the forces fo the universe, the technologies (mechanics) of space travel"

"The question of what would happen if capsuleers were not bound to the known universe. This is what we want to do, start a journey outside of this universe"

21:10

"The Empires are starting to be worried about capsuleers, and they should be. This journey will question many of the rules that have governed the universe for a long time. This vision lets us start questioning some of the long term fundamentals."

"These (stargate building) pictures do not represent what you will get right away, but it is where we want to go"

21:12 - Expansion name.

The new expansion is the 'start of the journey', will be released on the 19th November.

Eve Online: Rubicon

"Kickass events for christmas"

Features are well on the way, handing over to Fozzie and Rise.

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #38 on: 26 Sep 2013, 14:15 »

It's called Rubicon.
-Seagull speaks of more player control. ships building (?) a gate visible (Still pic).
-Custom offices in hi-sec will change so can be player controlled. Will work as they do in low and null. War deccing rules seems to apply. The solution to big alliances setting 100% tax on PI in hi sec is to launch into orbit..

-New "POS" system. 4 difference ones with different functions. CONCORD will not care if you shoot these in hi sec. They will despawn if unattended. You'll possibly get a suspect timer for shooting it.
1 works like a thief to siphon stuff from POS (moon mins and such).
1 is a mobile home base that you can put up. Hangar and refit thing. A home away from home.
1 automatic tractor beam/looter. This one is for mission runners.
1 for low and null. Disposable cynojammer. They're still debating range. Will be around 150-170km in range (Didn't hear really). Covert cynos unaffected.

-Changes to warp acceleration.
They've found a way to do it individually on ship classes. So small ships will go to warp faster and bigger go slower. Cruisers are the baseline.
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2013, 14:29 by Jekaterine »
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #39 on: 26 Sep 2013, 14:27 »

"Taking us to the point of no return?"

21:14 - Fozzie, Rise and Guard

"All the teams are right in the thick of it, some stuff is almost done, some still being worked on"

"Players might be nervous about rules changing in systems... High-sec customs offices are becoming player controlled. As usual, offices will be destroyed then replaced by player owned ones, changeable tax rights etc. Intended to allow highsec corps to have 'their own space'. Expected to generate conflict based on the worth of the planets."

"Favorite mechanic of Fozzie's as it generates income but not out of thin air, comes from other players."

21:20

"New set of deployable structures (yaay more hitpoint grinding ._.) not based on the current POS code."

"4 new types, maybe extra sub types. Siphon Unit (names are all in progress, dev blogs etc are on the way), allows people to steal resources from starbases, particularly moon mining and reactions. Anybody can take from it, does not provide notifications. People can only know it's there if they actually visit the POS"

"Intended to allow players to "poke each other in the eye"

"Depot. Inexpensive in-space hangar. Literally a home base. May Does have refitting ability, cargo hold for loot dropping. All structures are destructible, including CONCORD response (meaning there isn't any). Can be dropped anywhere including in deadspace or safespots."

"My little home"

"Deployable automatic tractor beam and looting device. Doesn't salvage for you, but groups all the wrecks together." (lol Noctis)
"Doesn't work on wrecks you don't own"

"Deployable, temporary (1 time use), cyno jammer. 100km/70km undecided range. Prevents you being hotdropped at 0, not snipers. Has a spool up. Does not block covert cynos. Very cool effect"

"Will we get a cyno-jammer jammer? Maybe someday"
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2013, 14:57 by kalaratiri »

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #40 on: 26 Sep 2013, 14:31 »

Kala seems to have it covered so I'll stop updating my post :D
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

DeT Resprox

• Egger
  • Leader of Ushra'Khan and founding member.
    • evepandora
« Reply #41 on: 26 Sep 2013, 14:33 »

CCP WINTER UPDATE also streaming via PANDORA - http://www.triad-eve.net click News + Features.  Also showing traffic and Combat LIVE updates.
DeT Resprox
Leader of the Ushra'Khan and founding member
T.R.I.A.D CEO
Minmatar Militia Fleet Commander
Founding member of the People's Republic of Minmatar

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #42 on: 26 Sep 2013, 14:36 »

the deployable tractor beam seems odd for mission runners, but sounds absolutely beatiful if you could deploy it in null-sec after a massive fleet fight like asakai

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #43 on: 26 Sep 2013, 14:38 »

21:27 Still Guard, Fozzie and Rise

Changing the old warp acceleration mechanicss

"Every ship has the same acceleration time, so warp speed doesn't matter. Now warp speed also effects warp acceleration. Small ships are fast, big ships are slow, freighters have higher warp speed, t1 cruisers are the base line and have no change. Small ships will now be able to properly catch big ships that warp off, possibly arriving first  :twisted:"

"Interceptors will be able to actually intercept."

21:29 Ship rebalancing

"Not everything is ready, but Marauders, Interceptors, EAFs and Light Interdictors are being worked on"

"Interceptors are planned to be bubble immune (all kinds, anchored or HICs). Not big combat buffs, actually losing some hp, but far enhanced tackle and scouting ability. Probably won't be able to fit cynos :P Less safety for bubble spamming ratters. Thread should be up by early next week, feedback is of course appreciated"

Marauders

"Picture of Kronos in transformed mode, front plates are raised by glowing blue tubes. 'Neons on a car hood'. Not all art is finished yet, all very different from each other. Mechanics wise, 'Bastion' (name is sticking) EW immune, can't move, massive tank. Reduced MJD timer stays. (Pretty much what is in the marauder thread) More updates are coming for the official thread"

Interdictors

"Not that far through the process, interdictors are crap in a weird way right now. Core role remains as bubblers, warp changes are really gonna help them, they will be fast. Weapons and tank are all changing. New bubble art!"

EAFs

"Almost really cool, but hard to use. Becoming quite a bit better, doubling the range on their secondary EWAR, webs/points/neuts etc are now much closer to recon range, 35km neuts etc. CSM love them."

Reyd Karris

« Reply #44 on: 26 Sep 2013, 14:42 »

SOE Faction ships.

Just when I think I'm out...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5