Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Vitoc is the antidote to a deadly toxin, not the poison itself?  For more information see Vitoc.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Winter Expansion  (Read 4757 times)

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
Re: Winter Expansion
« Reply #15 on: 20 Sep 2013, 13:10 »

The collectors edition contains 'special codes' for LIVE EVENTS when they are posted out in October....and the 'Shades Of Grey' reference in this expansion (possible leak from a recent dev) has got me excited for possible RP-related stuffs  :P

I heard about the 'special codes' but the first time someone claims they are for Live Events ?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #16 on: 20 Sep 2013, 13:19 »

Let me get this straight, we will need to purchase things to participate in some future live events?

Anslol

« Reply #17 on: 20 Sep 2013, 13:28 »

We have to PAY to enter Live Events? Seriously?

Thanks EA. Thanks.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #18 on: 20 Sep 2013, 15:08 »

I am not sure that's what it means... Seems pretty ambiguous ala CCP.

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #19 on: 20 Sep 2013, 15:16 »

I thought the codes were just for patch related goodies and stuff 'to be introduced at a later date'.  Effectively monetising live events by proxy would be delicious irony of the highest order, however.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #20 on: 20 Sep 2013, 15:17 »

I'm almost certain that CCP would not make live events for payment only.

However, those who buy the special boxset might get a little something extra *shrug*

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Makoto Priano

« Reply #21 on: 20 Sep 2013, 15:34 »

A "Mystery Code" that will grant owners special, but currently secret, benefits related to future CCP products and events.

Honestly, my guess is that this is marketing vaporware. How they'd check this, and how this could come into play without immediately raising the hackles of the community, is impossible to conceive --- unless this is going to be a VIP code for Fanfests or some randomness like that.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #22 on: 20 Sep 2013, 17:48 »

A "Mystery Code" that will grant owners special, but currently secret, benefits related to future CCP products and events.

Honestly, my guess is that this is marketing vaporware. How they'd check this, and how this could come into play without immediately raising the hackles of the community, is impossible to conceive --- unless this is going to be a VIP code for Fanfests or some randomness like that.

More or less what Makoto said. The future CCP products are - so far anyway - things that have been added to the Collector's thing since it was first announced like the Genolution 3 and 4 implants, I think. Ironically, it seems to actually have been put there to downplay the idea that the EVE store is just trying to scrape every last bit of cash from your wallet.

The 'events' reference doesn't specifically mention Live events so could possibly be extra stuff from gatherings from EVE Vegas, FanFest or other CCP approved things out of game.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 21 Sep 2013, 18:51 »

"Future events" (without a "live" involved) smells to me more about things like entry into a Q&A session with devs, a behind-the-scenes tour, or fancy but useless gear like the Quafe Iteron.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #24 on: 21 Sep 2013, 21:19 »

"Future events" (without a "live" involved) smells to me more about things like entry into a Q&A session with devs, a behind-the-scenes tour, or fancy but useless gear like the Quafe Iteron.

Yeah, exactly.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #25 on: 24 Sep 2013, 09:13 »

Yeah, exactly.

Yeah this.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #26 on: 24 Sep 2013, 13:04 »

Image of possibly new corpse models, maybe for winter expansion.

Observe, that the female corpse is most definitely wearing a bra, which kind of puts to an end the whole debate about nude/not nude in the pod.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

DeT Resprox

• Egger
  • Leader of Ushra'Khan and founding member.
    • evepandora
« Reply #27 on: 25 Sep 2013, 09:48 »

PANDORA will be also streaming this LIVE tomorrow at 20:00 EvETime. 

You can sit back and watch this stream through PANDORA while keeping upto date with Traffic/Travel News as well as any LIVE Campaign reports or LIVE EVENTS that may be going on through PANDORA's API backend.  You can also flick between any player Campaign livecams active at the time too.

Simply Head to News + Features on the website  :D
« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2013, 12:52 by DeT Resprox »
DeT Resprox
Leader of the Ushra'Khan and founding member
T.R.I.A.D CEO
Minmatar Militia Fleet Commander
Founding member of the People's Republic of Minmatar

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #28 on: 25 Sep 2013, 12:54 »

Can we get someone to take screenshots of stuff and record it and whatever? For those of us who will be at work at 3pm-noon (U.S. Mainland) on a Thursday?

Also, battleship sized module. Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher

« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2013, 13:04 by Katrina Oniseki »

Gesakaarin

« Reply #29 on: 25 Sep 2013, 15:56 »

Image of possibly new corpse models, maybe for winter expansion.

Observe, that the female corpse is most definitely wearing a bra, which kind of puts to an end the whole debate about nude/not nude in the pod.

I approve, now not only can I collect all the corpses for the capsuleer meatlocker after podding people, I can also have a separate panties/underwear collection.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5