Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Maroon is the color of death for the Sani Sabik? (The Burning Life, p. 45)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Who Voices Your Character? How do they Sound?  (Read 6488 times)

Aelisha Montenagre

Re: Who Voices Your Character? How do they Sound?
« Reply #15 on: 24 Jun 2013, 02:41 »

Aelisha: Not a clue, but an Indian equivalent Meryl Streep (if we have any Bollywood aficionados willing to help me out with an equivalent) would pretty much fit the bill.  'No one can do what I do, the job would eat them alive' as a quote from The Devil Wears Prada pretty much sums up her mentality at this point.

Solarienne: Jenette Goldstein (Vasquez - Aliens), blended with some of the clannish/order loving aspects of Claudia Black in her early Farscape acting (Aeryn Sun).

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...
« Reply #16 on: 24 Jun 2013, 02:49 »

Like with most things to do with Halete I don't have any real life references to mind.

However, she speaks with a rough, husky Central/Eastern European accent (or roughly the Baltics, think Latvia, Estonia area) and a playful upwards inflection on words for emphasis.
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2013, 03:01 by Halete »

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #17 on: 24 Jun 2013, 03:27 »

Jôji Nakata is probably spot on for Vince.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #18 on: 24 Jun 2013, 03:33 »

Vince is deeper voiced than I expected.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #19 on: 24 Jun 2013, 03:43 »

Vince is deeper voiced than I expected.

Especially when he want to intimidate but he has fairly wide vocal range, much like Jôji Nakata does. His normal speaking voice is a bit more softer than the clip I posted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J4Fu52Pt14 interview clip for comparison.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #20 on: 24 Jun 2013, 04:31 »

Although I only actually saw the movie after I stopped playing him...

...this is Mortis.  Possibly slightly deeper voice.

Not sure about my others.

Galen Darksmith

• Wetgraver
« Reply #21 on: 24 Jun 2013, 06:15 »

"You wanna piece o' me, boy?"*

* This has never not sounded like "You wanna piece o' meat, boy?" to my ears.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #22 on: 24 Jun 2013, 06:44 »

If you could imagine rolling the cool, calm collectedness of Laurence Fishbourne's Morpheus from the Matrix, Val Kilmer's ever-present latent sarcasm and mischief as John "Doc" Holliday in Tombstone and the actual voice of that black dude from the Allstate Commercials and the TV series The Unit all into one, then you would hear Enkil Akheteru.

Now blend in the subtle (sometimes not so subtle) chaotic insanity-fueled conviction with which Heath Ledger's Joker spoke in The Dark Knight, which is more a feel than a sound,  and you would hear what Enkil Akheteru has become...

Callsign: Havohej

I have yet to hear one single actor who could voice the character I hear when I'm typing for him.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Galen Darksmith

• Wetgraver
« Reply #23 on: 24 Jun 2013, 07:02 »

The virus from that Will Smith movie where Will Smith isn't black, but a cell.

What was the name of that movie?  Been trying to find the title, but IMDB has failed me.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #24 on: 24 Jun 2013, 07:39 »

Osmosis Joe.

Anslol

« Reply #25 on: 24 Jun 2013, 07:49 »

Reuben Langdon I guess. Never gave it enough thought to pin it down.

EDIT: Either Reuben or Hazuki from lynch., since I use them as the basis for Anslo's former/maybe current band GACHE.
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2013, 08:57 by Anslol »

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #26 on: 24 Jun 2013, 08:04 »

As for who'd voice Andreus? I never really thought of him having any other voice than my own. Actually, a lot of his posts are written such that they match the meter and cadence of my own voice.

But I guess if I had to choose someone else, my top three picks would be Vendetta from Mass Effect 3 (without any electronic effects), a younger Prefontaine from System Shock 2 or Francis Pritchard from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. What do you think?

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #27 on: 24 Jun 2013, 08:21 »

I've always imagined Gwen sounding a lot like Cat O'Connor, or more specifically, her portrayal of Kaelyn the Dove in Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer, with perhaps a little less confidence in her speech. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4plyqawhmQ) Very quiet, kind, gentle, naive - With sort of the lingering feeling that there's a tiny chance she could snap at any moment and start stabbing everyone in the room.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 24 Jun 2013, 08:28 »

Bear with me here.

Imagine someone from one of the Baltic states, with a very thick accent and lots of consonant stress, especially trilling them "r's", speaking Arabic.

Got it?

Yeah. That's Ava when she speaks Amarish, which is most of the time. When she speaks Sebiestor? Just imagine a woman from the above place, speaking their native language, with lots of emotion and emphasis. Yeah. That's Ava when she speaks Sebbie.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #29 on: 24 Jun 2013, 09:53 »

Yeah. That's Ava when she speaks Amarish, which is most of the time. When she speaks Sebiestor? Just imagine a woman from the above place, speaking their native language, with lots of emotion and emphasis. Yeah. That's Ava when she speaks Sebbie.
So like a female version of Vince? :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5