Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The original starship classes in EVE were frigates, cruisers, industrials and the elusive Battleships?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: What is Fair Role-Playing?  (Read 4748 times)

Creep

• Omelette
Re: What is Fair Role-Playing?
« Reply #60 on: 05 Jun 2013, 08:08 »

Am I bad for having no trouble believing that the precautions Lallara mentions are still rooted in perfectly valid concerns in Finland?  :D
Never trust the Death Metal countries not to be wielding knives.

Anslol

« Reply #61 on: 05 Jun 2013, 08:14 »

I think it all comes down to the type of actions and the people doing it. As has been said, there needs to be SOME kind of OOC discussion between participants to ensure no god modding occurs. But aside from that, the more innocuous things come down to simple common sense. Like Seph and others said, Anslo wouldn't try to plant a kiss on Samira regardless of how attractive he is because he (character) and I (player) know damn well how Amarr folk would react to that.

That's not saying it's never done, some people still do it just for shits and giggles and to see what happens, but it isn't like say...

* Anslol tightens his right arm to flick out his implanted piezo-blade and slices Sepherim in half for enslaving his ((non-existant)) daughter.

No bueno.

tl;dr (imo): Fair RP is making sure the bigger actions (a fight, a steal, kidnapping, murder, etc) are discussed OOC first to be balanced based on a characters already established background. Other more innocuous things (a kiss, a bottle toss, maybe even a punch in some cases) can be played by ear with people who've known each other a bit IG. Failing that, permission OOC should probably be touched on just to not rustle jimmies.

Desiderya

« Reply #62 on: 05 Jun 2013, 08:46 »

It also is often about compromise.
A rather old classic teaches a lot about channel RP in general. Behold: Elf Only Inn.

Anslol

« Reply #63 on: 05 Jun 2013, 08:48 »

It also is often about compromise.
A rather old classic teaches a lot about channel RP in general. Behold: Elf Only Inn.

Is it bad that I read 'behold' in Rolf's voice? Like, Ed, Edd, & Eddy Rolf?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]