Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Hak'len (AKA Kresh liquor) is toxic to non-Caldari?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Is it just me...  (Read 10227 times)

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
Re: Is it just me...
« Reply #30 on: 15 May 2012, 16:48 »

Incidently, this is one of the reasons I enjoy immersionist RP.  I RP every day, when I pretty much do anything for the corp.  Helps get my RP fix, not reliant on events/parties/drama/hugglefucking.  Im appreciative of EM for that every day.

I have to admit that I have difficulties to see what is the difference with what you call immersionist RP. I still see you sometimes on the OOC channel. Or maybe I, too, am an immersionist RPer... But I think what helps you to get your RP fix are your RP buddies.

Uhh, just because we're immersionist RP doesnt mean we dont have OOC channels, or talk about OOC things.  Just means everything else we do is IC. 
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #31 on: 15 May 2012, 19:22 »

I for one am usually lurking in the Summit, seeing if any conversation pops up that's worth entering into.  Bar scene RP is fairly dead though, but maybe that's just my impression as it all seems like a bunch of AFK /sip types.

Publius Valerius

« Reply #32 on: 15 May 2012, 20:06 »

The community as a whole is more dead than it used to be, IGS included; we are still feeling the aftermath of Incarna, and the continued effects of the way the fiction seems to have been going (ie, nowhere at all, if not backwards).

Most RP you're going to find these days will either be in the Summit or in small, private groups. THere's the occasional party or get-together, but they're few and far between - and even when they're not you still have to find a reason that your character would go.

The Amarrians have really gotten the short end of the stick here. Not only are their numbers generally dwindling across their entire political spectrum, a lot of the new PF coming out combined with a is not making them appear any more attractive to people wanting to RP. Now add to the mix that most Amarrians probably wouldn't want to associate with dirty heathen outsiders, and most 'new' Amarr RP characters are either ridiculously liberal, heretics (ie, Sabik or EoM), or simply "moustache-twirling Evil with a capital E for the sake of being moustache-twirling Evil with a capital E", the opportunities are not very appealing.

People rag on the whole "hugglefuck" sort of character personality, but when the general population is so low, and the opportunities are scarce, there's not that much in the way you can do if you want a character that can get social interaction that isn't a bunch of old farts sitting in in cushy chairs by a fireplace sipping whisky going /sip /monocle "pip pip cheerio" all night. The only group that seems large enough to get by without needing to resort to it (as far as I can tell, and please correct me if I'm wrong) are the Matari RPers - particularly those in groups like EM that are large enough to have internal RP networks without needing to go outside of the alliance to get plenty of varied RP.

I affirm...

About the first part: And it isnt just the english speaking community. The german as well, like I already mention the german forum (eve-ger) broke almost down after the summer 2011 :( (of course it can have other reasons too.. like the new forum section in the offical eve forum, but their is no RP :( ).

About: "Most RP you're going to find these days will either be in the Summit or in small, private groups." Yes, but I also think this was before incarna. But as for me: Incarna made it alittle harder -- as for me, because some friends left the game :( . But if you know some you can play around have some RP fun or some sci-fi D&D go for it.

About: Amarr in prime fiction.... I already give up. About Matari RPs... I havent any infos on that front, but also think... like I already mention somewhere else, that even they will one day get the feeling that their enemys got to one dimensional etc.....
About: "Huge fest" Yes, but we are the smallest group in eve, so overtime... you will see always the same faces.... I personally hope that the immersion projects (with links ingame) will help on that front.... to get our roundtables a little fuller.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #33 on: 15 May 2012, 20:19 »

About: Amarr in prime fiction.... I already give up. About Matari RPs... I havent any infos on that front, but also think... like I already mention somewhere else, that even they will one day get the feeling that their enemys got to one dimensional etc.....

I have a fond hope that one day the Faction war will draw to a close, (even if only for six months or so) and then we can get back to some good old-fashioned internecine strife.

EM has quite a long list of people we put up with because they shoot at Amarrians more than they shoot at other people...
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #34 on: 16 May 2012, 03:02 »

I have a fond hope that one day the Faction war will draw to a close, (even if only for six months or so) and then we can get back to some good old-fashioned internecine strife.

EM has quite a long list of people we put up with because they shoot at Amarrians more than they shoot at other people...

It's pretty much the same story on the other side  :ugh:

Lyn Farel

« Reply #35 on: 16 May 2012, 04:44 »

I'd agree with Gottii (God help me) -- a conservative Amarrian who is fully behind the Empress, Reclamation, the Scriptures, etc. etc. etc., without particularly wanting any change in the Empire as it stands beyond bringing those annoying little heathens and heretics back in line, one way or the other, would be really nice to see.

One that's a pretty normal guy, mind. Not all "I r sinister" or "BEHOLD GOD'S WRATH"; just a pretty typical Amarrian who's fully on board with the Empire.

Like PIE ?

Do PIE still RP? I talked to one ex member who said they stopped RPing at all, which is why that person left.

O_o ?

Well, I must say that I am a little surprised.

People rag on the whole "hugglefuck" sort of character personality, but when the general population is so low, and the opportunities are scarce, there's not that much in the way you can do if you want a character that can get social interaction that isn't a bunch of old farts sitting in in cushy chairs by a fireplace sipping whisky going /sip /monocle "pip pip cheerio" all night. The only group that seems large enough to get by without needing to resort to it (as far as I can tell, and please correct me if I'm wrong) are the Matari RPers - particularly those in groups like EM that are large enough to have internal RP networks without needing to go outside of the alliance to get plenty of varied RP.

I feel like sometimes I have to retreat to alliance to get RP because almost all the public RP I'm seeing is "hugglefuck" RP. If I want to go to a bar that doesn't have Amarrian slavers, Angel Pirates/Slavers, Sansha proponents or people the republic is at war with, then is there anything out there that isn't internal to EM?

I went to a Gallente "political rally" once, and half the guests were from the Angel Cartel; Last time I visited TLG there were a bunch of toasters (Hi Kyber) having a party; Either I stop caring who my character associates with, or I don't go out much.

So being "inclusive" drives away some of the people trying to play their characters as not "hugglefuckers". I imagine there's some people playing harder-line Amarrian characters who feel pretty similar.

Well I think you both agree then. When you have the possibility to have good RP with your own circle, you do it. Thats what I did when i was in KotMC, 90% of my RP was in the Keep, and the remaining 10% was on various semi active liberal Amarrian channels or on the Summit when an interesting debate came somehow in motion. Now I am in a totally different situation, and its not pretty OOCly (but anyway I choosed it consciously by playing a minor faction, when I see that even 2 of the major factions have more or less collapsed ICly...).

This is also why I proposed the idea to put the NEA back alive with a real IC leadership summit function. Because at this rate, I can understand that half of the Matari RPers want to remain in their corner but if they do not try to interact a little more with their OOCly dying adversaries, said adversaries might start to lack in the coming future. And in space actions do not do everything and often happen because of :politics:. Politics involve talking, period.

Sorry to be blunt with that last statement, but yes, we are that desperate.

Incidently, this is one of the reasons I enjoy immersionist RP.  I RP every day, when I pretty much do anything for the corp.  Helps get my RP fix, not reliant on events/parties/drama/hugglefucking.  Im appreciative of EM for that every day.

I have to admit that I have difficulties to see what is the difference with what you call immersionist RP. I still see you sometimes on the OOC channel. Or maybe I, too, am an immersionist RPer... But I think what helps you to get your RP fix are your RP buddies.

Uhh, just because we're immersionist RP doesnt mean we dont have OOC channels, or talk about OOC things.  Just means everything else we do is IC.

I thought it was the case for most of us here...

Valadeus

« Reply #36 on: 16 May 2012, 05:37 »

Well, the best thing we can do is work together as a community to try and improve the quality of RP across the board. It'll take some time, but if we keep the community alive here and work on making RP the best we can, we can probably make it enjoyable for the most part.

I'm going to at least try to keep things interesting and active on my end, I really like the RP community here and I'd like to see the RP scene get some resuscitation. :)

Kentt

• Clonejack
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #37 on: 16 May 2012, 05:49 »

Once I am done with my distractions, then I may get back into some RP.  Other then that it has been work, maybe log on to train/run missions/build, then sleep.  Then repeat.

I have been lurking on the IGS forums as well... but yea, it has toned down alot.  Maybe because the drama there lessened :)

Valadeus

« Reply #38 on: 16 May 2012, 05:56 »

For anyone interested, I am always open for RP - but remember that I will remain in-character. If you're the type of character that my character isn't going to get along with, don't expect him to be buddy-buddy. But, civil debates and discussions over differences are welcomed, even hostile engagements (so long as we remain civil to one another as players) are welcomed.

I'm always up for meeting in a tavern somewhere, hosting a public channel to RP in, having an intelligent discussion in Summit and certainly IGS forum RP. Feel free to engage me whenever. :)

Kazzzi

• Egger
« Reply #39 on: 16 May 2012, 06:00 »

...are the IGS forums a lot more dead than they used to be?

Sorry, my bad. I'll fix it.

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #40 on: 16 May 2012, 06:28 »

I'd agree with Gottii (God help me) -- a conservative Amarrian who is fully behind the Empress, Reclamation, the Scriptures, etc. etc. etc., without particularly wanting any change in the Empire as it stands beyond bringing those annoying little heathens and heretics back in line, one way or the other, would be really nice to see.

One that's a pretty normal guy, mind. Not all "I r sinister" or "BEHOLD GOD'S WRATH"; just a pretty typical Amarrian who's fully on board with the Empire.

Like PIE ?

Do PIE still RP? I talked to one ex member who said they stopped RPing at all, which is why that person left.

Yes, we do still RP.

Unless your definition of RP is so narrow so that only doing absolutely everything IC is RP, which isn't the traditional PIE way of doing things anyway.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #41 on: 16 May 2012, 14:34 »

The problem is... only a very deluded Amarrian would be behind the Empress.

Even a blind man would see with his arsehole that things are not kosher with her.

You don't need to be actually behind the Empress, you only need to appear to be behind her.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #42 on: 16 May 2012, 14:51 »

You don't need to be actually behind the Empress, you only need to appear to be behind her.

Aye, the daggers will come out at the right moment. Although if it gets out her body has been possessed by some soulles demon AI, well there's going to be a lot more than daggers coming out.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #43 on: 16 May 2012, 14:59 »

Aye, the daggers will come out at the right moment. Although if it gets out her body has been possessed by some soulles demon AI, well there's going to be a lot more than daggers coming out.

Aldy will be coming out too?
<.<  >.>

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #44 on: 16 May 2012, 15:01 »

That statement sounded completely different than I had intended.

However I feel no need to edit it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6