Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Saxon Hawke has the inscription "A man travels the universe in search of what he needs and returns home to find it." added near the entry port of every ship he purchases?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: How can I be a Loyalist?  (Read 17556 times)

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
Re: How can I be a Loyalist?
« Reply #60 on: 01 Dec 2013, 12:21 »

You don't get [JB and] Supers in Syndicate

lol.

Titan Bridges are not the same as Jump Bridges which require an I-HUB and Advanced Logistics Network upgrade that cannot be placed in NPC Sov.   Likewise the Capital Ship Assembly Array, needed for the production of Supercarriers and Titans,  requires an I-HUB and the Supercapital Construction Facilities upgrade thus precluding the manufacture of Super-capitals in the Syndicate region.    This of course has no bearing on the use of super capitals.
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2013, 12:25 by purple »
You are RPing wrong.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #61 on: 01 Dec 2013, 12:28 »

I think Kala was trying to get across the fact that many Syndicate groups (oddly excluding I-RED) have  or have access to a bridging titan, which is effectively the same as having a JB network with regards to PvP.
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2013, 12:30 by Katrina Oniseki »

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #62 on: 01 Dec 2013, 12:38 »

I think Kala was trying to get across the fact that many Syndicate groups (oddly excluding I-RED) have  or have access to a bridging titan, which is effectively the same as having a JB network with regards to PvP.

Which also work in Black Rise.
You are RPing wrong.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #63 on: 01 Dec 2013, 12:45 »

Which also work in Black Rise.

Well we don't have one, so it doesn't matter to us anyways.

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #64 on: 01 Dec 2013, 12:45 »

I prefer null over low. I like bombs and bubbles, I dislike gateguns and sec losses. I'm only interested in the RP angle of FW, not the gameplay.

*Shrugs*  You must do what makes you happy, but I would point out that the Urpiken Constellation in Black Rise is one Jump from the Nullsec region of Cloud Ring and two Jumps from Pure Blind while the Serthoulde Constellation is three jumps from Syndicate and one from Pure Blind.      I maybe be wrong but believe the belt rats in Black Rise and Placid drop the tags used for security status increase - solving that issue too.
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2013, 12:51 by purple »
You are RPing wrong.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #65 on: 01 Dec 2013, 13:05 »

Dude.  They don't want to do FW.  Not everyone wants to do FW.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #66 on: 01 Dec 2013, 13:10 »

I prefer null over low. I like bombs and bubbles, I dislike gateguns and sec losses. I'm only interested in the RP angle of FW, not the gameplay.

*Shrugs*  You must do what makes you happy, but I would point out that the Urpiken Constellation in Black Rise is one Jump from the Nullsec region of Cloud Ring and two Jumps from Pure Blind while the Serthoulde Constellation is three jumps from Syndicate and one from Pure Blind.      I maybe be wrong but believe the belt rats in Black Rise and Placid drop the tags used for security status increase - solving that issue too.

Have you lived in Urpiken before?  Do you know who the null-neighbors have been for more than a year?  Do you know what hornets will be stirred by trying to 1) take moons, 2) fight the neighbors regularly, etc.

If someone enjoys Syndicate, Urpiken is a very different environment.  It is either quiet or CONDI & friends is moving through.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #67 on: 01 Dec 2013, 13:21 »

Pretty much this. Also, as well as bridge titans, a respectable number of the larger groups have Super Carriers as well. Even GROON  :lol:

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #68 on: 01 Dec 2013, 15:11 »

*Shrugs*  You must do what makes you happy,

Dude.  They don't want to do FW.  Not everyone wants to do FW.

Tiberious, I hope you can see that your post was quite unnecessary since I'd already made that point for you.   However having said that; I'm having a polite conversation with a friend of mine, and I have every right to discuss which points and topics I like with him.  It offends me that you'd try to dictate what I might discuss, and a history of such offenses on your part is why I do not participate in The Summit.   Further, for your edification, The Well being of I-RED is important to me, and I merely offered one option to help advance their goals.  You see I am intimately aware of the I-RED's internal culture and what they want, and I know that John at one time had hope of creating a 'Caldari CVA' but is road blocked on every conceivable route to that objective.  I'm not part of the 'loyalist must be in FW' crowd, and was a vocal opponent of the FW scene for many years.   

However, the FW storyline and mechanics have changed, in a way that makes the 'Caldari CVA' dream viable although not easy, and as a friend it would be remiss of me NOT to point out that a new and extremely powerful tool (that they might not be aware of) has been made available to them.   If they don't want to, they don't want to but I'd like to make sure they at least considered all the pros and cons of a change that might not have crossed their minds, and I am well in my rights to do so even if it displeases yourself.

I think Kala was trying to get across the fact that many Syndicate groups (oddly excluding I-RED) have  or have

I think Kala was trying to be a condecening troll and I was in the wrong to respond at all.

Have you lived in Urpiken before?  Do you know who the null-neighbors have been for more than a year?  Do you know what hornets will be stirred by trying to 1) take moons, 2) fight the neighbors regularly, etc.

If someone enjoys Syndicate, Urpiken is a very different environment.  It is either quiet or CONDI & friends is moving through.

I have lived in Urpiken, albeit some time ago.   I've also lived in I-RED's 98Q pocket which is also a place where people (CONDI included) like to kick over little sandcastles and take all the good moons.  I am inclined to believe the 98Q pocket is the rougher neighborhood but willing to admit I could be wrong.     From my point of view, I-RED is surving in Syndicate but hardly thriving.
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2013, 15:15 by purple »
You are RPing wrong.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #69 on: 01 Dec 2013, 15:37 »

I think Kala was trying to be a condecening troll and I was in the wrong to respond at all.

I do my best.

As someone who has been a member of I-RED, I can tell you that they seem to be having plenty of fun in Syndicate without having to get involved in the drama fueled bastardry that is FW.

As someone who has been a member of FW more or less consistently for the last 3 years, I can tell you it gets old pretty damn fast. In RP terms it's almost a complete waste of time, and in gameplay terms it's all sorts of broken. At this point it appears to be running entirely off stubbornness and people in frigates. Cloaked frigates. With Stabs. Lots of Stabs.
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2013, 15:41 by kalaratiri »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #70 on: 01 Dec 2013, 15:41 »

I'm having a polite conversation with a friend of mine

So listen, uhh... don't uhh... don't take this the wrong way but...

... I have no idea who you are other than my favorite color.

Aside from that, I will forward these posts To John. He has regularly pitched FW to I-RED from time to time, usually when they complain about being bored during the slower months where activity in Syndicate is low. He's always been shot down when he offers us to take a hiatus in FW... but it's worth knowing how things have changed for next year's pitch.

If I-RED did join FW, it would most likely be one of two ways.

1.) I-RED enlists as an alliance into the State Protectorate, but keeps its F.O.B. in 98Q Syndicate where it is now. Our starbases and infrastructure would continue to operate in Syndicate and be defended. We would only use the militia enrollment to be able to shoot freely at GalMil, without placing our infrastructure in the warzone itself (due to frequent loss of occupancy). We'd continue making money in Syndicate, and keep operating in Syndicate. This is analogous to TEST, who maintain their primary HQ outside the warzone in nullsec.

2.) I-RED enlists AND deploys to the State Protectorate, uprooting all our infrastructure and F.O.B.. We'd effectively be leaving Syndicate completely. We'd establish a new F.O.B. somewhere in Black Rise, and attempt to place 'cash machine' starbases in the area, likely at a significantly less profitable level from where we are now.

Both options represent significant risk, and both introduce our return to lowsec, which historically our members have disliked. Even when we lived in Placid and were offered a choice of lowsec or nullsec roams nightly, we'd scream in unison "NULLSEC!!!!". John would only sometimes listen, because he does not like bubbles. lol
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2013, 15:50 by Katrina Oniseki »

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #71 on: 01 Dec 2013, 15:43 »

I'm having a polite conversation with a friend of mine

So listen, uhh... don't uhh... don't take this the wrong way but...

... I have no idea who you are other than my favorite color.

I suppose after that much vodka you wouldn't remember our glorious weekend together.   I actually made the account just to lurk old post because posting here is a terrible, terrible terrible idea.   But dammit I'm weak!
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2013, 15:46 by purple »
You are RPing wrong.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #72 on: 01 Dec 2013, 15:51 »

Uhh.... Veik? Veik likes vodka. I'm so confused.

Anyways, I edited the above post. Read it!

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #73 on: 01 Dec 2013, 15:56 »

It's good to know you finally started making ISK off the Syndicate towers instead of losing it.   Do you still have the Intaki towers still and you get 3rd party fuel saving on them because of FW?
You are RPing wrong.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #74 on: 01 Dec 2013, 16:21 »

It's good to know you finally started making ISK off the Syndicate towers instead of losing it.   Do you still have the Intaki towers still and you get 3rd party fuel saving on them because of FW?

HAMMIE! HAMBONE! HAMSTORM!!! THE HAMMERNATOR!!

Few people knew we were losing money on them, so you must be Hamish then. But yes, turning a tidy profit on our Syndicate chains. We took down our Intaki stuff. People keep gifting us POCOs down there for some reason, but we're trying to get rid of them too.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14