Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That small robots called "cleaner bugs" are used to keep space station areas free of refuse? (The Burning Life p. 74)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Dev Blog: The Battle for Caldari Prime  (Read 10377 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Dev Blog: The Battle for Caldari Prime
« Reply #75 on: 21 Mar 2013, 14:02 »

Pointing out that game mechanics (FW, Standings, High-Sec) make this situation more than a mere 'logistical problem' is hardly whining.
But maybe I am misunderstanding your point here and you should elaborate who exactly you mean with using game mechanics to repeatedly smash the opposition while telling them to HTFU.
Because from my point of view, for someone complaining about pots and kettles, you make a pretty good cookware juggler yourself.

I don't know what is a coockware juggler and I have never ever whined about my beloved faction. It's just... a faction. And currently, CONCORD is being portrayed so rotted and flawed that it really is starting to tear my character apart. I am fine with it, it provides good RP too that way.

Also, I was not pointing at the legit complains about FW impediments here, I was pointing at people complaining how the Caldari are always supposedly portrayed bad, treated like shit, etc, over and over again. I have nothing about someone voicing his concerns about something, I do it myself like most people here. I just happen to have a lot of OOC grievances with a good chunk of the Caldari players that spend their time whining loudly all over (and then calling me a negative nellie, what a joke), being overtly aggressive and/or oppressive to other players when their beloved faction is threatened or when they happen to think differently.

Yeah, I consider the Caldari RP milieu quite unfriendly, be it ICly or OOCly.

I also understand and agree that the Caldari are in a fucked up situation since :TEA:.

Welcome to the club then, they are not alone.

Vikarion

« Reply #76 on: 21 Mar 2013, 14:03 »

Play your characters as they should be.

As Dex noted, the appropriate response by a Caldari Patriot - in universe - to such an event would be to biomass.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #77 on: 21 Mar 2013, 14:07 »

I still fail to see how 10 faction cops that can be warp to warp tanked by a small number of Cal Mil is going to stop the rest of you guys from participating.

This is starting to sound like complaining for the sake of it, when the option to participate is there.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #78 on: 21 Mar 2013, 14:19 »

As Dex noted, the appropriate response by a Caldari Patriot - in universe - to such an event would be to biomass.

You're kidding, right? Suicide because your side suffers a defeat? Shouldn't you just fight harder in that case? I mean, I'm all for being unhappy about these events IC and even somewhat OOC, but killing yourself IC? Is it really that depressing?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #79 on: 21 Mar 2013, 14:26 »

Play your characters as they should be.

If that were true they would have all suicided when they lost it the first time, and there'd be no one left for the State.  That's melodramatic.

Vikarion

« Reply #80 on: 21 Mar 2013, 14:27 »

You're kidding, right? Suicide because your side suffers a defeat? Shouldn't you just fight harder in that case? I mean, I'm all for being unhappy about these events IC and even somewhat OOC, but killing yourself IC? Is it really that depressing?

Go read Dex's rational. In any case, that sort of response is justified in the PF. Heck, it's justified if you just lose a State Raven.

Cael, last I checked, you can't do that anymore. Now you get a spawn for each person. Anyway, even when it did work, it only really worked well before the spawns got good at scramming as well as webbing. Now you get tied down rather than being able to warp away.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #81 on: 21 Mar 2013, 14:32 »

Heck, it's justified if you just lose a State Raven.

"Just"

You'll also note that as this has no impact on the capsuleer, they get the 1st Officer to do it.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #82 on: 21 Mar 2013, 14:35 »

Cael, last I checked, you can't do that anymore. Now you get a spawn for each person. Anyway, even when it did work, it only really worked well before the spawns got good at scramming as well as webbing. Now you get tied down rather than being able to warp away.

Talking with CCP earlier they made reference to the fact Faction police are still a limited number. Of course you guys could just test this in some backwater area if you're not entirely sure.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #83 on: 21 Mar 2013, 14:44 »

Talking with CCP earlier they made reference to the fact Faction police are still a limited number. Of course you guys could just test this in some backwater area if you're not entirely sure.

This. CCP said just today in OOC chat that there is still a limit of 10 faction navy per system.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #84 on: 21 Mar 2013, 14:50 »

In that case there is no problem. You just need more than 10 people. I'm sure the united might of the Caldari Militia can manage that, hmm?

Hell, just bring 50 basilisks >_>

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #85 on: 21 Mar 2013, 14:59 »

Or just use -5 to Gallente that aren't in FW. That way they can tank fine and no one will be able to shoot them without getting CONCORDOKKEN'd.

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #86 on: 21 Mar 2013, 15:04 »

Vikarion, as unhappy as I am with the current Caldari storyline, I do not think it is because Falcon or anyone else on the storyline team has any particular malice towards the Caldari, Caldari RP, or whatever. I think it is more a function of the fact that CCP's live events continue be a case of reach exceeding the grasp and the storyline is still too focused on GIANT SHOCKING EVENTS rather than smaller things that give life to the world in a more distributed way.

Constantly harping about how this is a vendetta against the Caldari only makes you look petulant and makes it easy to dismiss your arguments.

Vikarion

« Reply #87 on: 21 Mar 2013, 15:09 »

Vikarion, as unhappy as I am with the current Caldari storyline, I do not think it is because Falcon or anyone else on the storyline team has any particular malice towards the Caldari, Caldari RP, or whatever. I think it is more a function of the fact that CCP's live events continue be a case of reach exceeding the grasp and the storyline is still too focused on GIANT SHOCKING EVENTS rather than smaller things that give life to the world in a more distributed way.

Constantly harping about how this is a vendetta against the Caldari only makes you look petulant and makes it easy to dismiss your arguments.

I don't believe I've been "constantly harping about how this is a vendetta against the Caldari". I've said that CCP, in my opinion, keeps fucking it up. I can't express my opinion on the actions of particular CCP employees without getting modded.

In any case, I'm taking Hamish's advice. I'm outta the Caldari scene.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #88 on: 21 Mar 2013, 15:13 »

Considering the Titan was railroaded in in the first place, I don't see why people are so offended at it being railroaded out.

Pro Gallente characters had to go through the same level of crap years ago and came out the other side for it, yes there's a setback and the status quo of Tony G's terrible vision will no longer exist (Thank fuck for that!) But no one knows the political fallout yet, to go "Fuck this I'm out!" is exceedingly rash.

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #89 on: 21 Mar 2013, 15:15 »

I just think you need to take a deep breath and relax, Vikarion. This isn't the end of the world, and as frustrating as this particular event is likely to end up being, it's worth waiting a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7