Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Liberation Front's "rampant griffin" corp logo was adopted after the pro-Federation corp The Durandal Organization created a logo using motifs similar to the ILF's original logo?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: The Hubris of 'Doing It Right'  (Read 19570 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: The Hubris of 'Doing It Right'
« Reply #135 on: 08 Jan 2015, 14:03 »

The day a channel will explicitly state that one must be present in local and docked in the correct station to start a RP session in said channel, I will comply. Otherwise, I don't see the point since :interbus: seems perfectly reasonable to me.

I usually use holoprojection for more serious reasons, like impossibility to be there, especially if already RPing in another venue, the impossibility to see the character coming in flesh in some venues, or that kind of things.

Anskek

« Reply #136 on: 08 Jan 2015, 14:31 »

The day a channel will explicitly state that one must be present in local and docked in the correct station to start a RP session in said channel, I will comply. Otherwise, I don't see the point since :interbus: seems perfectly reasonable to me.

I usually use holoprojection for more serious reasons, like impossibility to be there, especially if already RPing in another venue, the impossibility to see the character coming in flesh in some venues, or that kind of things.
+1. I can't even fly in systems where some venues are. Interbus4lyfe

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #137 on: 08 Jan 2015, 15:11 »

*Casts Call Of The Grave*

*Ends all Necroposts*

Anskek

« Reply #138 on: 08 Jan 2015, 15:19 »

YOURE NOT MY SUPERVISOR

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #139 on: 09 Jan 2015, 21:12 »

I prefer to fly to locations to be there personally, especially if it is stated clearly, unless busy somewhere with something.

I accept both interbusing and coming in person, and usually follow what my partner/partners in RP wish.

The only no-no for me are inacceptable to general baseliners locations: like Thera, Jove space, wormholes. However, I was invited to two wormhole systems and I think I will be there physically for a cup of tea or coffee, of course with being present physically  ;)

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #140 on: 14 Jun 2015, 04:10 »

Pulling a Makkal. Is this issue still a thing or have we finally removed this kebab, cause I been noticing a FEW new faces stickin around and being helped.

What is 'pulling a Makkal?'
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #141 on: 14 Jun 2015, 04:26 »

Thread necroing, if I remember the context right. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #142 on: 14 Jun 2015, 04:51 »

Is it ironic?
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #143 on: 14 Jun 2015, 04:58 »

Maybe? I've been awake for a little over 20 hours so I think my irony meter might be needing recalibration.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #144 on: 14 Jun 2015, 07:22 »

Oh my god its Makkal!!!! MAKKAL I MISHED YOU <3 pls come backkk
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #145 on: 14 Jun 2015, 07:35 »

Is it ironic?
Not anymore now...maybe it never was.  :s :eek:
-OOChé

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #146 on: 14 Jun 2015, 10:44 »

Being an old sort, I've been doing the RP thing for a very, very long time. Basic D&D sort of old. That being said...

That we're even having this conversation, puts our little community leagues above a LOT of other games' communities. We do a very good job of avoiding blatant SF and Space Opera names and conventions. We don't have to deal with the player who is dating the GM and gets the Pollyanna (Sookie) character with the uber-wonky powers. Game mechanics keep us from having to suffer the "power-gamer" and the "rules lawyer."

For my RP, I try very, very hard to tell a story or enhance a story that is being told. The rules I keep for myself are avoid tropes (though I realize every character and situation is a trope: http://tvtropes.org/) and keep it logical. This is SF, and while we don't all need multiple doctorates, if I can keep my character from walking around on top of the station without a EVA suit, I'm ahead of the curve. CCP gave us a good universe to play around in. So yes, it's a bit silly to be running down the corridors of your ship to put out a fire when you're supposed to be in a capsule and can just remotely open a hatch. Everyone starts somewhere. We're the people that help the new people work out the details.

CCP has been taking a lot of cues from us recently. So as long as we're good storytellers, being good RPers will just come naturally. So don't be too harsh when "Capt JamieKirk" logs on and tells you he's secretly a spy from the Drone Collective. Gently point to the OOC resources and help him along. Then if that doesn't work, space the fucker.

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #147 on: 15 Jun 2015, 12:38 »

Y SINJIN!? Y U NECRO DIS?

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #148 on: 17 Jun 2015, 19:30 »

I noticed this thread.

I didn't read any of it.

But I immediately thought of this.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #149 on: 19 Jun 2015, 08:45 »

Kyoko wins this thread...
Or at least the part that I can remember, the post-necro round.
-OOChé
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11