Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Saxon Hawke has the inscription "A man travels the universe in search of what he needs and returns home to find it." added near the entry port of every ship he purchases?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: It took a really big hose, but...  (Read 9785 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: It took a really big hose, but...
« Reply #15 on: 28 Jan 2014, 18:59 »

Need more Hyasyoda stuff! I want to hear more about the Practical-turned-Liberal.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 28 Jan 2014, 19:01 »

Hopefully this signals the end of the Ishukone hard-on TonyG had and there can actually be more arcs and news involving the other Megas in the State like Wiyrkomi or CBD that have had practically nothing mentioned about them. Hell CBD is still basically a short paragraph of, "We import and export stuff."

Doubt it.

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #17 on: 28 Jan 2014, 19:34 »

Hopefully this signals the end of the Ishukone hard-on TonyG had and there can actually be more arcs and news involving the other Megas in the State like Wiyrkomi or CBD that have had practically nothing mentioned about them. Hell CBD is still basically a short paragraph of, "We import and export stuff."

Doubt it.

Maybe, but I guess it depends if CCP will still need a plot device for when they need a State Mega to undertake actions no other Mega would agree to politically.

Erys Charantes

• Just another Gallentean girl.
  • Clonejack
« Reply #18 on: 28 Jan 2014, 20:48 »

Frankly, I'm just happy to see things marching forward.
"The hardest person to know is often yourself."

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 28 Jan 2014, 23:24 »

Nugo isn't much better.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #20 on: 29 Jan 2014, 00:01 »

Need more Hyasyoda stuff! I want to hear more about the Practical-turned-Liberal.
There is some story about Hyasoda in Caldari epic arc  :roll:

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #21 on: 29 Jan 2014, 00:58 »

I said more.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #22 on: 29 Jan 2014, 01:20 »

TBH, it makes sense that you don't hear much about a megacorp like Hyasyoda. They are a very paranoid bunch, and thus it would seem they prefer to keep out of the limelight. :)

The same logic can be applied to a lot of the other megas, especially NOH with being all shady business dealers and whatnot.
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2014, 01:21 by Korsavius »
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: 29 Jan 2014, 01:41 »

TBH, it makes sense that you don't hear much about a megacorp like Hyasyoda. They are a very paranoid bunch, and thus it would seem they prefer to keep out of the limelight. :)

The same logic can be applied to a lot of the other megas, especially NOH with being all shady business dealers and whatnot.

I think a mega that focuses on entertainment and gambling would be in the public eye a bit.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #24 on: 29 Jan 2014, 01:49 »

They have a reputation for operating on the shadier side of the law. I doubt they would want to be in the public eye much. But, alas, this just comes down to personal opinion.
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: 29 Jan 2014, 01:51 »

They have a reputation for operating on the shadier side of the law. I doubt they would want to be in the public eye much. But, alas, this just comes down to personal opinion.

There are rumors of such activities. None confirmed. And it just seems rather oxymoronic for an entertainment corporation to not be in the public eye. That's sort of the job description.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #26 on: 29 Jan 2014, 02:34 »

Sorry Swagginmuffin, I'm gonna have to back Jace on this. NOH is all about the public eye. They rub their junk all up in the public eye and love it.

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #27 on: 29 Jan 2014, 04:19 »

I think my two favourite Caldari news-arcs were the SuVee-Lai Dai war and the Deep Core Mining mine collapse since they showed aspects of the State coming through: Their willingness to engage in open corporate warfare and their equal willingness to tell the Amarr to mind their own business and keep the slaves to their own.

I'm also not sure if it's intentional or not but increasingly in my own perception it seems CCP's portrayal with Ishukone is that it's the Mega that's the nail sticking out in the State. Just a few examples:

- Where the Caldari can be described as a stoic and dignified people Mens Reppola has now had two "emotive" and "teary" public displays (Sensitive New Age Caldari, maybe?)
- Ishukone has had two high-profile defections with Hnolku and that Arek'Jaalan guy that most other Caldari considered treasonous actions. To the point Hnolku is synonymous slang for traitor.
- Only Mega to seek normalized relations with the Federation beyond economic considerations.
- Only Mega to make deals with the Federation during the Heth period (Although the news article regarding the Ishukone-Roden negotiations seems to have gone into a CCP memory hole).
- Only Mega to be staunchly publicly opposed during the Heth period

That's only off the top of my head, but I've always wondered at the direction CCP has taken with Ishukone in the news and fiction. It's like they've gone, here's the Caldari State on one hand, and then now here's Ishukone and its citizens doing things completely different on the other. Maybe that's the point, who knows.

PracticalTechnicality

« Reply #28 on: 29 Jan 2014, 05:06 »

I wouldn't say no to anything tat makes Practicals more than b-movie collectivist Randroids.  We have a slew of opportunities for exploring all of the megas and their impact on society, but atm it seems to be 'Military Liberals', 'Military Patriots', 'practicals' and then 'generic research group, add bloc prefix as required'. 

Suvee is a 40% land owner in the State at large.  This represents enormous diversity of holdings even with most of it potentially being empty space for development, agriculture or industry (empty as in non-residential, non-metropolitan - aka culturally void as the societies there are so small as to be absorbed entirely into generic corporate culture as opposed to local factors). 

NOH is an entertainment corporation.  What constitutes entertainment in the State?  We get a slew of 'shady drug manufacturing and naughtiness' in the PF that just doesn't do justice to an interstellar media and commodity producing giant.  How does NOH penetrate the culture of other megas to retail its products?  Is NOH in partnership with other mega-subsidiaries to provide tolerated products and media to the masses?  Even better, is NOH intrinsic to the cultural sanitising of foreign media for the Caldari public? 

CBD.  Import/export... I see.  What precisely?  Are they a buy low sell high lot with a logistics backbone?  How are they a mega corporation if all they do is move product?  On an interstellar and international scale I assume this could become a realistic option, but why another mega wouldn't subsume them into a full vertical monopoly that would benefit both organisations escapes me.  Do they have some horizontal holdings that stabilise and feed them, with import/export being their noticeable contribution to the State? 

There are many more questions on this topic, but the above are particularly vexing in my opinion.  The Practical bloc is extremely under-developed to the point of being moustachioed capitalist villains in the PF, and it is my hope that myself and like-minded players can begin to round the faction out, based on the (in game) realities we have experienced moving between larger power structures as traders, industrialists, freelancers and even privateers on occasion. 

I applaud the efforts of Liberal and Patriot roleplayers and hope that by beginning to address these deeper questions, from our perch as capsuleers holding Caldari values, we can add more life to our faction. 

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #29 on: 29 Jan 2014, 05:22 »

I think my two favourite Caldari news-arcs were the SuVee-Lai Dai war and the Deep Core Mining mine collapse since they showed aspects of the State coming through: Their willingness to engage in open corporate warfare and their equal willingness to tell the Amarr to mind their own business and keep the slaves to their own.

I'm also not sure if it's intentional or not but increasingly in my own perception it seems CCP's portrayal with Ishukone is that it's the Mega that's the nail sticking out in the State. Just a few examples:

- Where the Caldari can be described as a stoic and dignified people Mens Reppola has now had two "emotive" and "teary" public displays (Sensitive New Age Caldari, maybe?)
- Ishukone has had two high-profile defections with Hnolku and that Arek'Jaalan guy that most other Caldari considered treasonous actions. To the point Hnolku is synonymous slang for traitor.
- Only Mega to seek normalized relations with the Federation beyond economic considerations.
- Only Mega to make deals with the Federation during the Heth period (Although the news article regarding the Ishukone-Roden negotiations seems to have gone into a CCP memory hole).
- Only Mega to be staunchly publicly opposed during the Heth period

That's only off the top of my head, but I've always wondered at the direction CCP has taken with Ishukone in the news and fiction. It's like they've gone, here's the Caldari State on one hand, and then now here's Ishukone and its citizens doing things completely different on the other. Maybe that's the point, who knows.
Before TonyG, Ishukone was almost leading Caldari corporation. What happened with them, is a clash of two "mountain goats": Gairushi and Broker, who rammed their horns of pride to each other, obliterating themselves and millions of lives around in process. After that, Ishukone turned from leading to rear Caldari mega, it became black ship, and it rotated around Mens Reppola. The damage done to this corporation's name, from my opinion, is way greater than damage done to the name of Caldari Constructions. CCP has removed Heth, but Reppola is still here.

Such depiction of Ishukone and their resistance to the State runs counter to typical Caldari mindset, where being Caldari has preference over being a member of a certain corporation.
Quote from: New Horizons(Chronicle)
Caldari thought of them as Caldari first, their corporation came second, with the bloodline they belonged to a distant third
I don't know what CCP is doing, but I see obvious parallels between Ishukone turns and this new story with FIO agents...   :roll:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6