Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That  following several months of dedicated research, the Synenose Accord held a public and widely attended conference in the shattered Seyllin system, site of the tragic Seyllin Main-Sequence event? See more here

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: It took a really big hose, but...  (Read 9784 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
It took a really big hose, but...
« on: 28 Jan 2014, 07:48 »

... as most people have probably heard, the fires in Malkalen are out, as of the Rubicon 1.1 patch today.

And Ishukone had words to say about it.

Possible event brewing? Who knows!
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Anja Suorsa

• Clonejack
  • N00b
Re: It took a really big hose, but...
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2014, 08:04 »

Fine, fixed in a patch.

Surely though, thinking logically it would be impossible to do that much work (even if just the exterior) in such a short space of time?

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2014, 08:15 »

Maybe it means I'm a dork, but the most exciting part of the patch notes to me was: "Station exteriors in New Eden have been renovated."

Though 1.1gb? With my internet, that's several hours. Laaaaaaaame.

Edit:

Also, ouch:
Crow
Mobility (agility / align time): 3.7 (+0.6) / 5.46 (+0.88)
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2014, 08:17 by Jace/Brock »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2014, 08:17 »

Imagine the aliens meme guy with the text :spacetech: + :money: underneath.

I'm a little wibbly on the realism of that much happening overnight (though, to be fair, I don't know how long it takes to hatch a station egg) but it's probably safe to guess that smaller, less visible work was being done in the background, unseen, and that the "last 24 hours" was a special rush for the visible, cosmetic fixes.

Jace: there's a reason I patched my TQ client to Sisi last night when I went to bed. Logged into TQ this morning instantly with no patching. :3 (Also, there were more graphics assets than just the remodeled stations and Crucifier and Nestor hulls - every object in the game with a rendered icon now has its icon included in the client rather than being rendered on the fly by the user's hardware. That's a lot of icons.)
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2014, 08:20 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2014, 08:18 »

I'm a little wibbly on the realism of that much happening overnight (though, to be fair, I don't know how long it takes to hatch a station egg) but it's probably safe to guess that smaller, less visible work was being done in the background, unseen, and that the "last 24 hours" was a special rush for the visible, cosmetic fixes.

Jace: there's a reason I patched my TQ client to Sisi last night when I went to bed. Logged into TQ this morning instantly with no patching. :3

I must do this in the future. But oh well, this means I can't procrastinate much today.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jan 2014, 08:21 »

This is how I view it. I would imagine interior reconstruction has been complete for awhile, and that exterior construction was done as modules (much like ships)--finished pieces being built in other factories, then moved to and attached to the station overnight, replacing the old, damaged components.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jan 2014, 08:24 »

in-universe, they could have funded the reconstruction by.... offering LP to capsuleers.

because to cash in on LP, costs ISK and lots of it. the LP store ISK costs are greater than mission ISK reward payments (not including bounties ofc, bounties come from CONCORD).

So, by offering LP in return for materials/repair drones, then they can fund the reconstruction, from the ISK spent by capsuleers cashing in their LP.

And it could have been an event.
\o/

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jan 2014, 10:17 »

Also of note:

The Malkalen station isn't actually finished. Just looked at it in-game. There is still noticeable structural framework on the 'fin' bits and some other parts of the superstruture, and it's missing the 'tube' to the exterior platform that other stations of that design have. It's also missing the structure that connects it to the other exterior platform.

So it's not entirely finished. There's still work being done.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 28 Jan 2014, 10:41 »

Station egg mechanics are a little derpy like this. You launch and anchor it, which only takes an hour but leaves it still an egg. Then you charge it full of production mats, 'priming' it for proper deployment. Because of the nature of the DB update, though, the outpost only deploys over the next downtime - no matter how far off it is. Naturally, people have taken to deploying outposts at the last possible moment before DT to minimize its time as a destructible egg.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #9 on: 28 Jan 2014, 11:06 »

Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 28 Jan 2014, 11:26 »

This would have been a wonderful chance for a player event not involving shooting other people, but involving distribution and accumulation of construction materials.

Could have been a nice chance for Ishukone and State supporters to contribute in game and see some results for a nice little arc :
:(

But hey maybe that kind of thing isn't going to happen anymore.
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2014, 11:28 by Silas Vitalia »

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 28 Jan 2014, 12:20 »

Now CONCORD just needs to stop being derps and fix their station.  :psyccp:

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 28 Jan 2014, 12:56 »

Now CONCORD just needs to stop being derps and fix their station.  :psyccp:

hehehe, i suppose its difficult for them since they need to keep huge quantities of cash to pay all the NPC bounties, taxes can only go so far....

But perhaps with the new "95% payout" mechanic ...they will keep the books a little tighter this year.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #13 on: 28 Jan 2014, 15:10 »

Last time someone asked on the IGS that CONCORD rebuild the station, the event actor came and said "WHY ? THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY USELESS NOW"

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #14 on: 28 Jan 2014, 18:38 »

Hopefully this signals the end of the Ishukone hard-on TonyG had and there can actually be more arcs and news involving the other Megas in the State like Wiyrkomi or CBD that have had practically nothing mentioned about them. Hell CBD is still basically a short paragraph of, "We import and export stuff."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6