Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Elsebeth, of clan Rhiannon, was born on Matar in the heartlands of Mikramurka continent in the year 81? Read her official biography here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Chronicle: Sirens of Fear and Sense  (Read 10472 times)

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
Re: Chronicle: Sirens of Fear and Sense
« Reply #15 on: 07 Feb 2013, 01:04 »

Yeah, I'm going to be SUPER CRANKY if this is CCP's way of saying to Caldari RPers "You didn't like being semi-Nazis? Your faction just went FULL FASCIST! Deal with it!"
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #16 on: 07 Feb 2013, 01:16 »

I think we can stand to give CCP Falcon a bit more faith than this. He was one of us just a little while ago... I don't think he would derp that hard, would he?

Aquila Shadow

• Totally not a spy
  • Clonejack
« Reply #17 on: 07 Feb 2013, 02:58 »

I think we can stand to give CCP Falcon a bit more faith than this. He was one of us just a little while ago... I don't think he would derp that hard, would he?

Well he was a Gurista.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #18 on: 07 Feb 2013, 03:16 »

Well he was a Gurista.

I find this train of thought perturbing because it implies a lack of professionalism. More than one person is responsible for the integrity of the Prime Fiction and story direction. Simply because Falcon is the most visible doesn't mean he is suddenly the only person driving the boat.

I am also much rather inclined to see the conclusion of the story arc before passing judgment on it - not everything will make sense at first. The Sansha Arc leading to Incursion was much the same way.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Aquila Shadow

• Totally not a spy
  • Clonejack
« Reply #19 on: 07 Feb 2013, 04:09 »

Well he was a Gurista.

I find this train of thought perturbing because it implies a lack of professionalism. More than one person is responsible for the integrity of the Prime Fiction and story direction. Simply because Falcon is the most visible doesn't mean he is suddenly the only person driving the boat.

I am also much rather inclined to see the conclusion of the story arc before passing judgment on it - not everything will make sense at first. The Sansha Arc leading to Incursion was much the same way.

You seem to have missed the part were I was joking Ghost.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #20 on: 07 Feb 2013, 04:31 »

Well he was a Gurista.

You seem to have missed the part were I was joking Ghost.

Not enough context supplied to infer that as the intent, Aquila. A parallel discussion to this topic just occurred in EVE's OOC chat that wasn't joking about that fact. That colored my perception of your post.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Grideris

• Wetgraver
  • Keeper of the bowl of Infinite Popcorn
« Reply #21 on: 07 Feb 2013, 04:49 »

As far as the 514 thing goes, I would love to tell you guys. However, I swore on my previous computer's grave to CCP at Fanfest that I would not tell anyone until they deemed that the right time had come. (Seriously. Well, except the whole computer grave part.)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #22 on: 07 Feb 2013, 05:10 »

I more read it as CCP's way to ditch Heth

Adreena Madeveda

• What's your favourite thing about space ?
  • Egger
  • Mine is space.
    • A Blog !
« Reply #23 on: 07 Feb 2013, 05:34 »

Isn't the 514 thing something like a pun in Chinese numerology ?
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Shakespeare, Macbecth

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #24 on: 07 Feb 2013, 06:21 »

Congrats to CCP for running a dust live event when the Euro and US timezone are at work  :roll:

Downtime to Downtime or nowt IMO  :mad:

Still, a decent chronicle; though it seems Sol's going to have to sit on the sidelines as her pro-heth stance will fly in the face of current corporate opinion.  Still, I have plenty to do in this kind of environment :).

Lyn Farel

« Reply #25 on: 07 Feb 2013, 07:22 »

Maybe the War Council is simple the CEP body that directs the Caldari Navy?

I am being a little paranoid, especially given some of the language being used in news releases, stories, etc with regards to the State.

It seems like the State is being setup to fall hard; like really hard.  To the point that its a pariah state on the other big ones.

The Caldari and Minmatar could use a few kicks in the ass and looking like fools for a change, it would make the other factions breath a little.

Sometimes, and I am probably wrong, I get that absurd feeling that Caldari and Minmatar do not really suffer from player dislike and flak that the Amarr and the Gallente get.
« Last Edit: 07 Feb 2013, 07:25 by Lyn Farel »

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #26 on: 07 Feb 2013, 07:36 »

Well, uh, that was a little more direct than I thought that was going to go down.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #27 on: 07 Feb 2013, 08:04 »

While I in essence agree with Lyn here, I also share Tib's impression of the events.

I mean, "going down-hill" is one thing, Heth is more like an unstoppable free-fall at this point.

It will not be pretty when he finally hit the ground...

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #28 on: 07 Feb 2013, 09:57 »

Actually, many historical examples can be provided that when systems and leaders fall, they fall far and fast: the French and american revolutions, glasnost and perestroika processes, the end of the appartheid in South Africa, the end os the spanish dictatorship, etc. Such massive changes often explode when a critical mass has been reached due to one reason or another. It's not the only way it can happen, true, but it isn't that rare.

Oh, and as far as where I see this going, I agree with Seriphyn, I think CCP is turning the Caldari back to the Eight and far from Heth's hands/vision now that his role in creating FW (together with the Elders) is complete.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #29 on: 07 Feb 2013, 11:17 »

Isn't the 514 thing something like a pun in Chinese numerology ?
Close. Except it is not numerology as 514 is not a special number in itself for a Chinese. I do not know what they call it, but the Chinese care a lot for items that have the (nearly) same pronounciation and the association this brings.

As such "five one four" pronounced in Mandarin is the same as "I (am) going (to) die".

For a game developed i China this makes good sense on its origin, though what it means in the Eve universe could be anything.

P.s. I had help from my Chinese wife to figure this out.
« Last Edit: 07 Feb 2013, 13:46 by Myyona »
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5