Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Julianus Soter first stated his intention to liberate Federation space on December 4th, Year 111? See the announcement here

Author Topic: [Mission] Black Ops Crisis  (Read 8757 times)

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
[Mission] Black Ops Crisis
« on: 05 Jun 2011, 12:52 »

Caldari storyline mission:

Greetings, [pilot].  Several days ago, an internal security team identified a Gallente deep cover saboteur working at one of our clandestine shipyards producing the current generation of Widow-class Black Ops battleships.  He swallowed a hidden poison tablet as we moved in to arrest him, so he is no longer a threat.

However, during a routine quality control check, the shipyard's scientific team was shocked to discover a highly advanced nanite swarm that the saboteur had somehow introduced into the shipyard's stockpile of advanced adhesives used to bond sensor-absorbing coatings to the hulls of our newly-constructed Widows.  The effect of this harmful agent is to slowly erode this protective coating, thus increasing the ship's signature radius, making it easier for our enemies to detect and attack.

Given the slow-acting nature of this particular breed of nanite, it is unlikely that this gradual loss of stealth capability would be noticeable under routine operating conditions, thus placing the ship and its crew at mortal risk when operating in hostile space.  Essentially, the Widow's commander would not know that his ship had lost its critical operational advantage until he was detected and targeted by hostile combatants.  Given the very specialized role of this ship, not only would the Widow be compromised, but it is possible that any ships he might be bridging in via its covert jump portal generator could be unknowingly hot dropped near a waiting enemy fleet, instead of empty space.

In order to remedy this critical situation, we need you to immediately transport a large quantity of our new aerogel counteragent to a station for further distribution to the fleet.  This shipment represents our best and only hope to quickly repair the damage done by the Gallente spy and ensure the safety of our brave Widow pilots and crew.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
Re: [Mission] Black Ops Crisis
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jun 2011, 14:12 »

this a normal mission or a storyline?
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jun 2011, 14:15 »

Its interesting regardless.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jun 2011, 14:20 »

It is a storyline courier mission, level 3.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #4 on: 05 Jun 2011, 15:36 »

Lol, is every Caldari storyline about how they have Federal operatives crawling out their asses?

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 05 Jun 2011, 16:04 »

There's been some interesting storylines of late - I don't run missions that much, but there are things such as rescuing VIPs going to a shareholder meeting etc. ("Caldari" and "democracy" mentioned in the same sentence - though it also mentions that usually, the Board of Directors is the largest group holding shares.) Plus transporting transaction logs around, those do always offer tension and excitement that can be excelled by nothing else. (Except "Autopilot disabled. Waypoint reached.")

I haven't really missioned on the Gallente/Minmatar side, but on the other side of the divide, it does seem like the Gallente do meddle a lot. The more important missions on this regard are not actually storylines - first, there's a mission that mentions that Caldari corporations are free to get the security where they want. Hence, a Caldari front corporation of the Gallente, which is free to contract the Federal Navy as its security provider. This is mentioned to be a loophole in the Iyen-Oursta Accords which ended the Cal-Gal war. (The player, of course, blows the Navy up, along with the traitors' corporate HQ. That'll teach them, ha ha ha!) Then, there's an issue where a corporate employee is defecting to the Federation. The notes tell that more and more people in the State are not agreeing with the direction the State is going, and leaving to the service of the Mordu's Legion, or as a newer trend, the Federation. (Again, player is tasked to make an example of a defectee.) And then the drug bust mission, where it is mentioned that FIO uses the Caldari underworld as their channel to get information.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #6 on: 05 Jun 2011, 16:39 »

Very interesting! Thanks for that, Mith. I'd love to see shots of those.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 05 Jun 2011, 21:37 »

uhmm courier.....i guess i'll have to start working on those to get more info from the gallente side.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 06 Jun 2011, 05:15 »

Storylines are random. I haven't really done anything but combat missions, and I still get Important Storylines as couriers mostly.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #9 on: 06 Jun 2011, 06:32 »

I thought it depends primarily on the division of the nearest storyline agent?

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #10 on: 06 Jun 2011, 11:08 »

I thought it depends primarily on the division of the nearest storyline agent?

Nope.

Every storyline agent draws from the same pool. Couriers have the highest ratio to be drawed from, with combats pretty much at the bottom of the list.

Try getting Special Delivery 7 times in a row out in Nullsec. ; __________ ;
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation