Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You fly your ship from inside a pod, not from a bridge?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What to do with the Avaface  (Read 4851 times)

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
What to do with the Avaface
« on: 11 Jun 2014, 16:14 »

So.

I have now been bouncing back and forth between Ava n Kyllsa for a year or so, and I must say, it has helped my enjoyment of eve. At times I dislike my own character (Ava); she is often hot headed, stubborn, combative, and very difficult for anyone to tolerate. Kyllsa has given me a port in a storm, so to speak, to take a much needed break... but... It also, however, makes me wish that Ava were simply more like K. Due to the way SP/training works, of course, it is difficult to just reroll, and of course, I DO have a lot of sentimental attachment to Ava. I just wish I could, I dont know... have Ava somehow "grow up" to be more like K, to be a bit more thoughtful, mature, measured, and simply wise. Ava is like... well. Yeah. She's a somewhat immature lifetime screwup, and I kind of want her to move past that.

Just not sure how?

I'm babbling.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
Re: What to do with the Avaface
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2014, 16:59 »

Solution: Life-altering experiences and reflection! Also education could help. *nod nod*

Jocca Quinn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2014, 17:14 »

First I had no idea the same player was behind those two (yeah I am kinda slow)

Second, easy answer to your problem, ave K assist A on a vision quest. See the "Methods of torture: Minmatar" for the general idea.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jun 2014, 03:48 »

Magnets.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jun 2014, 03:56 »

Yeah what they said.

Oh also I had similar reflections with Lyn at some point, where I started to seriously hate her IGS side and eventually made her change that by "force". After looking for convoluted excuses and justifications, I simply came with a more elegant and easy solution : she noticed someday (I think it was after a certain succession of events) that people disliked her for several things, and eventually saw through it. Which leaded to a temporary depression and self reflection and stuff.

I think Ava was involved. Something that pissed Ava and made her tell her nasty things that shook Lyn enough (since she considered Ava to have something she never had herself and tended to consider her as a some kind of big sister and all, etc etc).

Eventually she suddenly stopped posting in heated debates and stopped being bossy, which was a part of the character that did not fit with the character at all. The last years you almost never found Lyn involved in heated arguments on the IGS anymore.

Note : if you need Lyn IC support at some point in your background, feel free to do (after all the character still exists in the universe, not sure what she's up to vOv).

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jun 2014, 05:19 »

Kill her off with some measure of finality. Start over with new character or alt. Realise you were wrong and miss Ava. Bring her back somehow - the how is not important.

Profit.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

It's goddamn bona fide!

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jun 2014, 05:27 »

First I had no idea the same player was behind those two (yeah I am kinda slow)

Second, easy answer to your problem, ave K assist A on a vision quest. See the "Methods of torture: Minmatar" for the general idea.

Then I succeeded in not making them similar!  Also, this is a good idea, as is Lyn's... Lyn thought so highly of Ava?!?

But then, so is Ollie's! Urgh!

K is approaching 15 million SP, so I guess I could just "shift focus"... idk! Ack!

*clings, misses Lyn*

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 12 Jun 2014, 06:02 »

Lyn thought so highly of Ava?!?

*clings, misses Lyn*

Miss some things in Eve too.

Yes, Lyn had a lot of more or less untold little secrets like that, although she made it look almost obvious at times with a few clues. Somehow it's always the sad part of RP, those rarely get revealed at some point.

Drakolus

« Reply #8 on: 12 Jun 2014, 06:31 »

There is also the natural progression route.  As you said you can "grow up" and change.  There doesn't need to be one magical moment where you instantly change into something different, it could just be that over the time you've been playing her, she's learned x y and z and as such has changed to adapt to her new knowledge and/or World view.  I would like to make a comment here about getting older and wiser...but I'm cranky, have not had my coffee and just woke up so I'm hurtin (getting older also sucks). 

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #9 on: 12 Jun 2014, 12:06 »

There is also the natural progression route.  As you said you can "grow up" and change.  There doesn't need to be one magical moment where you instantly change into something different, it could just be that over the time you've been playing her, she's learned x y and z and as such has changed to adapt to her new knowledge and/or World view.  I would like to make a comment here about getting older and wiser...but I'm cranky, have not had my coffee and just woke up so I'm hurtin (getting older also sucks).

This, basically. If you take a look at the same person 2 times 5 years apart, you will often see significant differences. Of course, it isn't extremely short term, but you could probably accelerate the process a bit. Particularly if Ava sort of realizes there is a different way to be or attitude to take and is taking an active rather than passive role in changing. What you should try and figure out is exactly where you want her to end up.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 Jun 2014, 15:44 »

This, basically. If you take a look at the same person 2 times 5 years apart, you will often see significant differences. Of course, it isn't extremely short term, but you could probably accelerate the process a bit. Particularly if Ava sort of realizes there is a different way to be or attitude to take and is taking an active rather than passive role in changing. What you should try and figure out is exactly where you want her to end up.

Further to this. I would figure where you want to go with the character; then think of someone who is already there and find a reason to interact with them some more. Maybe with an OOC chat with the player first to ease things along.

I'd rather you didn't kill her as both those characters are, in their own way, part of why I'm still in the game.
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2014, 15:46 by Arnulf Ogunkoya »
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 12 Jun 2014, 16:21 »

I've found that being Space Married was an excellent deus ex machina tool for making Karmilla a lot less bitchy and frustrating to play.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #12 on: 12 Jun 2014, 17:19 »

SPAAAEC BABIES  :D

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #13 on: 12 Jun 2014, 20:51 »

I figured that the best way is to make the change gradual, as the character grows from interacting with others, including members of the Amarr Empire who aren't 100% despicable. She should gradually realise that the other side isn't as bad as she makes them out to be, even if they are still slaver bastards, and etc. Then soften her up as time passes. Suddenly character change is jarring and should be avoided.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Lyn Farel

« Reply #14 on: 13 Jun 2014, 02:17 »

I figured that the best way is to make the change gradual, as the character grows from interacting with others, including members of the Amarr Empire who aren't 100% despicable. She should gradually realise that the other side isn't as bad as she makes them out to be, even if they are still slaver bastards, and etc.

From what I recall I think she might already have passed that step though  8)
Pages: [1] 2