Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that "Operation Trinity Vanguard" was the code name for the defense of the Incursions in Anyed, Antem and Imya. The Anti-Incursion fleets contisted over 800 pilots from CVA, KotMC, Moira., Star Fraction, FCORD, SYNE Coalition and countless other corps and alliances.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Where do we go from here?  (Read 3476 times)

Anslol

Re: Where do we go from here?
« Reply #15 on: 20 Sep 2013, 08:42 »

What everyone said about doing stuff OOC?...do that, all of that. Toss aside the RP for a bit and think what you the person want to do in Eve that's always seemed fun to you. Once found, DO THAT THING. RP shouldn't block game play avenues or fun. Mold your RP around your game play style, not the other way around. You might find some interesting twists and turns occur for RP goodness.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 23 Sep 2013, 06:39 »

What I do outside of RP:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Directors traditionally NEVER log in.

Vic Van Meter

• Omelette
« Reply #17 on: 24 Sep 2013, 19:19 »

Seriously, if your RP is getting stale, do what I do.  Start of a close, personal RP that you can do in chats while you play the rest of the game.  Sometimes, if you're not getting anything going, it's because the community is defibrillating.  What you need to do is get into a one-on-one situation and turn in, getting a deeper examination of the character.  That way, you can develop a few new wrinkles and sometimes change the entire nature of the character.

That's important.  You don't want to do a complete heel turn, but characters should be as multidimensional as people.  Sometimes, that's hard to develop in big group RP.  Parse it down and just write a story with one or two other people that puts your character in a new situation they haven't been in before.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 24 Sep 2013, 21:32 »

99% of Arista's actual RP is one one one or very tiny groups.  Everywhere else she is windowdressing because she is not the type of character who causes scenes in public.

:Amarr:

And it IS deep.  She's "accidentallied" a few people (truly accidentally, just by me RPing what she is) and caused changes in their behaviors, opinions, etc that have stuck.
« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2013, 21:34 by Arista Shahni »

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #19 on: 24 Sep 2013, 21:58 »

My PC is just treading water.

I know you've all been there, so what did you do?

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 24 Sep 2013, 22:43 »

I approve of this message.  I miss playing Wounded Bird.  (or thee other less polite term, bait-bitch).

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #21 on: 25 Sep 2013, 00:21 »

I too F everything and plunder Amarrian strategic assets.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #22 on: 25 Sep 2013, 07:03 »

What everyone said about doing stuff OOC?...do that, all of that. Toss aside the RP for a bit and think what you the person want to do in Eve that's always seemed fun to you. Once found, DO THAT THING. RP shouldn't block game play avenues or fun. Mold your RP around your game play style, not the other way around. You might find some interesting twists and turns occur for RP goodness.

That is possibly the best piece of advice I've seen in here. +1

This is highly recommended. Some of the best times I've had in EVE RP related or not were as a pirate. If its way too big of a stretch to become a pirate then join an active anti-pirate group. IMO piracy is a bit more fun, but its also fun to ride the moral high ground sometimes too.  ;)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Anslol

« Reply #23 on: 25 Sep 2013, 07:34 »

Not empty quoting.

Shiori

« Reply #24 on: 25 Sep 2013, 07:45 »

I believe in the healing power of violence.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 27 Sep 2013, 21:02 »

Meh. Is that the best we can really do with immortality? It's a bit sad, really, innit? Bubble up around a gate and wait for some chump to try to warp to zero or, if you work FW space, fit out a huge bunch of cockbag sebo-arty Thrashers and camp Ichoriya/Akidagi?

I mean, it's a lifestyle choice and all that. There's nothing wrong with violencing somebody's spaceboat, but I kinda wish, from an RP angle, I could be doing something productive and constructive. Like, FW was sort of silly before Caldari Prime, but now - what happs? There kinda isn't a rationale for it.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #26 on: 27 Sep 2013, 21:38 »

RP'ers invade Null.
That'd go well...  :bash:

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #27 on: 27 Sep 2013, 21:50 »

Rp'ers 'invade' null, it's just that we're too small a percentage of the game to form even a reasonably sized corporation, I think. :(

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #28 on: 27 Sep 2013, 22:20 »

Rp'ers 'invade' null, it's just that we're too small a percentage of the game to form even a reasonably sized corporation, I think. :(

^ exactly.
Plus we'd be too busy having parties to adequately defend any space.

Would be an interesting thing to see. A CONCORD-esque coalition of empire-loyalists carving out some space and dividing it up. Infighting but still working against the .... crazy... people of the fringes.

Demion Samenel

• Commander
  • Egger
    • 4TH blog
« Reply #29 on: 27 Sep 2013, 22:28 »

I agree, try to find a good OOC path that sounds "fun" and then adapt you RP after that. A good piece of advice +1.
Pages: 1 [2] 3